What's new

Plan to assassinate Zardari revealed

ejaz007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Plan to assassinate Zardari revealed
By Imran Chaudhry

LAHORE: The suspects, who were arrested in the wake of the suicide attack on Data Darbar last week, have revealed a terrorist plan to assassinate President Asif Ali Zardari, a senior security official said on Tuesday.

During the investigation, the suspects told investigators that they were planning to attack President Zardari during his stay at the Governor House in his upcoming visit to Lahore, the official said on condition of anonymity. The arrested terrorists said that they had collected explosives to blow up the Governor House to assassinate the president.

The official said that the terrorists revealed during the initial investigation that they have a plan to attack the president, either at the Governor House or to attack the presidential motorcade the same way gunmen attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team on their way to the Gaddafi Stadium at Liberty Chowk.

After the shrine attack, the police, with the help of other security agencies, have arrested six terrorists, who disclosed the assassination plan, which also include the execution of Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer and Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, the official said. The investigation police have found a detailed map of the Governor House from the documents seized from the terrorists.

The map comprises details, including the internal and external gates of the official residence of the governor. The terrorists were also planning to attack the Allama Iqbal International Airport as well as another worship place of the Ahmedis in the Cantonment, the official said.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

They must have not early some nerve, but serious resources and involvement from the law enforcement to even dare plan an attack on the barricaded fortress that is the Governor House.

Regardless of how bad Zardari is you people should not wish that a active President of Pakistan died in a attack - It will be bad for country.Some comments here are ridiculous.

Last edited:
I find nawaz and lot much more dangerous to Pakistan than zardari even tough i hate both of these parties, the damage that nawaz and lot has planned for Pakistan would be humongous compared to what zardari is doing even though ppp-zardari is doing hell lot of damage.

Ahhh so Now will Rehman Malik for sake of Zardari if not for heaven's sake, start an operation against militants in Punjab ????????

Ahhh so Now will Rehman Malik for sake of Zardari if not for heaven's sake, start an operation against militants in Punjab ????????

Is it his decision solely? Has he been supporting it? Who has been opposing it? Don't get carried away by your opinion.

Is it his decision solely? Has he been supporting it? Who has been opposing it? Don't get carried away by your opinion.

And why do you think i am talking about only one individual :angel:

in case KP they never needed node of the provincial govt.

And why do you think i am talking about only one individual :angel:

Perhaps because you named one individual specifically ?

in case KP they never needed node of the provincial govt.
ANP was always on board for the Swat operation and other operations in areas adjoining KP besides being part of the Federal Government and sitting on all those meetings (remember the romanticism days when Asfand Yar Wali and Nawaz used to be invited to all DCC meetings?)

No wonder Nawaz Sharif is not on the hit list. After all, they are the same and yet people support this terrorist.

Perhaps because you named one individual specifically ?

ANP was always on board for the Swat operation and other operations in areas adjoining KP besides being part of the Federal Government and sitting on all those meetings (remember the romanticism days when Asfand Yar Wali and Nawaz used to be invited to all DCC meetings?)

Yes ANP was always onboard BUT still if the center decides to go for operation in KP, then they dont care for willingness of ANP, whereas in case of Punjab the half hearted statements are merely an eyewash

i guess, an idiot cannot rule and almost bankrupted a country, and can makes huge bucks for himself. he fooled the whole country for so long. then who is the idiot??? no offence, just want to clear the air.:cheers:

Bush the Jr. was elected twice ;) he fooled the whole world

A lot of people say Zia was a bad leader, dictator etc etc.....But the day his plane crashed that day was most worrying day for Pakistan. Because The whole leadership was dead. No one was there running the country. It could have led to war inside the army itself but God helped us and we made it through.....

No matter how bad Zardari is He is our President. And his killing will give a impression to whole world that if President is not safe how can be a civilian or foriegn investor......

Its good the plan is revealed and Security forces will take action against it.

Good work.

P.S : i dont like zardari personally that doesn't mean i promote assassination plans against him.

Back
Top Bottom