What's new

PM to Attend D-8 Summit in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact Hasina once stated that, Pakistan Army was much more civilized as it used to respect Mujib a lot, When they arrested Mujib, they called him " Sir" ! On the contrary, Bangladesh Army destroyed her whole family..............

What is your source! Please give me the source before talking something tremendously doubtful.

Anyway, I know Pakistan has a lot of natural resources, but thats not visible in your growth... GDP growth in Nigeria is 7.8%..... this healthy growth rate is due to Petroleum even after countrywide violence... This is what i mentioned.... And about Jute, thats what i was taught, but the fact may not be acceptable in pakistan. Thats another story......

No, jute is a true story. To make you understand, suppose, we are still east Pakistan. East earns $25 billion of foreign exchange every year by selling textiles and others, but the central govt takes away and invests, say $20 billion of this money in the west for 22 years, what do you think the result will be?

It will be $440 billion investment that is directly stolen from east in 22 years. But, the continuously progressive outputs of goods because of the investments would be staggering. With a Capital : Output ratio of 4:1, for an yearly $20 billion investment west will be producing an additional $5 billion worth of goods in the 1st year, and $10 billion in the 2nd. So, at the end of 22years it would be producing a total of ($5 + $10 +$15 +-------+n!) = $1265 billion worth of goods and services every year.

Certainly the stolen money was not $20 billion per year, but a $500 million per year was also a very very large some of money before 1971. If BD were with Pakistan, no doubt the west would have kept on stealing our hard-earned foreign currency. West would have kept on developing, but not BD.

The discussion above exemplifies how west had developed and why it is still developing at the expense of east. It is not an Easop's fable, it is the truth.

Well lets welcome her to Islamabad, guests are guests no matter how selfish they are, ties with Bangladesh should be kept to the minimum until someone decent comes into power there.

Well lets welcome her to Islamabad, guests are guests no matter how selfish they are, ties with Bangladesh should be kept to the minimum until someone decent comes into power there.

I will ask same question again - What's the benefit of have relation with BD?, What we will loose if we don't have?

I will ask same question again - What's the benefit of have relation with BD?, What we will loose if we don't have?

Lovey Bhai when she comes...please can you give her back the Jute Dhotiii that you wear to work every day ! Lets start by giving back all that we stole ? I'd TCS my Jute Kachaaa alongside it too ! :rofl:

Lovey Bhai when she comes...please can you give her back the Jute Dhotiii that you wear to work every day ! Lets start by giving back all that we stole ? I'd TCS my Jute Kachaaa alongside it too ! :rofl:

Ok, I will ask Ahmdinijad jata howa lay jaay gaa. but my questions are still there? What will be the benefit & What will be loss?

You can just start with splitting the gold deposited in the central bank in 1970. We splat the debt 50/50 but you kept all the asset.

Ok, I will ask Ahmdinijad jata howa lay jaay gaa. but my questions are still there? What will be the benefit & What will be loss?

They're Muslims...we're Muslims ! Thats kinda big here in Pakistan & I believe in it too. At the same time what we've shown here in Pakistan - Baloch, Sindhis, Kashmiris, Punjabis, Pukhtoons & every other ethnic or linguistic group living as one nation under God, is not reciprocated elsewhere either in Iran, in the Middle East or even elsewhere ! So lets restrict the Pan-Islamism to Pakistan & instead concentrate on building relations on 'What benefits do you accrue me ? How can I help you ? And how do I know you're not going to bite on my arse when I'm vulnerable ?. For me our relationship with China followed by Sri Lanka, Turkey & the Saudis is the most important ! The rest of them are on a case to case basis.

On to Bangladesh - I wish them all the best & I hope that our d*ck of a Government would take back all the Biharis who still want to be called Pakistan ! God, His Prophet & Jinnah Sahib would never forgive us for how we abandoned our own people like that & then refused to take them back.

In what lala land u guys have been living ???? Jute money??? still ????....... even if we stole that tremendous jute treasure from you guys as you say..... which dented your economy.... for how long do you think it would have fueled ours???? Specially with the kind of corrupt leadership we had???........ more then 40 years have passed..... and in the meanwhile we have witnessed many problems...Fought wars, Successfully faced off an adversary in east, which is many times of our size as well economy...... on the western side been consistently fighting ..... drew one super power and now entangled with another..... faced bone braking international sanctions.... huge natural disasters.... and most damaging, internal problems....... still we prevailed against all odds...... in all honesty had it been any other country....it would have shattered into pieces ...... In contrast Bangladesh's problems have even not been a slight proportion of ours.... Yet I do not see you people have moved on much..... not any real progress...... I fail to see any difference yet!!

As far as your statement of Bangladesh showing Pakistan the way..... I hope so....at least we would be happy for you guys..... waiting for that to happen!

You wont have to look at the difference from 1971 but lets see from 1991... will you!!!

20121103_FBC369.png

Even on economy and per capita GDP if we take Bangladesh's GDP based on 2005 base year you wont find much difference in it. Even if it is slightly less with 2005 base year within the next couple of years it will cross Pakistan for sure. In HDI Bangladesh already equates it self with Pakistan with point .500 and for Pakistan it is .504. In 1980 it was .303 and .359 respectively. Covering this .05 difference in HDI wont you term it as improvement. Pakistan is only equal now cause Bangladesh's GDP here measured with 1995 base year.

With non income HDI Bangladesh is way ahead then Pakistan with point .566 and .526 respectively.

Detail of different subcategory of HDI. Bangladesh is ahead of Pakistan in all of them...

Bangladesh:

Health

Life expectancy at birth (years) 68.9
Indicator Value Notes
Expenditure on health, public (% of GDP) (%) 1.1
Under-five mortality (per 1,000 live births) 52
Life expectancy at birth (years) 68.9
Health index 0.772

Education

Mean years of schooling (of adults) (years) 4.8
Indicator Value Notes
Public expenditure on education (% of GDP) (%) 2.4
Expected Years of Schooling (of children) (years) 8.1 1
Adult literacy rate, both sexes (% aged 15 and above) 55.9
Mean years of schooling (of adults) (years) 4.8 2
Education index 0.415
Combined gross enrolment in education (both sexes) (%) 48.7

Income

GNI per capita in PPP terms (constant 2005 international $) (Constant 2005 international $) 1,529
Indicator Value Notes
GDP per capita (2005 PPP $) 1,286
GNI per capita in PPP terms (constant 2005 international $) (Constant 2005 international $) 1,529
Income index 0.391
Inequality
Inequality-adjusted HDI value 0.363
Indicator Value Notes
Income Gini coefficient 31.0
Loss due to inequality in life expectancy (%) 23.2
Loss due to inequality in education (%) 39.4
Loss due to inequality in income (%) 17.7
Inequality-adjusted education index 0.252
Inequality-adjusted life expectancy index 0.593
Inequality-adjusted income index 0.321
Inequality-adjusted HDI value 0.363
Poverty
MPI: Multidimensional poverty index (k greater than or equal to 3) (%) n.a.
Indicator Value Notes
MPI: Intensity of deprivation n.a.
MPI: Headcount ( k greater than or equal to 3), percentage population in poverty (% of population) n.a.
MPI: Population living below $1.25 PPP per day (%) 49.6

GII: Gender Inequality Index, value 0.597
Indicator Value Notes
Population with at least secondary education, female/male ratio (Ratio of female to male rates) 0.723
Adolescent fertility rate (women aged 15-19 years) (births per 1,000 women aged 15-19) 71.6
Labour force participation rate, female-male ratio (Ratio of female to male shares) 0.711
GII: Gender Inequality Index, value 0.597
Shares in parliament, female-male ratio 0.228
Maternal mortality ratio (deaths of women per100,000 live births) 340

Sustainability

Adjusted net savings (% of GNI) 27.1
Indicator Value Notes
Carbon dioxide emissions per capita for calc (tonnes per carbon) 0.1
Endangered species (% of all species) 9
Ecological footprint of consumption (global hectares per capita) 0.6
Adjusted net savings (% of GNI) 27.1 3
Greenhouse gases per capita (tonnes of CO2 equivalent) 0.7
Fresh water withdrawals (% of actual total renewable water resources) 3.0 4
Natural resource depletion (% of GNI) 2.6
Carbon dioxide per capita emission (growth 1970-2008) (%) n.a.
Forest area (thousand ha) 1,447 5
Change in forest area (%) -3.1
Impact of natural disasters: number of deaths (average per year/million) (average per year per million people) n.a.
Impact of natural disasters: population affected (average per year/million) (average per year per million people) n.a.
Environmental performance index (EPI) n.a.
Forest area (% of total land area) 11.1
Demography
Population, total both sexes (thousands) 150,493.7

Composite indices

Nonincome HDI value 0.56

Pakistan:

Health

Life expectancy at birth (years) 65.4
Indicator Value Notes
Expenditure on health, public (% of GDP) (%) 0.8
Under-five mortality (per 1,000 live births) 87
Life expectancy at birth (years) 65.4
Health index 0.717

Education

Mean years of schooling (of adults) (years) 4.9
Indicator Value Notes
Public expenditure on education (% of GDP) (%) 2.7
Expected Years of Schooling (of children) (years) 6.9 1
Adult literacy rate, both sexes (% aged 15 and above) 55.5
Mean years of schooling (of adults) (years) 4.9 2
Education index 0.386
Combined gross enrolment in education (both sexes) (%) 42.0 3

Income

GNI per capita in PPP terms (constant 2005 international $) (Constant 2005 international $) 2,550
Indicator Value Notes
GDP per capita (2005 PPP $) 2,369
GNI per capita in PPP terms (constant 2005 international $) (Constant 2005 international $) 2,550
Income index 0.464

Inequality

Inequality-adjusted HDI value 0.346
Indicator Value Notes
Income Gini coefficient 32.7
Loss due to inequality in life expectancy (%) 32.3
Loss due to inequality in education (%) 46.4
Loss due to inequality in income (%) 11.0
Inequality-adjusted education index 0.207
Inequality-adjusted life expectancy index 0.485
Inequality-adjusted income index 0.413
Inequality-adjusted HDI value 0.346

Poverty

Indicator Value Notes
MPI: Intensity of deprivation n.a.
MPI: Headcount ( k greater than or equal to 3), percentage population in poverty (% of population) n.a.
MPI: Population living below $1.25 PPP per day (%) 22.6

GII: Gender Inequality Index, value 0.611
Indicator Value Notes
Population with at least secondary education, female/male ratio (Ratio of female to male rates) 0.448
Adolescent fertility rate (women aged 15-19 years) (births per 1,000 women aged 15-19) 45.7
Labour force participation rate, female-male ratio (Ratio of female to male shares) 0.256
GII: Gender Inequality Index, value 0.611
Shares in parliament, female-male ratio 0.266
Maternal mortality ratio (deaths of women per100,000 live births) 260

Sustainability

Adjusted net savings (% of GNI) 10.7
Indicator Value Notes
Carbon dioxide emissions per capita for calc (tonnes per carbon) 0.3
Endangered species (% of all species) 9
Ecological footprint of consumption (global hectares per capita) 0.8
Adjusted net savings (% of GNI) 10.7 4
Greenhouse gases per capita (tonnes of CO2 equivalent) 1.1
Fresh water withdrawals (% of actual total renewable water resources) 81.5 5
Natural resource depletion (% of GNI) 3.1
Carbon dioxide per capita emission (growth 1970-2008) (%) 2.2
Forest area (thousand ha) 1,773 6
Change in forest area (%) -29.8
Impact of natural disasters: number of deaths (average per year/million) (average per year per million people) n.a.
Impact of natural disasters: population affected (average per year/million) (average per year per million people) n.a.
Environmental performance index (EPI) n.a.
Forest area (% of total land area) 2.3

Demography

Population, total both sexes (thousands) 176,745.4
Indicator Value Notes
Population, total both sexes (thousands) 176,745.4
Population, urban (%) (% of population) 36.2 7
Population, female (thousands) 86,937.25
Population, male (thousands) 89,808.11

Composite indices

Nonincome HDI value 0.526
Indicator Value Notes
Nonincome HDI value 0.526

But it does not mean that Pakistan does not have any potential or anything as such. Pakistan only started to fill the pinch from the starting of the war on terror. Prior to that its economy was never devastated like that of Bangladesh in 1971 which set back Bangladesh by 12 years economically and slow economic progress pushed that back further. Some disadvantage of Pakistan is that it is wasting too much money on defense in return it is not getting anything and investing too less amount in education which is almost half of the amount usually spend by Bangladesh. High literacy rate and enrollment of students in the University will also bring a much better result and prospect for Bangladesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom