What's new

Philippines, China eye compromise to end standoff

Isn't it?:eek:

really????I thought it was well under Chinese EEZ.. :rofl: :rofl:

by the way...its under Philippines EEZ as per international rule (200 nautical mile) ...and its distance from Philippines is just 137 nautical miles

The problem is we are just being too nice to them, countries like vietnam india and to a certain extend philipine you just have to be really aggressive toward them then they will listen and come to a negoiation table.anything else before that is a complete waste of time.

really????I thought it was well under Chinese EEZ.. :rofl: :rofl:

by the way...its under Philippines EEZ as per international rule (200 nautical mile) ...and its distance from Philippines is just 137 nautical miles

China made a legitimate claim to the islands and until matters are settled, it's considered international water.

China made a legitimate claim to the islands and until matters are settled, it's considered international water.

then say it a disputed territory..but still...its under Philippines EEZ and not China's(not yet..because it is not "Settled" and its too far from your mainland)..so,your fisherman shouldn't be there...so legitimate claim or not..looks like law is on Philippines side..

Ah! China backing down as usual after blowing a lot of hot air (read: Methane). So what's new? :toast_sign:

then say it a disputed territory..but still...its under Philippines EEZ and not China's(not yet..because it is not "Settled" and its too far from your mainland)..so,your fisherman shouldn't be there...so legitimate claim or not..looks like law is on Philippines side..

It is a disputed territory so it is not international water. The fisherman was there to avoid bad weather. Filipino's biggest warship shouldn't be in a disputed water, and to arrest civilians.

The Chinese Embassy said the fishing boats had taken shelter from a storm in the lagoon and accused Philippine troops of harassment. (quote from the article)

yes, you are the son of america, don't worry, we will stand on back of you.

really? forget 1962?

It is a disputed territory so it is not international water. The fisherman was there to avoid bad weather. Filipino's biggest warship shouldn't be in a disputed water, and to arrest civilians.

it is international water buddy..because it is no country's border(unless you accept that Philippines own that island)..and EEZ is also within International water.but as it is within Philippines EEZ,so they can dispatch anything they want(i think),because it is not your EEZ..if this area intersect with your present EEZ(not what you claimed)..then your fisherman can be there...else...you know...

The Chinese Embassy said the fishing boats had taken shelter from a storm in the lagoon and accused Philippine troops of harassment. (quote from the article)

well..Philippines said they were fishing and poaching..

yes, you are the son of america, don't worry, we will stand on back of you.

really? forget 1962?

wrong attitude buddy....i gave you answer of your comment and discussion'll go other way...if you have any info to share..then share..or else..you know what i mean..

it is international water buddy..because it is no country's border(unless you accept that Philippines own that island)..and EEZ is also within International water.but as it is within Philippines EEZ,so they can dispatch anything they want(i think),because it is not your EEZ..if this area intersect with your present EEZ(not what you claimed)..then your fisherman can be there...else...you know...

well..Philippines said they were fishing and poaching..

wrong attitude buddy....i gave you answer of your comment and discussion'll go other way...if you have any info to share..then share..or else..you know what i mean..

So both sides have their claims, what else is new.

( gota run)

Those islands are within the Philippines' EEZ , as pertained and guaranteed by UNCLOS, which was signed and also recognized by the People's Republic of China. As a signatory of that, The PRC are to uphold and respect that agreement.

When the United States Navy had naval bases in Subic, we used to help patrol that region with the Philippine Navy and China never dared send ships to the region. After our withdrawal, seeing that the Philippines is a weak country, the Chinese have been more militant and started claiming that region as theirs. However, when the Philippines was a Spanish Colony, and later an American Protectorate, the Chinese governments never patrolled these waters. As they were recognized as part of the Spanish Philipines, and later part of the Independent Republic of the Philippines.

I can assure you that during the governments of the Qing Dynasty, Sun Yat Sen and by Jiang Jieshi (Chiang Kai Shek), there were no Chinese naval forces claiming the spratleys or the Scarborough shoal.

The United States , as reiterated by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has RE-AFFIRMED its historical and strategic military alliance with the Philippines. If the Philippines is attacked, the United States will get INVOLVED. That is a guarantee.

The United States lost almost 60,000 of our marines when we took the Philippines from Imperial Japan in 1944. We could have bypassed them vis-a-vis the island hopping campaign, but we Liberated the Philippines and much American Blood were lost to free our Filipino brothers in arms.

The United States and the Philippines have a very special and strategic relationship. The United States will steam the entire Pacific Fleet to aid the Philippines if it were attacked. That is GUARANTEED. She is part of the American Nuclear Umbrella.

new is their claim on EEZ is valid..

Absolutely. As valid as the US-Philippine Mutual Defense Treaty. :)

destroyer_1.jpg

Not quite the same like as you have mentioned. Being that; no individual including external partie/s is/are allowed to carry out any forbidden activities within the disputed territories without the consent of all involved parties or until the disputed claim is solved.

Having said that, EZZ DOES NOT automatically include those territories that have already being claimed. So the claimant actually have to have provide evidence for appeal before the relevant Mediating coucil in order to allow mediation on the dispute.

I believed that China has already make claim of Spartly islands with historical evidences and maps, however, the challenging part here is that there are so many islands that are spreading across a wide area and it is a very time consuming and tedious worksto do a complete and thorough exercise to determine the claim/s.

Back
Top Bottom