What's new

Police crackdown on Mumbai bars

Its a story of police highhandedness that should not be allowed to go unchecked.

How is it high handedness? did they beat those people up? did they lati charge them? have they tortured them inside the cell? Na.. they just happened to disturb the fun for urban high flyers! that's all..

How is it high handedness? did they beat those people up? did they lati charge them? have they tortured them inside the cell? Na.. they just happened to disturb the fun for urban high flyers! that's all..

Naah..they do that to the lower lives outside who just wants to get a ticket at the cinema hall or just wants to spend some good time with their girl friends in a park .

Also its pyschological (i read it from a newspaper comment). Most of the policemen are from middle class/lower families who gets immense pleasure in the fact atleast once in their life time they have the control over the rich and wealthy and they are at their mercy.

Naah..they do that to the lower lives outside who just wants to get a ticket at the cinema hall or just wants to spend some good time with their girl friends in a park .

Exactly... & still here we are complaining about the highhandedness with the posh boys..

Also its pyschological (i read it from a newspaper comment). Most of the policemen are from middle class/lower families who gets immense pleasure in the fact atleast once in their life time they have the control over the rich and wealthy and they are at their mercy.

That's ture. That's why the need for reform in police force. An ordinary police man is just looked down as if he is some sort of watchman kinda guy. Just give him a lathi & make him stand near a traffic light..don't think they are paid too well either. Make them feel good about their job.. pay them well & create some esteem within. This can only be done by the institution & establishment.

Exactly... & still here we are complaining about the highhandedness with the posh boys..

Just saying that lower class is reserved physical highhandness, while the wealthy get non-physical highhandness..both ways the police wallahs in India revel in their authority. Just for an example during that infamous rave party raid, they made a media spectacle out of it. Now only 44 of some 100 people arrested are tested positive , so what about the rest who were made a spectacle on the national television. Did all the people arrested went to into the party knew that drugs were being served or that the party may be conducted illegally ?..No answers. What about the rights of people who wants to have a good time inside their own house?.

I have only thing to say to the Indian ghairiat brigade that supports this type of actions that tomorrow it may be you who will be at the receiving end of these police wallahs.

Whats next...declare India as Taliban Republic.

Damn these policewallahs..may be they didn't got their hafta.

Y?
These are banned and they are the starting places of drugs , alcohol problems for youths and result in future destruction of their life... Not many are getting their life destroyed, but yet a significant number does...
And we have a culture which prevents such activities ... I believe culture must be saved through such measures... If they want, they can do partying in daytimes or have full day in sunday...

Just saying that lower class is reserved physical highhandness, while the wealthy get non-physical highhandness..both ways the police wallahs in India revel in their authority. Just for an example during that infamous rave party raid, they made a media spectacle out of it. Now only 44 of some 100 people arrested are tested positive , so what about the rest who were made a spectacle on the national television. Did all the people arrested went to into the party knew that drugs were being served or that the party may be conducted illegally ?..No answers. What about the rights of people who wants to have a good time inside their own house?.

Individual has a choice.. either he can avoid being damaged or become a part of the collateral damage. If someone walks into a rave party without having a slightest idea as what most of these parties are all about.. then he deserves everything he gets. This will only make him a better person.

I have only thing to say to the Indian ghairiat brigade that supports this type of actions that tomorrow it may be you who will be at the receiving end of these police wallahs.

If this ghairat brigade is acting unlawfully at the slightest.. then they deserve all the criticism that hurled at them. If I break the law, I deserve to be punished... but I'm careful enough either not to break the law or to keep myself away from the crowd which I think may break the law.

Y?
These are banned and they are the starting places of drugs , alcohol problems for youths and result in future destruction of their life... Not many are getting their life destroyed, but yet a significant number does...

Pls read the article again. The police wallahs are raiding the nightclubs bcs they want to uphold the archaic law framed in the 1960s and 70s. This has nothing to do with drugs and if they are concerned about alcohol, why don't go and raid bars or just close down wine shops.

And we have a culture which prevents such activities ... I believe culture must be saved through such measures... If they want, they can do partying in daytimes or have full day in sunday...

They are called nightclubs for a reason..isn't it.

Back
Top Bottom