What's new

PIA to purchase nine new planes for different routes

upcoming routes are Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Nairobi, Johannesburg and Glasgow, thats super cool, i hope it works out

Nice, Ill have to experience Pia for myself then.. I hope the rumors aren't true..

Some of my cousins say its just media targeting.. but in fact PIA isn't that bad..

It's the least i can do to support Pakistan's economy.

Nice, Ill have to experience Pia for myself then.. I hope the rumors aren't true..

Some of my cousins say its just media targeting.. but in fact PIA isn't that bad..

knew it, sounds too good to be true

will trust when see these in service..

new islamabad airport can handle.

That detective.. is the right question..

It is good that the new airport has the capability to handle the present and future SuperJumbo class of jets. It is entirely feasible that the international traffic will justify the use of these jets at least at the bigger airports of the country, if not a Hyderabad, relatively soon, at present rates of growth.

I hope PIA workers ACTUALLY take care of the planes. The state of the planes inside are disgusting, trash everywhere, seats dirty, etc..

lol the same news came a year or so ago but that time the plan was to induct Airbus that never materialized , this time boeings lets see how much the plans pay off, btw which jumbo planes PIA is looking at, the models are not mentioned . Can it be Airbus-380

btw how can they go for Boeing 737, its too old

go search 737-800, its the newest aircraft with glass cockpit.
and if im not mistaken the new chairman is a former PAF chief, Rao Qamar Suleman, which means he will make sure things go right this time.

Yes its only the media and our arrogant rich people.
the problem takes place on regional flights everytime, and that's because only rich travel by air in Pakistan, not your common men. And their ego is usually beyond the heavens. They expect VIP treatment from the crew..

I travel with PIA, from Toronto to Karachi, never had a problem.
Infact the service is on par or comparable to many airlines. Btw B777LR is a beautiful aircraft!

The new 747-8 is a great choice too.

Nope, the 747's in question will be bought from Saudia, at a throwaway price.

Instead of buying some 777's, something should have been done of the A310 fleet.

Chicago and Houston do not represent a big margin to justify the acquisition of 777.

Nope, the 747's in question will be bought from Saudia, at a throwaway price.

Instead of buying some 777's, something should have been done of the A310 fleet.

Chicago and Houston do not represent a big margin to justify the acquisition of 777.

well PIA already placed an order for 5 777-300ER to replace 747s.
Im pretty sure these saudi 747-300 are being bought as a stop gap untill the 777 arrives. And dont forget that PIA just retired 747-200, and so we need these aircrafts for hajj operations.

But I agree with you, Instead of going for 2 more 777LR, they should've done something with A310 fleet. Its gonna create big problem later on as PIA will have to replace 12 aircrafts at same time...
And the replacement can only either be 787 or A350(which i prefere) as these are the only two new aircrafts of the same class as A310.

i have flown in pia to Dubai and back many time these planes are now becoming scarp need to replace them soon with a larger fleet close to 50 at least with all type of jet liners short medium and long range ones

i have flown in pia to Dubai and back many time these planes are now becoming scarp need to replace them soon with a larger fleet close to 50 at least with all type of jet liners short medium and long range ones

you may fly on 732s dear i fly on PIA and feel good always .

It is good that the new airport has the capability to handle the present and future SuperJumbo class of jets. It is entirely feasible that the international traffic will justify the use of these jets at least at the bigger airports of the country, if not a Hyderabad, relatively soon, at present rates of growth.

Islamabad would make sense..
But it depends on whether international carriers would send An A-380 to Pakistan..
There seems little point in sending such a large aircraft to handle Pakistan based passenger traffic unless its for the Hajj season.

Islamabad would make sense..
But it depends on whether international carriers would send An A-380 to Pakistan..
There seems little point in sending such a large aircraft to handle Pakistan based passenger traffic unless its for the Hajj season.

You are correct in saying that it all depends on passenger traffic volumes and revenues, and also the political situation. However, having at least the facilities ready is a necessary first step.

Back
Top Bottom