What's new

Provide suggestions: Senior Indian members only!

It is not that new laws to be implemented, but effective moderating with zero tolerance against trolling. I believe most of the mods are rational here.

And more defense related matters please.

Allow everything....as long as its not offtopic, I dont think it should be issue. May be you should create sticky threads for people who want to talk about these things.

Is there anyway you can automatically move the posts with those keywords to the sticky threads? That will save lot of mod time.

@WebMaster Sir, thanks for asking the opinion of Indian members here, thats really nice of you considering that this is a Pakistani forum.

IMHO, we need to first understand that this is a DEFENCE forum on the first place, now there is no place for matters such as what SRK has to say about India or Amitabh has to say, this has NOTHING to do with Defence, the Principle IDEA on this forum was born & the very motive on which members like me joined the forum on the first place, so it will be IDEAL if we have majority of place on this forum for everything related to Defence, no matter than if it is related to Defence of Bhutan or Maldives.

Having said that, if you ask my personal opinion than i don't have any problem with the discussion of any of the topics you listed as BANNED. These topic can be discussed if the members here back it up with sufficient proof, we don't have to be ashamed of anything wrong in our countries, instead we should discuss the issue & suggest measures that can be taken to cure them. But the problem is that members here hardly come up with facts & figures & instead give just GEM of one liners which are purely intended to troll.

My only suggestion to you is that the matters related to DEFENCE should be given priority.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a start there are subjects listed in Post No1 which have nothing to do with India / South Asia at all. For instance UAE Vs Iran, 50 perCent Chinese Army & so on hence need to be put aside .

Next is the ban restricted to a "Topic" or even to a reference to these banned words / subjects in posts on other topics as well ?

Lastly, I do not feel there should not be a ban on thought or expression. Is there anything to hide ? If things are wrong in India - let them be discussed. Indians surely are capable of accepting things which are obviously wrong and offering mature & cogent answers. Its the ' below the belt " type posts that incite anger & retaliation by looking for similar examples form the ' other side". This does not help.

Its only the derogatory manner of discussion / references to subjects listed in Post 1 above that need to be curtailed. This is best done by effective moderation which by & large does happen.

Maturity cannot be enforced - it has to happen & comes with time spent on the forum and those do not behave need harsh moderation .

However, if the census is to have a list of subjects that are forbidden - the existing list is good to go.

I agree with you.

The India bashers bring poverty, illiteracy in India into many threads on Indian achievements or Indian defense.

Then there are some people who use the phrases like "all Indian missiles are failed" in India realted threads which leads to conter-trolling and thread being derailed.

These trolls should be controlled.

On Topic> Threads related to economy should be allowed.

Please take care of trolls like Icewolf who bring all these banned topics in thread discussion and spoil it.

apart from that there is one chopper appearing on many threads, posting, many times unnecessary, immature posts.it needs to be controlled along with an ancient warrior whose name starting with first letters of Horoscope.

These two members contribute very less but cause massive flames and trolling.

I reuest mods to control them.

On Topic> there should be a sub forum dedicated to the scientific and technological achievements of nations.

Lets look at the problem with discussion on Banned topic.

Rape thread. A poster from New Zealand posted about Criminal Psychology and types of rapists. He gave Journal Articles from very good journal. Explained a lot in detail. But was lost in trolling. No moderator was there. Total freedom to trolls.

Also, multiple threads running and even when I asked Moderators and Admins to merge them, they said they are thinking. Rape threads stopped when I told them that Posters are leaving this forum because of too much trolling and personal attacks on Indians.

Religious discussions and Indian social issues are trolled a lot. Reason, Every single incident in India is given too much hype.

Look at post number on More important threads like Pakistan economy and loan payment and Shahrukh Khan thread.

Social issues are directly affect Security of the Nation. But Isolated cases shouldn't be posted.

For Social Issues, start with some Articles from a well known/ credible International Journal. Backing with statistics and other aspects like economic condition, demography, psychology etc.

Poverty, Unemployment, Oppression by State, Caste,Religion, Social crimes etc. all affect security as they create Susceptible population to extremism and protestors. Many turns violent and both India and Pakistan is suffering from Internal threats more than external ones.

Moderators have to be more active or take quick decision on merging the threads.

Many Think Tanks like Pfpilot, Xeric, Muse,notorious_eagle etc. don't post that much because their posts got hidden in troll posts. We are missing out many great posts from good members because of trolling.

I posted on how Polio drive being affect by dogma in people and Taliban will affect Pakistan's economy. I also posted on Epidemics and its effect on Economy. I spent 15-20 minutes but that thread got lost in Shahrukh Thread.

They don't read when I post from research. I find it unnecessary to do brain storming and posting when the thread is lost in oblivion. But all reads when I post against accusations and call it trolling.

Elite members, Jnr. TT and Moderators are now trolling. I am among them.

Quality checking is must.

Moderators have to be more active or take quick decision on merging the threads.

Many Think Tanks like Pfpilot, Xeric, Muse,notorious_eagle etc. don't post that much because their posts got hidden in troll posts. We are missing out many great posts from good members because of trolling.

Thats right, a rule / law is only as good as its enforcement.

Most India posters are underestimating the importance of having an Indian mod for india topics (not just india forum as a lot of these social issues now icewolf and his brothers are posting on other sub-forums).

As with the sub-continent, the issue indeed is of not drawing up lists but of enforcing the rules. The kind of off topic trolling posters like faithfulguy do on india defence section needs attention of an indian mod, as literally hundreds of posts telling us how british made india exist on india defence section and were never deleted.

Well.. i guess. humanity is applicable.. to humans irrespective of their geographical locations. Post anything and everything which dosent promote hatred...!! post the news as news.. and not as facts and post facts as facts..!!! don't worry about whether it will hurt any religion region or a person..!!! you cannot satisfy each and every person on this earth..!!!

Lets look at the problem with discussion on Banned topic.

Rape thread. A poster from New Zealand posted about Criminal Psychology and types of rapists. He gave Journal Articles from very good journal. Explained a lot in detail. But was lost in trolling. No moderator was there. Total freedom to trolls.

Also, multiple threads running and even when I asked Moderators and Admins to merge them, they said they are thinking. Rape threads stopped when I told them that Posters are leaving this forum because of too much trolling and personal attacks on Indians.

Religious discussions and Indian social issues are trolled a lot. Reason, Every single incident in India is given too much hype.

Look at post number on More important threads like Pakistan economy and loan payment and Shahrukh Khan thread.

Social issues are directly affect Security of the Nation. But Isolated cases shouldn't be posted.

For Social Issues, start with some Articles from a well known/ credible International Journal. Backing with statistics and other aspects like economic condition, demography, psychology etc.

Poverty, Unemployment, Oppression by State, Caste,Religion, Social crimes etc. all affect security as they create Susceptible population to extremism and protestors. Many turns violent and both India and Pakistan is suffering from Internal threats more than external ones.

I posted on how Polio drive being affect by dogma in people and Taliban will affect Pakistan's economy. I also posted on Epidemics and its effect on Economy. I spent 15-20 minutes but that thread got lost in Shahrukh Thread.

They don't read when I post from research. I find it unnecessary to do brain storming and posting when the thread is lost in oblivion. But all reads when I post against accusations and call it trolling.

Elite members, Jnr. TT and Moderators are now trolling. I am among them.

Quality checking is must.

I didn't quite get the point, perhaps because there were too many points.

About Elite Members, Jnr Think Tank members and Moderators trolling, all I can say is, shame on them. Trolling is something done of one's own free will; nobody is driven to troll.

I really think the Indian section needs their own mod. I still do not get why an Indian can not be able to clean up their own section, if that is too taboo then assign a Pakistani mod of their choosing to clean up the habitual trollers from both sides. It is quite frustrating sifting through pages of nonsense just to access information.

@WebMaster

this is a defence forum.so stop every other topic that is not related to defence,if you take notice,atleast 30-40% of threads getting posted in here everyday is "JUNK"..allow only politics and foreign relation apart from defence related news here..ban every other so called "Social problem",as this is not a "Social Problem Forum".along with it,ban anything related to "religion and economics news"--as these threads are getting uglier each day and nothing but creates a troll war.

@WebMaster
IMHO there is no need to ban any topic, we as a country do suffer from certain social evils and there is no harm in discussing them , but threads are specifically posted here to inflame and some which just encourage trolling , its those which should be nipped in the bud.
The Mods should be unbiased. and there are 2 in particular who have in fact brought down the quality of this forum . they have opened troll threads , threads with no source link and even changed titles, but should any of us mere mortals do it we are given infractions. Do look into that .
PDF has survived for so long because it had a certain "je ne sais quoi" quality due to its integrity and unbiased moderation , which has now been eroded.
I look forward to the day we have in Indian Mod , :)

@WebMaster
IMHO there is no need to ban any topic, we as a country do suffer from certain social evils and there is no harm in discussing them , but threads are specifically posted here to inflame and some which just encourage trolling , its those which should be nipped in the bud.
The Mods should be unbiased. and there are 2 in particular who have in fact brought down the quality of this forum . they have opened troll threads , threads with no source link and even changed titles, but should any of us mere mortals do it we are given infractions. Do look into that .
PDF has survived for so long because it had a certain "je ne sais quoi" quality due to its integrity and unbiased moderation , which has now been eroded.
I look forward to the day we have in Indian Mod , :)

Provide such suggestions via GHQ with names. No need for this in public.

Back
Top Bottom