What's new

Parting Shot : Defence Minister Says,' MoD only Ministry Which Was Above Politics, Leaving Behind Ar

Ak Antony can be summed up with this simple statement..."good honest man...WORST defense minister EVER!!!"

My problem is, that he made a personal PR show out of it, which then lets to his political career and now (as some BJP supporters stated) might even get him to be DM.

Couldn't agree more. Unworthy of a man of his stature definitely.

However, it could actually work in our favor, cause he's bound to enjoy far greater autonomy as a DM, making it possible for him to effectively take on anti-corruption measures, something he couldn't do as freely when he was the Chief. He's a soldier at the end of the day, he cannot possibly match the 'low moral' standards of our politicians even if he attempts to.

It's mainly a generalization, everything is bad in defence => everything he did was bad and that's what I am against.

Human behavior I would say, and is not restricted to defence alone. Indians specialize in this.

Hasn't he? Can anybody tell me the last curruption case in the defence that actually included a politician or one official under Antony?

He is vicariously liable, with the officers under his command. It doesn't make sense in most of the cases, but that is how an organization functions.

But that requires a more balanced view for us, taken all people accountable for their wrong doings and that in a much stronger way.

Very true. People do need to take a balanced view.

But being the defense minister, one could certainly expect him to develop a mechanism to check on corruption? But yeah, you're right, had he compromised on his morals and executed the deals irrespective of any wrongdoings, he wouldn't be this severely criticized cause we would only have seen our defense preparedness, which is, at the end of the day, all what counts, and this is where he went wrong, or shall I say, chose a rocky road to walk on.

Last edited:
But yeah, you're right, had he compromised on his morals and executed the deals irrespective of any wrongdoings, he wouldn't be this severely criticized cause we would only have seen our defense preparedness, which is, at the end of the day, all what counts, and this is where he went wrong, or shall I say, chose a rocky road to walk on.

And that's the issue, we are far away from not beeing prepared, let alone weak in defence and that ALTHOUGH it tried to keep the system clean, which actually should work for him as a sign that it is possible to strenghten the forces, the Indian defence industy and at the same time reduce corruption in defence!
But at the end of the day, people only see what they want to see and with that habbit nothing will change in India, neither corruption, nor improved indigenous developments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom