What's new

Pink Floyd Fans

Both are diff
Pink floyd is progressive and psychadelic rock.

Led zepp is hard ,rock sort of.

Its a personal preference but pink floyd were superior musicians technically,there is no competition.

They are very different, catered to different tastes. But both masters of their own domain, unparalleled masters.
My personal preference is of Led Zepp. And yes Pink Floyd were the technically superior musicians. but the two you just can't compare.

I've heard lots of people put down Jimmy Page for being a sloppy player, which is just a ridiculous notion.

They are very different, catered to different tastes. But both masters of their own domain, unparalleled masters.
My personal preference is of Led Zepp. And yes Pink Floyd were the technically superior musicians. but the two you just can't compare.

I've heard lots of people put down Jimmy Page for being a sloppy player, which is just a ridiculous notion.

Stairway to heaven rocks
The problem was jimmy page got worse with age and gilmour is still capable of playing in the same manner.

Second is the lyrics of pk.

But yeah if u take a poll its almost 50 pc for pf and 50 pc for led zepp

It was an april fools joke. ;)

But calling them sound engineers is too technical, they were artists, revolutionists, and above all, geniuses.

Yup great album, these guys too, pioneered prog rock.
sorry yaar

Stairway to heaven rocks
The problem was jimmy page got worse with age and gilmour is still capable of playing in the same manner.

Second is the lyrics of pk.

But yeah if u take a poll its almost 50 pc for pf and 50 pc for led zepp

I'll agree with that Led Zepp aged not so well, Plant lost his voice, and they all lost some spark.
But do remember that every band goes through highs and lows periods, in 1974 Led Zepp just came off a major high and were on the descend. They came out of it in 1977 but a lot of damage was already done.

And then came the death of this man that brought it all to an end:

rock-drummer-died-after-drinking-40-measures-vodkath.jpg

RIP.

sorry yaar

No biggy mate. :)

Pink Floyd to release new album 'The Endless River'
The record is out in October and based on 1994 sessions
2014PinkFloyd01PR200514.jpg

Pink Floyd are set to release a new album, called 'The Endless River', in October.

News of the LP came via the Twitter account of Polly Samson - partner of David Gilmour. The writer said that the new album would be based on 1994 sessions with the band's Richard Wright, who passed away in 2008 at the age of 65.

Consequence of Sound adds further details of the album, quoting singer Durga McBroom-Hudson who has toured with the band. "The recording did start during 'The Division Bell' sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled 'The Big Spliff' that Nick Mason spoke about). Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them."

2014PinkFloyd_Getty52462989_180614.jpg

Pink Floyd recently released a new box set of their last studio album, 1994's 'The Division Bell', to mark its 20th anniversary. The six-disc set includes a remastered double LP edition of the album in a gatefold sleeve; a red 7-inch of single 'Take It Back'; clear 7-inch of 'High Hopes'; 12-inch blue vinyl of 'High Hopes' with reverse laser etched design; the 2011 remaster of 'The Division Bell'; a Blu-ray disc including 'The Division Bell' album in HD Audio, and a previously unreleased surround sound audio mix of the album by Andy Jackson. The Blu-ray disc also includes a new video for 'Marooned'.

The album was originally recorded by the band at guitarist David Gilmour's Astoria houseboat studio and Britannia Row Studios in London with the majority of the lyrics being written by Gilmour and his partner Polly Samson. The anniversary box-set discs have been remastered by long term Pink Floyd collaborators James Guthrie and Joel Plante.

Pink Floyd to release new album 'The Endless River' | News | NME.COM

@Manticore @Hyperion :partay:

i listen to a great day for freedom and then continue on to marooned --- the guitar riffs sound like in continuity

'Marooned' seems like a creation of some super-human entity from the future. It's just something else. Mind-blowing stuff. I've seen so many cover versions of it on youtube but there's not a single one that comes close. I wonder what special pedals and effects Gilmour was using?

Yes yes yes........ moooooooooooooooooooooooohahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha.......... can't wait now! :D

Pink Floyd to release new album 'The Endless River'
The record is out in October and based on 1994 sessions
2014PinkFloyd01PR200514.jpg

Pink Floyd are set to release a new album, called 'The Endless River', in October.

News of the LP came via the Twitter account of Polly Samson - partner of David Gilmour. The writer said that the new album would be based on 1994 sessions with the band's Richard Wright, who passed away in 2008 at the age of 65.

Consequence of Sound adds further details of the album, quoting singer Durga McBroom-Hudson who has toured with the band. "The recording did start during 'The Division Bell' sessions (and yes, it was the side project originally titled 'The Big Spliff' that Nick Mason spoke about). Which is why there are Richard Wright tracks on it. But David and Nick have gone in and done a lot more since then. It was originally to be a completely instrumental recording, but I came in last December and sang on a few tracks. David then expanded on my backing vocals and has done a lead on at least one of them."

2014PinkFloyd_Getty52462989_180614.jpg

Pink Floyd recently released a new box set of their last studio album, 1994's 'The Division Bell', to mark its 20th anniversary. The six-disc set includes a remastered double LP edition of the album in a gatefold sleeve; a red 7-inch of single 'Take It Back'; clear 7-inch of 'High Hopes'; 12-inch blue vinyl of 'High Hopes' with reverse laser etched design; the 2011 remaster of 'The Division Bell'; a Blu-ray disc including 'The Division Bell' album in HD Audio, and a previously unreleased surround sound audio mix of the album by Andy Jackson. The Blu-ray disc also includes a new video for 'Marooned'.

The album was originally recorded by the band at guitarist David Gilmour's Astoria houseboat studio and Britannia Row Studios in London with the majority of the lyrics being written by Gilmour and his partner Polly Samson. The anniversary box-set discs have been remastered by long term Pink Floyd collaborators James Guthrie and Joel Plante.

Pink Floyd to release new album 'The Endless River' | News | NME.COM

@Manticore @Hyperion :partay:

While listening to this one here a few days ago, it hit me just how poetic Pink Floyd lyrics are, they actually have a deeper meaning unlike 95% of songs even by some great bands.

Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around and choose your own ground

For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Run, rabbit, run
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one

But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

While listening to this one here a few days ago, it hit me just how poetic Pink Floyd lyrics are, they actually have a deeper meaning unlike 95% of songs even by some great bands.
Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care
Leave but don't leave me
Look around and choose your own ground

And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Run, rabbit, run
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one

But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

The Hero's Return (Waters)

Jesus, Jesus, what's it all about?
Trying to clout these little ingrates into shape.
When I was their age all the lights went out.
There was no time to whine or mope about.
And even now part of me flies over
Dresden at angels one five.
Though they'll never fathom it behind my
Sarcasm desperate memories lie.

Sweetheart sweetheart are you fast asleep? Good.
'Cause that's the only time that I can really speak to you.
And there is something that I've locked away
A memory that is too painful
To withstand the light of day.

The magic of Roger Waters. They don't make them like him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom