What's new

PN mini-submarine fleet

I have been operating in the maritime sector in Turkey and I have a close relationship with many shipyards. STM is not a shipyard as you claim, and all my writings are about that.

I know closely the many falses and shortcomings in Turkey's maritime industry sectors and if anyone wants i can explain them one by one. But at this point we must adopt a fair and honest approach.

I'm sorry to see that you could not even show the virtue to correct your words that you have spent without knowledge. Therefore, first you should apply your advice in your own life.

Thank you for confirming your relationships with these commercial entities. I rest my case.

I have tried to be back down and be nice to you, but seems like you have some agenda?

For the rest of your continued monotonous tirade, i extended an apology to you. if you are unable to read, or understand, then continue on with your tirade.

When there is a Turkish Mini-Sub available that is suitable for Pakistan market, do please visit this thread again.

Once on my travels to South America, the local Spanish speaking officers used the word "propaganda" for marketing. While we consider it as a negative word, thats the literal translation they use for all things marketing. I have been accused to spread dis-information, but for last three years, I have tried to inform the users to the best of my ability. Information, or disinformation, is quite relative and is your perspective really.

I was a fighter pilot once, and now, just an old man who sometimes does not have control over his words. Yes, I sometimes offend, but I have no agenda against Turkey, or any other country. I will continue to call spade a spade, and some of you will not find my opinions kind, well worded, or diplomatic.

All the personal attacks, personal life insinuations, and personal insults are not really needed. You can simply disagree with my opinion, or choice of words. While in my 80s, i cannot really change the way i think or write.

I encourage you to always speak your mind, now and in the future, even if it offends and irks the likes of old fools like myself. My only submission to intellectuals like yourself, if free and not tied to anyone, is to be critical thinkers and question everything that you come across, even if it was from your own country.

Hi,

Young people don't understand that it is also a technique of getting the truth out---.

You say something outrageous---and a young buck---to prove his presence would spit out the truth---.

I myself have sparsely used it and the posters have spilled their's and their uncles and their dad's guts out and laid all the secrets on the table---.

Thank you for confirming your relationships with these commercial entities. I rest my case.

I have tried to be back down and be nice to you, but seems like you have some agenda?

For the rest of your continued monotonous tirade, i extended an apology to you. if you are unable to read, or understand, then continue on with your tirade.

When there is a Turkish Mini-Sub available that is suitable for Pakistan market, do please visit this thread again.
You're doing this on purpose, now I'm sure.

You are well trained in manipulation. I didn't said I am in the shipbuilding sector, I'm in the maritime sector.

70% of the civilian shipbuilding industry is in Tuzla region. Port operations, logistics and shipbuilding are intertwined. The distance between the two furthest shipyards are 5000 meters. Many of these businesses moved here from Haliç*. Most businesses have more than 30 years of history and are predominantly operated by people of a particular region.

The subjects you are not familiar with. If you'd asked, I would answered. However, I think there is a behavior problem. They didn't teach you psychological warfare at war academy to cover your lies.

Let me write more clearly this time:

There is a project developed by STM and Bahcesehir University. And i think Pakistan has an interest in this project. The source belongs to one of the most respected defense publications in the country. https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/stm-pakistan-navy-png.372205/ This issue has been discussed in Turkish defense forums since the beginning of 2017 and has been confirmed by many professionals. What's wrong with sharing this information with you?

Within the scope of this project, STM and BAU have already developed prototypes of optical communications systems that will enable communication between underwater units / platforms, ,air vehicles, surface vehicles and stationary ground platforms.

With the protocol signed in EURONAVAL 2018, the integration of German HENSOLDT's Optical Surveillance System into 'Submarine-to-Divers Optical Communication System' developed by STM and BAU, was agreed. Also an agreement was signed with DNV GL for a platforms safety certificate and clasification. http://defenceandtechnology.com/2018/10/24/stm-alman-hensdolt-firmasi-ile-isbirligi-yapacak/ http://www.c4defence.com/Gundem/stm-dnv-gl-ile-el-sikisti/7283/1

About the latest state of work, General Manager of Defense Technologies Engineering and Trade Inc. (STM), said in the briefing given to the press last week:

" Instead of starting from a large class submarine, we working on systems called pocket class. We think that these can be developed nationally and we continue our work on this issue. In addition, our family of autonomous vehicles with unmanned submarines and surface platforms will expand.

