What's new

PTCL Doube Internet Speed! Great News 8MB Package Announced!

wow, 4Mbps plan rocks, approx 1100 Indian Rupees only. shitz I pay 750 for 512Kbps UL. I will download only 1080p HD rips if 2Mbps + UL becomes affordable, dreaming lol.

i was under the impression that net is cheap in india, is it???

@ Devil Soul - Nopes, I m jealous man, In India we are getting zero value for money, broadband stands for anything above 256kbps LOL, plans are rubbish. Allmost all Internet providers keep advertising only speed, they think all customers are lame users, there are restrictions, eg. FUP (fair usage policy) is implemented, it limits the usage of heavy downloading, if limit is crossed, speeds reduce to half. Interent Service Provider lobby (Mafia) putting pressure on TRAI & Indian Govt not to come up with cheaper broadband.

Only Microsoft is trying to help us - The Hindu - Raise minimum broadband speed to 2 Mbps: Microsoft

@ Devil Soul - Nopes, I m jealous man, In India we are getting zero value for money, broadband stands for anything above 256kbps LOL, plans are rubbish. Allmost all Internet providers keep advertising only speed, they think all customers are lame users, there are restrictions, eg. FUP (fair usage policy) is implemented, it limits the usage of heavy downloading, if limit is crossed, speeds reduce to half. Interent Service Provider lobby (Mafia) putting pressure on TRAI & Indian Govt not to come up with cheaper broadband.

Only Microsoft is trying to help us - The Hindu - Raise minimum broadband speed to 2 Mbps: Microsoft

Now that's interesting. 512kbps for 750 RS. That is a bit expensive.

:what:

the problem with PTCL is often there links are down and you dont wana know how much blood you have to burn to call in the maintenance guys to fix the problem.
That is the sole reason why PTCL Broadband is not prospering despite all the attractive packages. Very incompetent,corrupt and poor Customer Care Services..!!!

That is largely due to line man-Just hand them coupe hundred bucks and your problem will go away :tup:

the problem with PTCL is often there links are down and you dont wana know how much blood you have to burn to call in the maintenance guys to fix the problem.
That is the sole reason why PTCL Broadband is not prospering despite all the attractive packages. Very incompetent,corrupt and poor Customer Care Services..!!!

Ditto. My connection was downgraded to 1mb for no reason at all. And after one month and several liters of burned blood they changed it to 2mb. Sucks! :angry:

Now that's interesting. 512kbps for 750 RS. That is a bit expensive.

:what:

He might be using some private or expensive one. Here BSNL offers WiMax service.....

Company: BSNL
Service: WiMax
INRs 999/-
Speed: 2 Mbps+
Usage: Unlimited

But Pakistan's 4Mbps package looks great. :smitten:
Is it unlimited?

if 4MB is only 1999rs then 8mb should have been for maximum of 3500rs

thanks for the updates though
Exactly, the package pricing makes no sense.

Still too expensive compared to the US. Compared to Dubai, they are much better off though.

Dude you're in US.Comparing Pakistan and US Internet Speed is retarded.It is much better to compare speeds of India Pakistan and Bangladesh or Afghanistan as it's more of a regional thing and yes, there are no caps on PTCL internet.You can download 24/7 without any limit..If i was in US i would much rather get FIOS instead of Comcast Cable.I can present my server's speedtest which shows 100 MB Download..and 250 MB upload.

Dude you're in US.Comparing Pakistan and US Internet Speed is retarded.It is much better to compare speeds of India Pakistan and Bangladesh or Afghanistan as it's more of a regional thing and yes, there are no caps on PTCL internet.You can download 24/7 without any limit..If i was in US i would much rather get FIOS instead of Comcast Cable.I can present my server's speedtest which shows 100 MB Download..and 250 MB upload.

i was just bragging. :)

Although Canada/US might seem cheap but they are not, i am paying $48.00 too expensive the price speed in europe costs say in CAD$25-28.00, I am planning to downgrade from high speed to lite speed so i can restrict profit on my part to them, they can suck.........

Is it true PTCL is monitoring on behalf of us government? someone told me.

That is largely due to line man-Just hand them coupe hundred bucks and your problem will go away :tup:

why should i , i need internet connection uninterrupted and wateen wimax provides an awesome service .. though expensive but reliable ..!!!

self delete

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom