What's new

PML-N mulling use of pre-paid electricity metres

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pmln-stamp-pic-480x238.jpg

LAHORE - The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) plans to introduce pre-paid electricity metres as a first measure to curb the ongoing load shedding crisis in the country.

According to details, the introduction of the new electricity metres, which would require pre-paid cards, is part of the PML-N’s first 100 days’ plan after the party assumes power on June 5.

The electricity provided through these pre-paid cards, already in vogue in the West, would be without any subsidy. This move is also expected to partly address the issue of power theft.

The other features of the PML-N’s 100-day plan, which prime minister-designate Nawaz Sharif, is likely to announce at his inaugural speech, also features ‘goodies for the youth’ by way of giving them easy loans.

Commenting on the PML-N’s “plan”, analysts say that the PML-N itself played a role in the high expectations people have from the party by making tall claims before and during election campaigning. Now the PML-N would have to show how it manages its government differently from the previous ones, they said.

Experts say that the PML-N government would have to spend over Rs 5 billion daily to ensure at least 12,000 MW electricity. For increasing this limit, the Finance Department will have to shell out even more in billions.

It looks to be a gigantic task to line resources to the tune of Rs 150 billion monthly to keep load shedding at a reasonable level.

Political circles allege that the recent phase of energy crisis is due to a “go-slow policy” of the Ministry of Finance allegedly on the instructions of Ishaq Dar, who is expected to be a leading figure in the new government and who has a lot of influence over the caretaker setup as well.

It is believed that the ministry saved over Rs 40 billion through this go-slow policy.

“This amount will be utilised to give a breather to masses during the initial phase of the PML-N government and showing the people what difference the government is capable of making so early in the day,” they claimed.

Again, it is believed that Sharifs have high expectations from the Saudi government in easing the energy crisis. Again, no matter how big the bailout package from Saudi Arabia is, it will solve the problem only on short-term basis.

The expectations and challenges in the first 100 days with Nawaz | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

More thaekah(contracts) for F&F... Friends & Family... Despite Khazana Khalee Haay but have plenty to spend on wasteful impractical expenditures like prepaid meters & to buy new cars worth millions... Instead of using same money to install electricity producing schemes; solar, wind, coal, hydral, nuclear, whatever....

Made money on importing laptops, yellow cabs, jangla-bus etc etc, now make money on importing new meters...

Sort-of-Legal way of looting the country...

*We already had roads, needed electricity... but Nooras built roads on already existing roads.
*We already had extensive transport service in Lahore, but Nooras wasted billions to replace existing transport with another transport.
*We already have good functioning meters, but Nooras want to waste country's money while making money for themselves via contracts & kick-backs.
*Most students already had computers, but Nooras gave then one more computer spending Rs.120,000/- of country's money on each of Rs.35,000 computer.

"Prioritize" is the word that Nooras lack, not out of ignorance, rather deliberately, they waste money on show-off projects just to loot the country by giving contracts of these un-called-for projects to F&F & to earn "Wah-Wah-Jee-Wah-Wah,,, Pehlay Saay Maujood Road Parr Nai Road Bann Gai, Vaganon Saay Bharay Lahore Mai Aik Aur Bus Service Aaa Gaye,,, Pehlay Bhee Desktop Thaa Abb Aik Aur Computer Mill gaya,,, Abb Toe Hmm Tarakee Yaaftaa Mulkk Zaroor Bann Jain Gaay"

Your post is a bunch of lies or misinformation. I can't even vote in your country or go there often. But I do work with infrastructure companies. And I know the largest two, one for the Motorway and second for the Metro Bus service. BOTH are owned by businessmen who by trade a civil engineers and went to UAT.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/econom...re-paid-electricity-metres.html#ixzz2UecC96Y1

Go ask ONE of 150,000 passengers who take the Metro Bus to work. What used to take three buses and two-three hours each route. Now takes 1 hour for these poor people to get to work as the bus runs on dedicated lines.
Shame on you for lying on a public forum. Go ride the bus, interview people who take the bus (poor Pakistanis) and post their interviews here. I'd love to see what they have to say. Learn how to play as a team player vs. individual contributors and party based stupidity. You guys have a country, appreciate it. Ask people who don't!

u can't go there often , & I AM from Lahore, so go tell ur shitty analysis to someone else...

So, shame is on YOU for being intellectually-dead & oblivious Mr.Know-The-Largest-Two ...

What lies??? Everything is true. Those 150,000 passengers were riding very fine even before, in fact dedicated lanes in city of already jam-packed traffic has created trouble for rest of the public. Since u don't come here often so stop posting YOUR LIES on public forum. Those 150,000 ppl could have used some electricity made from that 30 billion spent on power production rather than transportation that they already had.

& What 2-3 hr route Mr.I-know-largest-two???. I could go from Johar Town to Station in 1 hour in old style HiAce vans & Daewoo service was there too... So YOU follow ur own advice & keep ur baseless analysis away from public forum.

I think major thieves are the ones using hook. How are they going to deal with them? Also would these prepaid meters will be safe from tampering by meter readers?

PML N is following wrong examples...
If they make electricity cheap...theft will decline...
until then it won't..no matter what Western example they follow..

Who willpay for production and installation of these meters?
That will add more cost to the system...

PML N is following wrong examples...
If they make electricity cheap...theft will decline...
until then it won't..no matter what Western example they follow..

Who willpay for production and installation of these meters?
That will add more cost to the system...

Free will always beat cheap.

In a country where 40% of Electricity is stolen, the top priority should be to catch these thieves and hang a few of them in Public Squares to set an example.

bhie yeh b karna ha ya joshey kitabat mei bhak rahay hain ?

More thaekah(contracts) for F&F... Friends & Family... Despite Khazana Khalee Haay Sort-of-Legal way of looting the country...

*We already had roads, needed electricity... but Nooras built roads on already existing roads.
*We already had extensive transport service in Lahore, but Nooras wasted billions to replace existing transport with another transport.
*We already have good functioning meters, but Nooras want to waste country's money while making money for themselves via contracts & kick-backs.
*Most students already had computers, but Nooras gave then one more computer spending Rs.120,000/- of country's money on each of Rs.35,000 computer.

The day you guys act like Pakistanis vs. his and her party and sect, you'll have put the basis of a real democratic Pakistan. Your post is a bunch of lies or misinformation. I can't even vote in your country or go there often. But I do work with infrastructure companies. And I know the largest two, one for the Motorway and second for the Metro Bus service. BOTH are owned by businessmen who by trade a civil engineers and went to UAT.
Go ask ONE of 150,000 passengers who take the Metro Bus to work. What used to take three buses and two-three hours each route. Now takes 1 hour for these poor people to get to work as the bus runs on dedicated lines.
Shame on you for lying on a public forum. Go ride the bus, interview people who take the bus (poor Pakistanis) and post their interviews here. I'd love to see what they have to say. Learn how to play as a team player vs. individual contributors and party based stupidity. You guys have a country, appreciate it. Ask people who don't!

Firs these bastards need to solve Pakistan energy crises then these goons can decide how to control it. But in my opinion this is just going be just another blunder & a source to new way for corruption.

i think he is going in right direction.....pre paid system is good but installing a new meter will also cost more for the user....

why dont just stop kundas and stop wastage of electricity? forge stricter rules and regulations?

also try to make more electricity generation units?

NATION had choice

1 Choose Imran Khan problems would be solved

Now enjoy the darkness

I fully expect a hand out of "yellow" torches to farmers just before election to help with electricity crisis

Back
Top Bottom