We plan to move with an ecosystem in the pocket class submarine. A calendar has not yet appeared. We have created a very serious ability. STM will not do this alone. National and international companies working in this field are moving together. We started our design works with our own resources.

We have an engineering accumulation and works including unmanned systems, indigenous and national submarine design, pocket class submarine designs, and our work in this field will be deepened. "

http://www.c4defence.com/Gundem/ikinci-stm-milgemde-hep-olacak/7506/1

Also the CosMoS CE4F SDV, which had not previously passed the qualification tests of the Turkish Navy and was not taken into the inventory, was given for redesign and research. Turkey's works on SDVs are not open to the press .There is another project in this area which is based on YTU. http://www.hisutton.com/CosMoS CE4F SDV.html

Apart from this, the TS1700 project from MILDEN, as Turkey's possibly new generation AIP submarines concept is introduced in all maritime exhibitions. If you are a professional, you can find more information about the process at these fairs. http://www.millisavunma.com/x-ts1700-denizaltisi-milden-konsepti/

There is nothing between my writings without evidence. Which system of the Pakistan Navy will choose is another issue and its outside of my area. All I know is that the Turkish navy will benefit greatly from these works.

But you called an engineering company as a shipyard.And you said these are no design capability. Unfortunately, if there is someone here who has no knowledge about what talking about, it is you.

When I speak with the relevant authorities in Idef19, I will inform my Pakistani brothers under this title or in a separate title.

Hi,

Young people don't understand that it is also a technique of getting the truth out---.

You say something outrageous---and a young buck---to prove his presence would spit out the truth---.

I myself have sparsely used it and the posters have spilled their's and their uncles and their dad's guts out and laid all the secrets on the table---.
Snap out of it! Is that all you can do? To create foolish ideas about the people, Instead of writing something about the subject. This is not an adult and educated person behavior. I understand that it is not possible to conduct a proper discussion here.

Last edited:
You're doing this on purpose, now I'm sure.

You are well trained in manipulation. I didn't say I was in the shipbuilding sector, I'm in the maritime sector.

70% of the civilian shipbuilding industry is in Tuzla region. Port operations, logistics and shipbuilding are intertwined. The distance between the two furthest shipyards are 5000 meters. Many of these businesses moved here from Taşkızak. Most businesses have more than 30 years of history and are predominantly operated by people of a particular region.

The subjects you are not familiar with. If you'd asked, I would answered. However, I think there is a behavior problem. They didn't teach you psychological warfare at war academy to cover your lies.

Let me write more clearly this time:

There is a project developed by STM and Bahcesehir University. And i think Pakistan has an interest in this project. The source belongs to one of the most respected defense publications in the country. https://defence.pk/pdf/attachments/stm-pakistan-navy-png.372205/ This issue has been discussed in Turkish defense forums since the beginning of 2017 and has been confirmed by many professionals. What's wrong with sharing this information with you?

Within the scope of this project, STM and BAU have already developed prototypes of optical communications systems that will enable communication between underwater units / platforms, ,air vehicles, surface vehicles and stationary ground platforms.

With the protocol signed in EURONAVAL 2018, the integration of German HENSOLDT's Optical Surveillance System into 'Submarine-to-Divers Optical Communication System' developed by STM and BAU, was agreed. Also an agreement was signed with DNV GL for a platforms safety certificate and clasification.

About the latest state of work, General Manager of Defense Technologies Engineering and Trade Inc. (STM), said in the briefing given to the press last week:

" Instead of starting from a large class submarine, we working on systems called pocket class. We think that these can be developed nationally and we continue our work on this issue. In addition, our family of autonomous vehicles with unmanned submarines and surface platforms will expand.

We plan to move with an ecosystem in the pocket class submarine. A calendar has not yet appeared. We have created a very serious ability. STM will not do this alone. National and international companies working in this field are moving together. We started our design works with our own resources.

