What's new

PTI to declare Education emergency in Pakistan on assuming power

when one claims to be revolutionary, it must act revolutionary !!

anyhow, its not that bad either, considering what goons and shoday we already got as our rulers !!

One can have overly optimistic revolutionary ideas but to implement them one should be practical. Health,development, Anti-terrorism, Defence, debt repayment also require money.

Also the budget is decreasing compared to past years its a good thing if someone wishes to increase it more than 100%. Lastly at the end of the day if our economy grows at a faster rate the actual amount will increase even if the proportion of gdp remains the same.

It may sound unrealistic but PTI has said so far that they believe in "One Country, One Education System" without answering how it will convert the existing Madrissahs and Cambridge and Private school systems to its policy?

Last time when Musharraf offered Madrissahs to teach Maths, Science and Computer and in return all their expenses would be covered by the Government,do you know how many Madrissahs registered with the scheme ??? only eleven out of forty thousand madrissahs in the country, thousands of which refused to register with Wafaq-ul-Madarris as well, a governing body like HEC for Madrissahs...

now about 6 millions of our children get "education"(or whatever) from these madrissahs, whereas about 10 million kids are out of schools alone in Punjab, total 25 million school going kids throughout Pakistan are out of schools.

Now I think what they should do is get these kids back to school as a priority with one English medium governmental schooling standard,so that you have majority of kids on your side, schools should offer some religious education as well so that the parents dont have to send their kids to madrissahs who teach sectarianism, also on the other hand tight screws of madrissahs, terminate any that aint registered, but for that you need to raise a new state police that can enforce this effectively...

But there is another problem, as you may know that education has been become a provincial subject. already ANP has done a great damage as they have converted all of their educational system in Pashtu, only English would be the optional language they would learn, If PTI forms government in KPK and Punjab and luckily get enough seats to form in Federal, it would still require to do constitutional amendment to get Educational policy making at federal (which is the right thing), without that their vision of standardization wont materialize.

So the task aint easy, declaring emergency just by words wont impress anyone, this task must be a priority, even if 30-50% of said is achieved, its job welldone !

abhi 3 baje conference start honi hai... will share the slides.

Lets see what time frame they give and how they are going to train existing staff to new environment, any standardization talk that I may do would purely be my thoughts, lets wait and see if we get answers.

The only thing which ANP did correct is the AWK University Mardan. And no they didnt change everything to pushtu.
I am from Charsadda .. And before we have to go to Peshawar university for furthure study which is not possible for every one. (Specially for Girls) Bcoz everyday buses Karaya was enough to stop people to go to university. Now they establish AWK University on district level. So student don't need to go to Peshawar or any other city for their higher education.
I my self stop studying after Graduation bcoz of expenses but now its on walking distance.

So i think the only Good thing they did is just this University on District level.

Btw my vote is for IK so :angel: Just Saying lol !!

Balochistan University got its Graduates to teach atleast 6 months to a child,

well I think every graduate in Pakistan should get a 6 month teacher training course(with different optional courses specifically designed if he/she wants to teach a primary/middle or matriculation level students), compulsory embedded in their graduation course, and teach at government school for 2 years in reward for stipend !!!

No, you misunderstood, he was saying that currently there are three system that will be abolished and converted into one educational system with one medium of instruction under PTI government....

see the 6 core points tweeted by Imran

Thanks for clarifying, but I still think the Cambridge system will not be abolished as soon as he takes the office same is the case with the madrasa system. improving the quality of Govt education system and quality of teaching has to improve and also the accessibility to education. which will automatically make the other system irrelevant.

The only thing which ANP did correct is the AWK University Mardan. And no they didnt change everything to pushtu.
I am from Charsadda .. And before we have to go to Peshawar university for furthure study which is not possible for every one. (Specially for Girls) Bcoz everyday buses Karaya was enough to stop people to go to university. Now they establish AWK University on district level. So student don't need to go to Peshawar or any other city for their higher education.
I my self stop studying after Graduation bcoz of expenses but now its on walking distance.

So i think the only Good thing they did is just this University on District level.

Btw my vote is for IK so :angel: Just Saying lol !!

see the new syllabus, its all in Pashtu, as far as I remember it was implemented.

Yes that University is a good step.. hope to see more professional colleges and universities througout the country, do you know the most literate area of Pakistan, doesnot have a university ? Yes Sialkot doesnot have a university.... imagine !!

Thanks for clarifying, but I still think the Cambridge system will not be abolished as soon as he takes the office same is the case with the madrasa system. improving the quality of Govt education system and quality of teaching has to improve and also the accessibility to education. which will automatically make the other system irrelevant.

100% agree...

Another Suggestion:

It should be compulsory for all the students of middle level to study one regional language,apart from Urdu and English... and regional language means Pakistani languages, not arabic or persian !!

there are like 10 to 12 options...

this will help in nation building...

You can live stream right now, the conference is going on !!

#PTIEducationPolicy PTI will INCREASE students in the technical fields about 280.0000 to 2.000.000 students. #GreatFuture

Education policy most important. Most dificult to implement.bt this policy wil make naya pakistan. Imran khan.

P.S.

Listen to Imran right now live stream link on thread post !

HEC will remain totally autonomous.

PTI will teach Urdu as well, the medium of Instruction will be English, but that will not undermine the importance of Urdu as our national language.

I am interested in knowing if PAKISTAN has thought of making K12 as compulsory!

With more educated people in the nation HOPEFULLY we will face lesser problems...Hence, I think it would be wise to spend more on education so that you spend less on cleaning up the mess that lack of education causes!

Furthermore, someone suggested religious education in schools so that Madrassah would not be necessary....Some schools in Malaysia, Brunei and some other countries have done this to minimize the fake madarassah problems! And sounds reasonable too!

I hope this is a step forward

WHY is it not necessary to register schools and madrassah?! this is shocking har koi apnay ghar tent laga kay agay school ka naam likh layta hai! No wonder we have probs with standards!! :blink:

Furthermore, it would be interesting to encourage collaborations and include youth exchange programs so that children can get an experience abroad and see differences and learn tolerance at an early age! And no I do not mean give the privileged kids ONLY but other....

IK is/was a chancellor in Bradford Uni maybe he has other such contacts...Plus we have some TWIN CITIES in Pakistan and was wondering if any strings could be pulled for education as well?

If the other live stream aint working try:

Watch PTI's education policy live at Saach TV | A search for truth

English has become Universal Language, We can't ignore it : Imran Khan #PTIEducationPolicy

Arming people with education will help in disarming guns from them. IK

We must not create division within children-even with clothing. Be able to speak to and understand each other. IK

GREAT POINT !

PTI will bring the #Madrassa in to main stream. Must follow a core syllabus for 5 years.

PTI will bring the #Madrassa in to main stream. Must follow a core syllabus for 5 years.

First off PTI should educate its "Youth" members, teach them to talk with manners and decent language and stop arguing without any bases

First off PTI should educate its "Youth" members, teach them to talk with manners and decent language and stop arguing without any bases

one also need to be educated enough to appreciate a nice initiative regardless of where his loyalties are and try to do better than that.

So stop hiding behind these hollow words the lack of initiative and incompetence of your leaders.

Just tell him not to ban private education... he has a lot of stuff in his book that talks about this same topic. I think he needs to emulate Oxford/Harvard education system. He is giving sound advice though. We all want the public schools to improve. The results usually there are 10 marks lower than the private schools. I was afraid of the banning bit a PTI supporter suggested with private schools a long long time ago.

Education spending to be raised to 5% of GDP, i'll drink to that.

I'll join you if its 100% Pakistani:

MurreeBrewery___stillbrewingstrong.jpg

The issue isnt raising it to 5%. the issue is how well the money allocated will be spent in my opinion. U can put 50% of GDP to Education but unless its managed properly u will get the same current result.
Less then 1% of the 2.5% i believe is actually effectively spent on Education, rest are leakages and wastages. If these r properly managed then even the 2.5% will have a huge effect.

I am interested in knowing if PAKISTAN has thought of making K12 as compulsory!

With more educated people in the nation HOPEFULLY we will face lesser problems...Hence, I think it would be wise to spend more on education so that you spend less on cleaning up the mess that lack of education causes!

Furthermore, someone suggested religious education in schools so that Madrassah would not be necessary....Some schools in Malaysia, Brunei and some other countries have done this to minimize the fake madarassah problems! And sounds reasonable too!

I hope this is a step forward

WHY is it not necessary to register schools and madrassah?! this is shocking har koi apnay ghar tent laga kay agay school ka naam likh layta hai! No wonder we have probs with standards!! :blink:

Furthermore, it would be interesting to encourage collaborations and include youth exchange programs so that children can get an experience abroad and see differences and learn tolerance at an early age! And no I do not mean give the privileged kids ONLY but other....

IK is/was a chancellor in Bradford Uni maybe he has other such contacts...Plus we have some TWIN CITIES in Pakistan and was wondering if any strings could be pulled for education as well?

+according to statistics there are 25000 ghosts schools in Pakistan which exist only and only on paper. 8000 of these are in Sindh so we now know that our province is the most corrupt and we elect the biggest losers out of all.

Back
Top Bottom