What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

Ethnicity: Bengali
Lingual dialect: Shyleti
Like to call my self: Syloti Bangladeshi:D

As for others , Most likely all of them are bengali as well. Zakir is a shyleti like me, while M_saint can compliment Indian trolls in very classic bangla.:azn:

Zakir has told me in the past he is not bengali. Captain says he's Arab. Unlikely, but anything is possible in Bangladesh.

One more question - do any BD students come to India to study? In Mumbai I've met students from Africa, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritius - even China - but never a Bangladeshi. Or if at all they come they prefer Calcutta and Delhi?

do Bangladeshis know urdu? & watch Pakistani TV Channels now?

P.S: My Family use to live in Khulna before 1971 & than move to Karachi long before my birth, i want to visit Bangladesh with my mom....:)
Yes most of the Bangladeshis understand urdu and hindi.Some Pakistani channels are broadcasted here through cable network.I personally like some shows of Geo news channel,they are like fun shows at the same time showing ground reality.

Which top 3 countries do you guys see forming long term relations with to secure your country's future in the right economic, political and social aspirations? I guess apart from China that is...

Zakir has told me in the past he is not bengali. Captain says he's Arab. Unlikely, but anything is possible in Bangladesh.

One more question - do any BD students come to India to study? In Mumbai I've met students from Africa, Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritius - even China - but never a Bangladeshi. Or if at all they come they prefer Calcutta and Delhi?

Well many students go to India specially Bangalore...Dnt heard about going to Kolkata much. Regarding Mumbai and Delhi may be yes but now a days most of the student prefer to go to UK, Canada, USA and Australia. As in South East Asian countries cost are less or even some cases provide scholarship, so they are going there also.

Regarding Delhi one of my uncle (Dad`s younger brother) is a IIT, Delhi grad and completed PhD from there and got Rajiv Gandhi Medal. Some Bangladeshi student do study in IIT thats what I heard.

Regarding Al-Zakir it is not uncommon having an Arab ancestry. Many in Bangladesh have that. For example Khaleda Zia has that and so does Shaikh Hasina... as it is claimed that her ancestors are from Baghdad. Though it is typical still claiming to be Arab after couple of centuries living in another country.

Which top 3 countries do you guys see forming long term relations with to secure your country's future in the right economic, political and social aspirations? I guess apart from China that is...

US, Japan, Germany.... then Saudi, India, Turkey etc. apart from China. I said so as the 1st 3 country are leader in their own region and can help Bangladesh in numerous way which many other country can not do or will not do.

P.S: My Family use to live in Khulna before 1971 & than move to Karachi long before my birth, i want to visit Bangladesh with my mom....:)

Where did your family live in Khulna, I was born and grown up there? Is your family Bihari, later shifted to Pakistan or West Pakistani?

When it comes to higher education, UK, US, malaysia, AUS top the lists. As for India, well u guys yourselves can not full fill your domestic demands if I am not wrong but then again mainly those who have relatives in Kolkata goes to India for studies.

It depends on the ruling elite of the country and the geo-political scenerio. Majority of people in BD want non-alignment and neutrality which in my opinion is utterly a naive way of thinking considering the geopolitical vulnerability of BD. I would prefer a deep strategic relation with china while maintaining our traditional special relation with ME and other muslim states and a normal business like relation with India.

I grew up listening to Vital signs and Salem Javed early 80's. :)

Tablighi Jamaat ne Junaid Bhai ko Molana bana kar chour dia. What a transformation. :)
you can listen his speechless Lecture about deen.
Now he has more fans and well wishers.:-)

Well many students go to India specially Bangalore...Dnt heard about going to Kolkata much. Regarding Mumbai and Delhi may be yes but now a days most of the student prefer to go to UK, Canada, USA and Australia. As in South East Asian countries cost are less or even some cases provide scholarship, so they are going there also.

Regarding Delhi one of my uncle (Dad`s younger brother) is a IIT, Delhi grad and completed PhD from there and got Rajiv Gandhi Medal. Some Bangladeshi student do study in IIT thats what I heard.

Regarding Al-Zakir it is not uncommon having an Arab ancestry. Many in Bangladesh have that. For example Khaleda Zia has that and so does Shaikh Hasina... as it is claimed that her ancestors are from Baghdad. Though it is typical still claiming to be Arab after couple of centuries living in another country.

For one Arab/Turk ancestor you may have had ten generations ago you had 2^10 - 1 ancestors then who were native.

Sometimes it seems to me the most racist people are those who were once a victim of racism.

I was being sarcastic in that post. Why do you hate me?? A muslim brother can not hate another muslim for more than 3 days!!

Misguided and brainwashed Mullahs, in the name of protecting Islam, have been keeping the Muslim society behind other societies for the last 1000 years. It started in Spain and ended in Hindustan. Some Islamists are just like the old-time Hindus, read Sharatchandra. He always complained that the Hindus are so obsessed with protecting even the tiny elements of Hinduism that on the way Hindus themselves are being destroyed.

Extremism is not good, a religion is everybody's personal matter and God has bestowed every human being with at least a little wisdom. There was a time when strict regimentation was needed. But, not now because we live in societies that believe in pluralism. So, let other people live in their own world where he can think freely. No one will ever again accept strict regimentation of societies in the name of religion.

I certainly do not keep on hating a person. However, I may dislike a person who brings in his religious beliefs frequently in the discussons. A religion, any religion, is a man's personal belief. No believer of one faith believe in any other faith. So, when people's talk centers on religion, it becomes fuzzy without an end result.

LOL, since when I am the suject matter of the thread. Why you guys comply with Bhartis nonesense.

LOL, since when I am the suject matter of the thread. Why you guys comply with Bhartis nonesense.

By the way, do you know one historical fact that while Hazrat Shahjalal never married in Bengal, but ALL his disciples took local women as their wives. These disciples were and their descendents still remain 'Shaikh.' So, in the very beginning the descendents were no more pure blooded Arabs. On top it, Arabs are not super human being. They are just like others or other muslims of other countries where also the muslims dominated the politics of those regions for many Centuries.

So, if the Arabs were brave and they fought and built empires in many parts, so did all other muslims of other zones that include also Bengal. So, an Arab and a non-arab Muslim were equally brave and equally Muslim. Non-Arab Muslims also proved themselves at certain juncture of history.

People should identify himself not by his creed (it is the expressed wish of Allah). He is supposed to be identified with his native land he was born. Iran's Ayatullah Khomeini was a Syed and his forefathers were Arab. But, he identified himself not an Arab but an Irani. This is what every one should do. Am I wrong?

Another matter, are the descendents of domiciled Arabs in Begal, India or Pakistan are given any VIP treatment in Arabia? Certainly not. Then, why people should try to brag about that which exactly Allah has forbidden?

bhai old dhaka is full of Urdu speaking people!!

Back
Top Bottom