What's new

Posting pictures on Facebook, Twitter un-Islamic: Clerics

NEW DELHI: India's two prominent Islamic helplines are discouraging young callers, especially women, from creating profiles and posting pictures on popular social networking websites Facebook and Twitter on the ground that it is un-Islamic.

The heads of the two popular Lucknow-based helplines, run for Shia and Sunni Muslims, have been flooded with phone calls asking if virtual profiles are Islamic.

"You can't see someone's face on Facebook and decide that you want to be friends. Look for 'pyar aur mohabbat' (love) in real life. Virtual relationships are not 'faydaymand' (profitable)," Sunni Mufti Abul Irfan Naimul Halim Firagni Mahli told PTI on phone from Lucknow.

The Mufti wants youngsters to bond in the real and not the virtual world. Of the over 1,000 calls that the Mufti fields in a month on his popular helpline, more than 50% questions are about internet usage.

"If one is on Facebook for business purposes or for constructive purposes, then the account is justifiable," he said.

However, the Mufti is not pleased about women being on Facebook to make friends and is definitely against them uploading pictures on the social networking site.

"Women should not post pictures on Facebook or anywhere else on the Internet. This is un-Islamic," he said.

A Maulana from the minority Shia sect too endorsed the Mufti's views.

"Women are not allowed to show their faces to anyone apart from their 'mehram' (male kin like father and brothers). So posting pictures on Facebook is 'haraam' (banned)," Maulana Saif Abbas Naqvi told PTI.

Posting pictures on Facebook, Twitter un-Islamic: Clerics - The Times of India

291773_358221374274631_1762371_n.jpg

Thank god they didn't proclaimed posting on PDF is also unislamic we hardly have handful of Indian Muslim members here don't want to loose them too :P

The Holy Quran supports the cleric's views:

Surat Al-'Ahzab [33:59] - The Noble Qur'an - ?????? ??????

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

Woman cannot show Skin to Non-Mahrem Men except eyes.

All Indian Muslims should follow the verdict or be given 100 lashes each.

The Holy Quran supports the cleric's views:

Surat Al-'Ahzab [33:59] - The Noble Qur'an - ?????? ??????

Woman cannot show Skin to Non-Mahrem Men except eyes.
I believe mufti thing said

"Women are not allowed to show theirfaces to anyone apart from their 'mehram' (male kin like father and brothers). So posting pictures on Facebook is 'haraam' (banned)," Maulana Saif Abbas Naqvi told PTI.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...twitter-un-islamic-clerics.html#ixzz2bfVXG9mE

And you just allowed visibilty of eyes?! :astagh:
haraaaammmm!!

All Indian Muslims should follow the verdict or be given 100 lashes each.

I see you are related to the mufti because the Quran said this:

“The woman or man found guilty of sexual intercourse – lash each one of them with a hundred lashes, and do not be taken by pity for them in the religion of Allah, if you should believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a group of the believers witness their punishment”. Quran 24:2

Yes indeed!

They probably cant say much to those in their country so come here to vent out and show what they think...I wouldnt paint everyone with the same brush....some are nice but seriously after you read one too many of these Mullah stories...You really need to wonder what is going on in India under the "ISLAMIC" name?! :blink:

You see, our muslim brothers are purer than the pakistanis and respect their traditions.

You see, our muslim brothers are purer than the pakistanis and respect their traditions.

2 points highlighted and both are contradicting each other :rofl:

1) purer...Dude Islam is not like Hinduism where you have the purer version (Brahmins) and unpure (whatever that is)

2) Traditions...when you mix Hindu traditions of touching the feet and bowing to EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING....you loose "Islam" which FORBIDS such actions...

So nope if you mix culture + traditions with religion you DO NOT get a "purer" Islam :rofl:

The heads of the two popular Lucknow-based helplines, run for Shia and Sunni Muslims,

$5 dollars for first minute and $2 dollars for each additional minutes.:smitten:

2 points highlighted and both are contradicting each other :rofl:

1) purer...Dude Islam is not like Hinduism where you have the purer version (Brahmins) and unpure (whatever that is)

2) Traditions...when you mix Hindu traditions of touching the feet and bowing to EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING....you loose "Islam" which FORBIDS such actions...

So nope if you mix culture + traditions with religion you DO NOT get a "purer" Islam :rofl:

when I said purer it means they follow quran and muhammad saw better than pakistanis, thus they are purer, and following traditions means they try to imitate the life style and dictates of muhammad saw more vigorously and strictly than pakistani pseudo believers like telon. but guess, why I am clarifying it ? cuz you already know it and trying to evade the fact with badly misfit ROFLs. Hail Indian muslims !!! maulana tum sangharsh karo, ham tumhare saath hai. :devil:

when I said purer it means they follow quran and muhammad saw better than pakistanis, thus they are purer, and following traditions means they try to imitate the life style and dictates of muhammad saw more vigorously and strictly than pakistani pseudo believers like telon. but guess, why I am clarifying it ? cuz you already know it and trying to evade the fact with badly misfit ROFLs. Hail Indian muslims !!! maulana tum sangharsh karo, ham tumhare saath hai. :devil:

Yea hail such men!! when they start putting weird restrictions on you next dont cry on this forum....

As for purer in whatever you think is purer...GOD BLESS YOU!!

Because it is clear you have not read the Quran with translation as you support weird mulana who give such fatwahs...

:rofl:

And as for the personal attack thank you for giving me a reason to report you!!

Actually, they haven't said anything wrong. But in my view where the worst issue is in privacy. You are absolutely vulnerable on FB and twitter. That being said, Mufti Sahab should know the FB offers privacy settings that now cater for such ideas

"You can't see someone's face on Facebook and decide that you want to be friends. Look for 'pyar aur mohabbat' (love) in real life. Virtual relationships are not 'faydaymand' (profitable)," Sunni Mufti Abul Irfan Naimul Halim Firagni Mahli told PTI on phone from Lucknow.
-------------

mufti saab ..first make face veil haram, then we will talk of pyar mohabbat in real life...

Back
Top Bottom