What's new

Pipeline may isolate Pakistan globally

pipe line zaroori hai agar agay bharna hai to baishak sanction lag jayai laikin pipeline banani chahiyai

Pipeline se thora fayda zaroor hoga, lekin baad me dusri bato se pakistan ko zyada nuksan hoga.

Our trade with KSA in past 4 YEARS has declined to historic low which is only 1% of our GDP. I think their Muslim brotherhood slogan died right over there when they left us in a dry heat. Our foreign policies should be independent of outside pressure in the first place. There will be isolation but no where near on global level.

Saudi Arabia is still the largest donor to Pakistan.

^^^ and so is US.. Pakistan should go with aid providers. they have been giving aid to Pakistan for decades now while Iran has been interfering in Pakistan's shia-sunni matter.

I think the Pakistani administration should weigh the geopolitical scenario, strategic advantageous,long term economic benefits and Choose the right path.

we had been facing issues for the "right path" too so why NOT go for a difficult path.

Nothing is impossible in the world politics.

Either US should offer Pakistan a nuke deal if it wants us to do away with this pipeline OR if it cant do so then it should fund our new dams including Bhasha/Kala Bagh and other big projects without any string.

we had been facing issues for the "right path" too so why NOT go for a difficult path.

Either US should offer Pakistan a nuke deal if it wants us to do away with this pipeline OR if it cant do so then it should fund our new dams including Bhasha/Kala Bagh and other big projects without any string.

Kalabagh Dam ! :blink:

Oh jeee....am I talking to a KPK resident or not ? :omghaha:

This is the last week of PPP's tenure(till march 16), they won't be the one who will face western wrath on pipeline.

New government might say it was not us!
But they would not have locus standi on such international treaties for which the NATIONS are responsible and not the governments.

Suppose your PPP government issued a Pakistan sovergein bonds, and they are not in power any more. Does it mean the next government can wash their hands off this issue?
No, they cant.

Iran gas is 4 times more expensive than what Pakistan is having now.......
Pakistani and Chinese banks and company refused to invest in this project.
Pakistan is almost bankrupt ......

.......go ahead if you can :omghaha:

Gas being imported is purely for Electricity generation. It merely that we will be switching from Oil to gas generation. We are already paying heavy Electricity Bills so i doubt it matter a long as it can end load shedding. Our local gas production is enough for house consumer needs. To shut your mouth.

Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline: In snub to US, China offers $500m loan – The Express Tribune

Iran will be investing 500$ in this pipeline themselves. In the end i think we can take care of $500 million our self by diverting some funds from other projects.

^^^ and so is US.. Pakistan should go with aid providers. they have been giving aid to Pakistan for decades now while Iran has been interfering in Pakistan's shia-sunni matter.

Saudis were the one who came for Pakistan's partial rescue in 2008 balance of payment crisis. Otherwise no other country, not even China helped Pakistan during that crisis.

Ohh my!
Its a veiled blackmail.
What if every country started behaving this way?

In my view ,Yes a difficult path but if it gives benefits in the long term , taking pain for getting benefits in the long term is right way to solve the problem, but has to estimate and weigh the gains and loss and based on that choose the path.

very true. Nawaz doesnt seem to have guts to face US.

But lets see.

PPP played it very wisely, got admiration from the public and also won't have burden of American wrath since 16th march. :lol:

Saudis were the one who came for Pakistan's partial rescue in 2008 balance of payment crisis. Otherwise no other country, not even China helped Pakistan during that crisis.

that's right but if they reject Iran's deal then they have to continue living in 14 hours of load shedding everyday.

Very hard decision :help:

This is the last week of PPP's tenure(till march 16), they won't be the one who will face western wrath on pipeline.

yes mate that is why I said Pakistani administration, Politicians come and go but bureaucrats and administration will stay :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom