What's new

PHOTOS: Arjun Mk.2 In Desert Trials

1650m/s figure was revealed before Arjun Mk-1 received APFSDS rounds, as I've enquired at my sources this velocity is for a 120mm HEAT round. The APFSDS velocity, although stated at 2,250m/s is not confirmed by any official source so I've decided to wait for things to fall into place from reliable sources before quoting APFSDS velocity.

:lol::lol:

That indian junk, a rifled gun, firing APFSDS with over 2000m/s muzzle velocity? Give me a break. Arjun's muzzle velocity is stated as 1650m/s by OFFICIAL MANUFACTURER of the tank (DRDO). Stop being a backward thirld-worlder idiot.

BTW idiot, you didn't give me the source which states "muzzle velocity of Arjun for HEAT rounds to be 1650m/s" ..where is the source?....:rofl: Give me any credible link or shut your curry face.

Talk on authentic specifications....
Haven't you heard of @zraver PDF's tank expert.

What about him?
Al-Khalid, al-khalid-1 and al-khalid-2 So many stupid versions for this 1970s hull? Are those versions been financed for development yet? Give me some good sources for that?

Well if indians can finance a 16th century garbage pack, namely Arjun, then why can't Pakistanis finance a 1970s hull? :laugh:

Al Khalid-1 entered production 2 to 3 years ago...

Go to Al Khalid thread on this forum, they have pictures of "Al Khalid-1" ....

you want proof to say the 125mm gun is build with license?

Yes I do, retarded kid.

Pakistan builds its own smoothbore guns..where is the "under license" thingy comes in?
and btw, the joint contract for making Al-Khalid-1 was signed only in November 2012,
thats just 2 months ago!!

Already discussed. This news was some hanky journalism very common of Sub-continent...

Al Khalid-1s are being produced as we speak.... Here is something for your idiot arse...

9jqedi.jpg

Date of video 25 Feb, 2010

Tank : Al Khalid-1

Do you see it? Now go cry...

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone believes what they want to believe:rolleyes:

In 1988-1989 two prototypes underwent automotive trials, which revealed major deficiencies in mobility, engine, and transmission.[48]
Several prototypes underwent extensive mobility and armament trials, in 1996 and 1997. The Army found the performance of the prototypes below the acceptable standards and listed deficiencies in the following areas:[48]
Accuracy of gun at battle ranges
Mission reliability
Ammunition lethality
Containerisation of ammunition bin
Emergency traverse
Fire control system unable to function in temperatures above 42 degrees Celsius (108 degrees Fahrenheit).[49]
During summer trials in 2005, it was reported that the Arjun suffered major problems with its main gun sight, suspension system, and fire control system. Moreover, engine failures occurred commonly in temperatures averaging 55-60 degrees Celsius.[50]
There are conflicting accounts of Arjun's trial results in 2006. In 2007, Major General H.M. Singh, a director in charge of trial and evaluation, said that the last year's user field trial report had certified that the accuracy and consistency of the weapon system was proved beyond doubt."[51][52] However, the 2006 army trial results showed that "the decade-old problems of overheating persist" and that "tank’s main subsystems, the fire control system (FCS) and integrated gunner’s main sight, which includes a thermal imager and laser range-finder, are rendered erratic and useless by the Arjun’s abnormally high peak internal temperature, which moves well beyond 55 degrees Celsius. This is in testimony to the Parliamentary committee."[53]
In 2007 the Arjun tank was fielded during the Ashwamedha exercise in the deserts of Rajasthan.[54] The army was extremely unhappy with the tank, citing 14 defects that included "deficient fire control system", "inaccuracy of its guns", "low speeds in tactical areas" and "inability to operate over 50 degrees Celsius".[55] "The Army is now faced with a troubling prospect: inducting a lumbering, misfiring, vintage design tank like the Arjun, and that, too, in large numbers".[53] This, after DRDO over-shot Arjun’s project deadline by 16 years — from 1984 to 1995, finally closing the project only in 2000 — and the cost overrun is almost 20 times the original estimate. This is the highest percentage overrun for any DRDO project.[53]
With the September 2007 winter trials, the Indian army deemed Arjun's performance unsatisfactory, including at least four engine failures.[56] DRDO, on the other hand, insisted the tank was a viable choice for adoption and suggested the unsatisfactory performance of the engine during the winter trials was due to sabotage.[10]

Arjun MBT bump track test
The Auxiliary User Cum Reliability Trials (AUCRT) of the Arjun MBT were conducted from September 2007 to summer of 2008. In a report to the Parliamentary standing committee the Indian army deemed Arjun's performance unsatisfactory, including four engine failures within only 1000 kilometres.[57] The defence minister presented this report before the parliament, later published by Press Information Bureau Government of India (PIB).[58]
The Army wrote in the report that during the "accelerated user-cum-reliability trials" in 2008, the Arjun "was found to have failure of power packs, low accuracy and consistency, failure of hydropneumatic suspension units, shearing of top rollers and chipping of gun barrels".[21] Sabotage was suspected, but the Army rejected that any sabotage happened during the trials.[10][59] A later report published by the Government of India during the induction ceremony of the Arjun tank, confirms the success of the trial. "An independent evaluation of the tank by a reputed tank manufacturer found that the MBT Arjun is an excellent tank with very good mobility and fire power characteristics."[60] DRDO installed an instrument to function as a black box in the Arjun, following attempts to "sabotage" its engine.[61]
Subsequently in September 2008, the Indian Army signed a deal with Russia to import 347 T-90 tanks and license build a further 1000.[62][63][64] Transfer of key T-90 technologies has also been agreed upon as a part of the deal.[65][66]

Arjun (tank) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I dont Know what about Arjun MK2,but I only Know that Arjun MK1 is Failure.

So stop you're stupid Al khalid-1 v/s Arjun Mk-1 comparison, cuz AK-1 isn't in service yet while Arjun Mk-1 has been in active service for years and Mk-2 is undergoing trials right now.

The Indian Army ordered 124 Arjuns in 2000, expected to cost US$471.2 million.
Early development versions of the Arjun were held by 43 Armoured Regiment which were shown in display in the Republic Day Parade of 2001.The first batch of 16 production version Arjun tanks were received in 2004 and they were provided as a squadron to the 43rd Armoured Regiment. The regiment was later made up to 45 tanks on 25 May 2009 making it the first Arjun regiment of the Indian Army. More than 100 tanks have been delivered to the Indian Army by June 2011. The latest regiment to be completely equipped by the Arjun tank is 75 Armoured Regiment which was the last regiment in the Indian Army to hold the T-55 tank.

Al-Khalid I – Upgraded variant in testing as of April 2009.

320 Al-Khalids have been in active service from 2001.

In 1988-1989 two prototypes underwent automotive trials, which revealed major deficiencies in mobility, engine, and transmission.[48] .............

Its far better than your russian copycats rustcans that your CCP uses in propagandu videos.

In 1988-1989 two prototypes underwent automotive trials, which revealed major deficiencies in mobility, engine, and transmission.[48]

Arjun (tank) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last time i saw china most Successful tank , cant fire while on move , its video posted on your tube.

IA will not even consider that junk for testing but Chinese Army introduce it in large number and called it scuessfull , Even our failed Arjun tank is far better then Chinese successful tank

IA will not even consider that junk for testing but Chinese Army introduce it in large number and called it scuessfull , Even our failed Arjun tank is far better then Chinese successful tank
Do not say that again...Coz u missed something, just u thaught by urself inside India.

I find ur joke here ↓
Last time i saw china most Successful tank , cant fire while on move

China ZTZ99G and ZTZ96A MBT moving shoot
5521247620130121125134085.gif

5521247620130121125248086.gif

5521247620130121125601029.gif

5521247620130121125908011.gif

5521247620130121130131038.gif

Pls follow Leio's PLA Photo thread, ths.

Last time i saw china most Successful tank , cant fire while on move , its video posted on your tube.

:rofl:foolish boy!

TYPE-98 the National Day Parade in 1999
9510371.jpg

TYPE-99G (deploying version)
1182536103.2780626.jpg

TYPE-99A the National Day Parade in 2009 (deploying version)
Type-99-MBT-PLA-1S.jpg

Your vidio is Type 96/Type 88C (a third generation MBT but with a second-generation Fire Control )
Type 96 as a 2.5 generation MBT only Fire Power better than Type90
type_96.jpg

Type 96A (2500 Type 96s updated to Type 96A what add Reactive armour and a third generation Fire Control )
Type 96A before 2009
1355536116_48140800.jpg

Type 96A After 2009
200941791740890.jpg

By the way, Al-Khalid better than Type 96 because it uses a modern fire-control system (a third generation Fire Control ) integrated with night-fighting equipment and is capable of firing many types of anti-tank rounds as well as guided anti-tank missiles.

@Teeta nobody will give the official doc about arjun mbt which comes under classified. You need to first know that before showing your arrogance and ignorance here.

@hurt Arjun MBT 2 is far more superior than Arjun MBT 1, the armour, electronic systems and gun are fine tuned. Arjun MBT 2 will rock the battle filed.

@hurt Arjun MBT 2 is far more superior than Arjun MBT 1, the armour, electronic systems and gun are fine tuned. Arjun MBT 2 will rock the battle filed.

Arjun MBT 2 is only a legend.

I cant believe that Arjun MBT 2 will rock the battle filed, If your base of comparison is Arjun MBT 1 as a Failure ,

now I only saw 124 arjun Mk1 and 807 T-90s in Indian Army , its means that 120 mm rifled tank gun better thank 125mm?

well chek again we have ordered 124 MK1 & 124 MK2 as of now and after trails there is a very strong possibility of a very big order of MK2s

now about the second part well if that was not the case (120 mm rifled tank gun better thank 125mm?) why are we & british using it one more thing we deu to lack of exposer in the strating (when arjun was initially designed had many tech issues deu to embargoes & economy) so now they bieng taken care to a very big extend plus the latest inputs from Russians , Israelies & French aswell we are getting the results at a very fast pace so dont worry we will gwet there and the same Arjun which is made fun of by Pakistanies & chinese alike will show its mettele just give some time & thanks a lot for your concern buddy God Bless you :cheers:

:rofl:foolish boy!

TYPE-98 the National Day Parade in 1999
9510371.jpg

TYPE-99G (deploying version)
1182536103.2780626.jpg

TYPE-99A the National Day Parade in 2009 (deploying version)
Type-99-MBT-PLA-1S.jpg

Your vidio is Type 96/Type 88C (a third generation MBT but with a second-generation Fire Control )
Type 96 as a 2.5 generation MBT only Fire Power better than Type90
type_96.jpg

Type 96A (2500 Type 96s updated to Type 96A what add Reactive armour and a third generation Fire Control )
Type 96A before 2009
1355536116_48140800.jpg

Type 96A After 2009
200941791740890.jpg

By the way, Al-Khalid better than Type 96 because it uses a modern fire-control system (a third generation Fire Control ) integrated with night-fighting equipment and is capable of firing many types of anti-tank rounds as well as guided anti-tank missiles.

Well god bless china for its advancement in every field deu to its hard work

now about firing latest missiles well arjun already does the same

LAHAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

about the second part as of now

The computerised fire control system aboard Arjun has been jointly developed by DRDO with the Elbit,Israel.[33] The Fire Control System is stabilised on two axes, and with an extremely high hit probability (design criteria call for a greater than 0.9 Pk) replaces an earlier analogue one, which had problems due to its inability to function under the harsh desert conditions.[17] The combined day sight from Bharat Electronics Ltd. and the thermal imager (formerly from Sagem, now reported to be from El-Op) constitute the gunner's primary sight. The first batch of tanks of the 124 ordered by the Army will have an all-digital Sagem FCS, whereas the second block will have the BEL unit, which will be used for all units thereafter. The commander's own stabilised panoramic sight allows him to engage targets and/or hand them over to the gunner.[34] The Arjun has an auxiliary power unit to operate weapon systems in silent watch mode as well.[9][35][36]
The tank incorporates GPS-based navigation systems and sophisticated frequency hopping radios. The state-of-the-art Battlefield Management System, co-developed by DRDO and Ebit Israel, allows it to network with other fighting units.[37] The Arjun has the capability to network with other tanks, thanks to its Battle Management System. In a search and engage operation, several Arjun tanks can monitor an opponent and his moves, and try to eliminate him in a chase or ambush.

so cheers buddy

I cant believe that Arjun MBT 2 will rock the battle filed, If your base of comparison is Arjun MBT 1 as a Failure ,

well buddy dont beleve we are not dying eother if you are not going to beleve we beleve in phylosophy of slow and steady and its doing the job for us just fine

:cheers:

Arjun MBT 1 is not a failure it performed better than T-90 during trials.

some of the tech used in Merkava is enhanced and used in Arjun MBT 2, some indigenous stuff also integrated.

well chek again we have ordered 124 MK1 & 124 MK2 as of now and after trails there is a very strong possibility of a very big order of MK2s

we have ordered 124 MK1 & 124 MK2

:rofl:
The Indian Army ordered 124 Arjuns in 2000.
The first batch of 16 production version Arjun tanks were received in 2004.
The regiment was later made up to 45 tanks on 25 May 2009.
More than 100 tanks have been delivered to the Indian Army by June 2011.

let us waiting for your MK2.

now about the second part well if that was not the case (120 mm rifled tank gun better thank 125mm?) why are we & british using it one more thing we deu to lack of exposer in the strating (when arjun was initially designed had many tech issues deu to embargoes & economy) so now they bieng taken care to a very big extend plus the latest inputs from Russians , Israelies & French aswell we are getting the results at a very fast pace so dont worry we will gwet there and the same Arjun which is made fun of by Pakistanies & chinese alike will show its mettele just give some time & thanks a lot for your concern buddy God Bless you :cheers:

The only reason is that :

When the development of the Arjuns began in 1972 by the CVRDE, the largest main gun is only The Royal Ordnance L11A5 in the world.

Rheinmetall 120 mm gun from 1979.
GIAT CN120-26/52 from 1990.
IMI 120 mm gun from 1989.

The only reason is that :

When the development of the Arjuns began in 1972 by the CVRDE, the largest main gun is only The Royal Ordnance L11A5 in the world.

Rheinmetall 120 mm gun from 1979.
GIAT CN120-26/52 from 1990.
IMI 120 mm gun from 1989.

Arjun design was changed few time with in itself. Initially it was 40 ton tank, & you are saying that we were going to put such a large caliber in 40 ton tank (only chines can do that) :hang3:

& what I find in Google that Al-Khalid was initially equipped with chines gun which was later rejected & replaced by Ukranian one.

Now I can imagine the quality of Chines gun.:pop:

Arjun MBT 1 is not a failure it performed better than T-90 during trials.

some of the tech used in Merkava is enhanced and used in Arjun MBT 2, some indigenous stuff also integrated.

Arjun MBT 1 performed better than T-90s( 1995 ) until 2010,its main that its a rubbish before 2010.

Back
Top Bottom