What's new

‘PEL can capture 20% of Indian fridge market’

Two ways they can succeed. No one here in India has heard of the brand and in a brand-conscious market, it is better to start small for a few years and prove your credibility. And secondly price your products to the lower bracket in the industry which will enable them to get some base customers. Rest all depends on the actual product quality and service here in India.

They'll be gobbled up here. They don't have much competition back in Pakistan, but India is a completely different scenario.
BTW can some pakistani member tell me how much does Rs 28,750 mean in Indian rupees. Because that is apparently the cost of 9.5kg WM Ecom 900 or sumthing. I have a 8kg washing machine purchased for Rs 20k [not sure] in 2010 I think.

what ???????? they have same comptition here which international company is not in pakistan ? LG- SAMSUNG- MITSUBISHI- PHILIPS -INDISET- NATIONAL- GREE -OREANT- TCL -ACSON- BLACK&DACKER SONASHI -KENWOOD- HAIER also SUPER ASIA -WAVES -ELECTROLUX - DOWLANCE national companies give them hard time here .

BTW

28,750.00 PKR = 16,903.78 INR

today XE rates

The white goods market in India is verry different from the international market, if the price quality and service is good for PEL it will do well. All the best.

on a lighter note...
did Sir Zaid Hamid approve this step of pel? lol

It would be interesting to see how PEL would position itself for Indian markets. After all it from the 'enemy country'.

on a lighter note...
did Sir Zaid Hamid approve this step of pel? lol
After Ghazwa-e-hind flopped. He came out with a new plan. Apparently, giving India MFN and selling India washing machines is the first step of it.
The last is the same as usual. Lal topi standing atop the Red Fort in Dilli.

i personally feel that PEl must also try to capture UAE and middle east market as well.. not only with refrigerators but also with transformers and switchgears.. on which ABB and Siemens have monopoly here..

i personally feel that PEl must also try to capture UAE and middle east market as well.. not only with refrigerators but also with transformers and switchgears.. on which ABB and Siemens have monopoly here..

they are working in africa dear lolz they crossed ME :D

After Ghazwa-e-hind flopped. He came out with a new plan. Apparently, giving India MFN and selling India washing machines is the first step of it.
The last is the same as usual. Lal topi standing atop the Red Fort in Dilli.
:rofl:
OMG. they are going to invade us with refrigerators? lol
sir zaid is a rockstar!

they are working in africa dear lolz they crossed ME :D

actually this is my professional field thats why i referred to that.. why only EU companies get monopoly worldwide.. just thinking loud.. and to my Indian fellas..please hold your breath.. your reaction is like a punjabi saying which says that 'theft luggage is usually in more hurry than a theif itself'.. lolzz

20% of Indian market...do u even know how much bigger it is ? Do they have that much production capacity to even aim for such target ? Wet dreams I shall say

Competing with local Indian companies ? ever heard of Godrej ?

It would be interesting to see how PEL would position itself for Indian markets. After all it from the 'enemy country'.

We've Indian UPSs available here in the local market with the name Luminus/Luminous under some trade agreement with the Govt of Pakistan... and tell you what they are doing pretty awesome, the most reliable and trusted UPS in Pakistan (in Peshawar atleast that's from where I belong), and honestly speaking people buys it regardless of it from enemy state, general public don't give a damn if it's from India or America.

PEL is a very good company and they make reliable and quality stuff, we've a decade old AC still rocking and chilling the room, I'm sure you Indians would like it's products.

We've Indian UPSs available here in the local market with the name Luminus/Luminous under some trade agreement with the Govt of Pakistan... and tell you what they are doing pretty awesome, the most reliable and trusted UPS in Pakistan (in Peshawar atleast from I belong), and honestly speaking people buys it regardless of it from enemy state, general public don't give a damn if it's from India or America.

PEL is a very good company and they make reliable and quality stuff, we've a decade old AC still rocking and chilling the room, I'm sure you Indians would like it's products.
Damn right....people don't care from which country equipment comes from as long as it works well.

If the product was good, then PEL will be selling like hot cake...
They need a good marketing strategy to win the market !!

We've Indian UPSs available here in the local market with the name Luminus/Luminous under some trade agreement with the Govt of Pakistan... and tell you what they are doing pretty awesome, the most reliable and trusted UPS in Pakistan (in Peshawar atleast from I belong), and honestly speaking people buys it regardless of it from enemy state, general public don't give a damn if it's from India or America.

Don’t get me wrong. Products could be good but fail. Good brands rarely fail.

UPSs are altogether different category. White good segment is a different category. Brand/associations matter a lot in White good segment. If PEL wants to capture 20% of Indian market positioning/branding is very important, after all it has to compete with likes of Samsung, LG etc….

PEL will have two major tasks in hand regarding the branding: 1) Changing the Indian consumer perspective that Pakistan can produce something that is Hi tech (Unfortunately, Pakistan is not associated with the capacity to produce tech goods in India) 2) The name ‘Pakistan’ itself produce mixed reactions in Indian consumers mind (Again, unlike in Pakistan, where people are accustomed to seeing Indian products, Indian consumers are not accustomed to see Pakistani ones)

I say a major challenge.

Back
Top Bottom