We have an engineering accumulation and works including unmanned systems, indigenous and national submarine design, small class pocket class submarine designs, and our work in this field will be deepened. "

Also the CosMoS CE4F SDV, which had not previously passed the qualification tests of the Turkish Navy and was not taken into the inventory, was given for redesign and research. Turkey's works on SDVs are not open to the press . If some trusted members contact me privately, I can give some information. There is another project in this area which is based on YTU.

Within the scope of this project, STM and BAU have already developed prototypes of optical communications systems that will enable communication between underwater units / platforms, underwater-air vehicles, over-water vehicles and stationary ground platforms.

With the protocol signed in EURONAVAL 2018, the integration of German HENSOLDT's Optical Surveillance System into 'Submarine-to-Divers Optical Communication System' developed by STM and BAU, was agreed. An agreement was signed with DNV GL for a safety certificate.

Apart from this, the TS1700 project from MILDEN, as Turkey's possibly new generation AIP submarines concept is introduced in all maritime exhibitions. If you are a professional, you can find more information about the process at these fairs.

There is nothing between my writings without evidence. Which system of the Pakistan Navy will choose is another issue and its outside of my area. All I know is that the Turkish navy will benefit greatly from these works.

But you called an engineering company as a shipyard.And you said these are no design capability. Unfortunately, if there is someone here who has no knowledge about what talking about, it is you.

When I speak with the relevant authorities in Idef19, I will inform my Pakistani brothers under this title or in a separate title.

Thank you for your contribution.

Last edited:
Rector of BAU, Prof.Dr. Şenay Yalçın's comments about the underwater electro optic communication system for special operation units, I mentioned above. He saying the works began five years ago and that some meetings were held with Pakistan and Australia.

https://www.aksam.com.tr/ekonomi/tu...iversite-tarafindan-gelistirildi/haber-788787

Friendly comment...

After reading last pages; without hesitation, You and some others have been fished for some quality information, milked for some ''respect'' and credibility over you to them; and worse been insulted in the end based on lies despite your honest factual answers.

I hope no time spared in such enviroment and for such ''people'' next time.

Rector of BAU, Prof.Dr. Şenay Yalçın's comments about the underwater electro optic communication system for special operation units, I mentioned above. He saying the works began five years ago and that some meetings were held with Pakistan and Australia.

https://www.aksam.com.tr/ekonomi/tu...iversite-tarafindan-gelistirildi/haber-788787

How does this relate to a SWAT?

Friendly comment...

After reading last pages; without hesitation, You and some others have been fished for some quality information, milked for some ''respect'' and credibility over you to them; and worse been insulted in the end based on lies despite your honest factual answers.

I hope no time spared in such enviroment and for such ''people'' next time.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Any update on this program?

Progress has been made, negotiations on custom boat for PN with technical information exchanged, boats dual capability as coastal sub and Spec Fcs carrier is very attractive for the navy.

The PN has other options, which I can't revel which includes a indigenous / partnership, which is early days.

If money was no problem, the Italians would be favourite IMO, they are one of the best in the world in this field.

The navy is going full steam ahead with a number of programs, which if successfully completed would make it unrecognisable in a decade.

Progress has been made, negotiations on custom boat for PN with technical information exchanged, boats dual capability as coastal sub and Spec Fcs carrier is very attractive for the navy.

The PN has other options, which I can't revel which includes a indigenous / partnership, which is early days.

If money was no problem, the Italians would be favourite IMO, they are one of the best in the world in this field.

The navy is going full steam ahead with a number of programs, which if successfully completed would make it unrecognisable in a decade.
The PN also has a requirement for a submarine rescue and salvage vessel.

Any idea if Drass is competing for that bid as well?

I have no idea, but will endeavour to find out, do know that the Turks were pushing their own indigenous solution, also rumours about a Chinese offer.

Turks don't have a DSRV, only a ROV fitted to a ship, which means cant get the crew out.

Is there still an indigenous program? If there is, it should be with a company that already makes them, and hopefully not a designer with submarine already industrialized. That would be real disappointment and waste of funds where navy wont be able to get any tangible product for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom