What's new

Picture of the Day

582121_476958498983216_1887981611_n.jpg

One of the two cannons at Cannon-Hill,Elephanta caves island,about 20km off the Mumbai port area.These cannons were installed by the British to protect the port from any naval invasion I suppose.Well camouflaged,these cannons had a 360 degrees field of attack.There is an undergrond system of bunkers below the cannons for storing ammunition I suppose and a barrack nearby.It must had been quite a difficult task to carry the ammunition upto that place.

The other cannon,about 100 meters from the first one,I guess.I am unaware about the calibre or any other technical specifications of them.Probably someone can throw some light into it.There is an elevated place for perhaps the spotter,exactly between the two cannons,who would direct fire.Notice that the second cannon is still having the gears intact to change its vertical angle.

picture getting cropped at the right side.. dont know why.deleted.

^^ oh poor thing... new baby squirrels are out running these days... they look very cute... last year we had 3 new in our house, today spotted a new one, hope there are more... so far there are 7 in our house...

Back
Top Bottom