What's new

PM among poorest MPs

Durrani

New Recruit

Reaction score
PM among poorest MPs

* Details of assets, liabilities given to ECP reveal Gilani has no assets, investments
* Fazl has only Rs 3,000 in bank account

By Irfan Ghauri and Muhammad Bilal

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani may be one of the poorest members of the National Assembly (MNAs), as his furniture, fittings and others items of personal use are worth only Rs 200,000, and he owns no other property.

Details of the assets and liabilities submitted with the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) have revealed the premier does not own any plots, apartments, commercial buildings or agriculture properties. He also has no business capital. His declaration states he brought no remittances from outside Pakistan, including bank drafts, or machinery. He has no investments in the country, and apart from the official motorcade, Gilani also does not own any personal motor vehicle.

The prime minister’s statement declared that 200 tolas of jewellery had been gifted to him by his parents at his wedding, but did not mention whether he or his wife owned it. It said he held Rs 8.5 million in a bank account following the sale of inherited property in Multan, and had retained Rs 989,734, which were frozen by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in 2001. The statement of assets, submitted by Gilani on September 27, 2008, also reveals that he has no liabilities, loans or mortgages.

Fazl: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman is also among the poorer leaders of the country, as details of his declared assets reveal he owns no private vehicle. He has no business capital in or outside Pakistan, nor any investments. He has also declared that he has only Rs 3,000 in his bank accounts.

The JUI-F chief declared that he has a one-fifth share in his family’s house in Dera Ismail Khan, which is worth Rs 100,000. He also has a residence in DI Khan worth Rs 2 million and a 5-kanal plot worth Rs 500,000. The other assets declared by Fazl include 25 tolas of jewellery, furniture and articles of personal use worth Rs 50,000.

The assets declared by Fazl’s younger brother, Maulana Attaur Rehman, who is currently tourism minister, reveal that he owns one-fifth share in inherited property, worth Rs 100,000. He has no other property or business investments in or outside the country. Attaur Rehman has declared he has no bank account anywhere despite him not only being an MNA, but also a federal minister. He said he has no private vehicle, and his furniture and articles of personal use are worth Rs 20,000. His wife owns 50 tolas of jewellery.

Faisal Karim Kundi, deputy speaker of the National Assembly, has declared that he owns 23 kanals of agricultural property worth Rs 500,000, a cash account of Rs 528,000 and furniture and articles of personal use worth Rs 100,000. He has no other property or business investments, personal vehicle, jewellery or other assets, according to details submitted to the ECP.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Ok this has got to be the funniest crap i've ever heard....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL... Is this supposed to be some kind of joke or what? Or do they seriously think the public is stupid enough to believe this nonsense that somehow gilani or fazl or any other politician for that matter is broke !

:angry::crazy:

im sure gilani wouldnt be in any different situation than wat has be said this article. as far as maulana diesel is concerned im in serious doubts

lol, I have heard that Musharaff had gifted alot of land to Maulana just because he supported 17th ammendment and Lal Masjid operation.

im sure gilani wouldnt be in any different situation than wat has be said this article. as far as maulana diesel is concerned im in serious doubts

But I've heard that Gilani stands to inherit alot from his family's wealth.....

Well funny isn't it the poor people having meetings in five star hotels in London saying it is spent out of their personal pockets and then openly saying they have nothing. It is a shame and I think we should make Geo show some of their videos of saying that.

But I've heard that Gilani stands to inherit alot from his family's wealth.....

lik u said 'stands to inherit' but has still not inherited.... and i think there wouldnt be much to inherit except some agricultural land in multan however im not 100% sure

Well funny isn't it the poor people having meetings in five star hotels in London saying it is spent out of their personal pockets and then openly saying they have nothing. It is a shame and I think we should make Geo show some of their videos of saying that.

i dont remember any of the above mentioned ppl sayin such a thing. GoP has been payin for their official visits. such claims were once made by zardari that he payed for XYZ

Well true I thought the PM covered for the 52 man Umrah he perforemed though I was unsure but i do wonder what Zardari will disclose.

PM Gillani,

Damn, this is the biggest mis truth i've come across in a long time. total BS!!

He is one one the richest man of Pakistan!! (pls dont ask for proofs, i cant give them or rather disclose them)

KHIRAD KEY PASS KHABAR KE SIWA KUCH AUR NAHI,
TERA ILAAJ NAZAR KEY SIWA KUCH AUR NAHI!!

Allama iqbal (rehmat ullah Alleh)

:pakistan:

Well declaring assets of the canditates or MP's would be frutfuil.. I think we should ask them to declare the assets of their wives kids, uncles and other family members..;) these guys are too smart to declare what they actually earn ;)

PM Gillani,

Damn, this is the biggest mis truth i've come across in a long time. total BS!!

He is one one the richest man of Pakistan!! (pls dont ask for proofs, i cant give them or rather disclose them)

KHIRAD KEY PASS KHABAR KE SIWA KUCH AUR NAHI,
TERA ILAAJ NAZAR KEY SIWA KUCH AUR NAHI!!

Allama iqbal (rehmat ullah Alleh)

:pakistan:

not a gud way of convincing ppl. dont u think so??

@ above,

i know u r rite but wat can i say....

well, even if u look at his lavish life style u can rebut all his claims of being poor and all.

Coe on yar, he is a politician, he cant be poor!!!

BTW there is a very strong 'rumour' that he has bought a brand neww house in lahore, go figure.:yahoo:

@ AJPIRZADA

And why are u defending that bugger so vehemently? sees like u like the guy!! :smitten:

or is it that fact that u both are fro peer families??!!?? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom