What's new

Please help me find news about man shot at checkpoint in Islamabad?

nvra911

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was generally talking with my Dad about Islamabad's security plan in the wake of the recent Lahore incident and like always something came up (see my previous posts). He told me that he kind of remembers that in 2009 or 2010, there was a news item that an innocent man (who was from a well-to-do family) was mistaken as a terrorist at some checkpoint in Islamabad because he did not stop when asked to stop by the security personnel at the checkpoint (e.g. checkpoint like the ones a the entrance of naval colony in Islamabad etc.)

So, when he didn't stop, he was opened fire at and he died and this news was very briefly covered but not repeated or brought to light and then quickly blacked-out by the media.

This is what my Dad told me he remembers. I told him that if such an incident had happened a few years back I would have remembered it, and I do not. I've Google'd many different search words about it but didn't dig up anything either.

Can someone here please kindly help me out in this specific news item. Do any of you remember any such news? Do you think any similar event happened or my Dad is confusing it with something other event?

As always, many thanks in advance.

media-dis-n-dat.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/islamabad-police-kill-deaf-man-thinking.html

I finally found this link about the news. Does anyone here know the real inside story? What came out of the whole event? Was the man a terrorist or a deaf local resident as the family said?

I am really curious.

media-dis-n-dat.blogspot.co.uk/2009/11/islamabad-police-kill-deaf-man-thinking.html

I finally found this link about the news. Does anyone here know the real inside story? What came out of the whole event? Was the man a terrorist or a deaf local resident as the family said?

I am really curious.
LOL u hindu false flager. Why do u wanna know n why should we help u.

I read yr previous posts yr just a pathetic hindu slave who has forgotten his aukat.

My advise......get lost.

"Hindu slave"...I say what Umair Nawaz, be careful if you're living in the West or plan to live there.

A simple IP check - and I'm guessing your name really is Umair Nawaz- could have you denied any travel/ work visas for hate speech/ racism.

And also impact any business you run or educational course you're doing. International relations, right?

"Hindu slave"...I say what Umair Nawaz, be careful if you're living in the West or plan to live there.

A simple IP check - and I'm guessing your name really is Umair Nawaz- could have you denied any travel/ work visas for hate speech/ racism.

And also impact any business you run or educational course you're doing. International relations, right?

where did traveling to west came in the picture dude and do you work for INS/DHS that you are representing them when you say simple IP check comment WOw kids these days, go watch lady gaga or New Kanye west or something may be re run of jersey shores

"thank you Come Again":cheers:

Probably not, considering it is America.

That is the country where Stormfront, the KKK and Terry Jones burning Holy Books are all protected under the First Amendment.

Hell there have been loads of KKK members who have successfully become Politicians there. David Duke for example was the grand leader of the KKK, and still managed to join both the Republican party and the Democratic party as a Politician and representative.

where did traveling to west came in the picture dude and do you work for INS/DHS that you are representing them when you say simple IP check comment WOw kids these days, go watch lady gaga or New Kanye west or something may be re run of jersey shores

"thank you Come Again":cheers:

Traveling to the west came into the picture, assuming he had any plans. That's all it was- friendly advice. I guess it does not matter if he doesn't.

I thank people who call me a kid- aapke mooh mein ghee shakkar.

Edit: I'l add that the advice was based on what I have seen first hand. I head a business unit of a Fortune 500 company and this is a part of our hiring policy. I have also been on the student review committee of a top 3 B School, and things like these (if reported) are not exactly guarantors of admission.

Probably not, considering it is America.

That is the country where Stormfront, the KKK and Terry Jones burning Holy Books are all protected under the First Amendment.

Hell there have been loads of KKK members who have successfully become Politicians there. David Duke for example was the grand leader of the KKK, and still managed to join both the Republican party and the Democratic party as a Politician and representative.

You're right but that's if you're a US citizen. They're very very stringent when it comes to others. And I'm not even talking about gainful (not just any job) employment/ studying in the West- you'll get very short shrift there.

Duke's example goes back to the (IIRC) 80s. The US has changed a lot since then, reinvents itself all the time.

You're right but that's if you're a US citizen. They're very very stringent when it comes to others. And I'm not even talking about gainful (not just any job) employment/ studying in the West- you'll get very short shrift there.

Duke's example goes back to the (IIRC) 80s. The US has changed a lot since then, reinvents itself all the time.

Oh, I see what you mean. :tup:

I'm not complaining about Duke anyway. As horrific as his ideas are, he hasn't actually attacked/killed anyone as far as I know.

LOL u hindu false flager. Why do u wanna know n why should we help u.

I read yr previous posts yr just a pathetic hindu slave who has forgotten his aukat.

My advise......get lost.

Wow. What did I do to deserve this comment? Really dude, I'd like to know how did you form this opinion about me?

I'm a born and bred Rawalpindian - and proud at that. I'm proud of the history, culture and people of subcontinent as a whole and of my motherland. Though I disagree with many things State of Pakistan has done but I have a right to my opinion.

What made you form this vicious opinion - I'm really interested??

Oh, I see what you mean. :tup:

I'm not complaining about Duke anyway. As horrific as his ideas are, he hasn't actually attacked/killed anyone as far as I know.

Yeah, they're quite 'tough' when it comes to foreign nationals.

Have you heard about the Indian politician Modi? He could be India's next Prime Minister (!), and yet the US has so far refused him a visa to travel there because he is accused of being a bigot and someone who was involved in persecuting Muslim minorities in India.

Back
Top Bottom