What's new

Pakistan's Special Operations Forces: SSG | SSGN | SSW | SOW | SOG

hey i heard pakistan sent a few ssg boys over during the gulf war when the saudis were afraid that sadam might attak the royal family and i thought that the ssg guys were there to protect the kabah during the hajj. i also want to know whether the paksitani army has troops in saudi arabia at this point in time i heard they had an entire regiment there could be wrong

hey i heard pakistan sent a few ssg boys over during the gulf war when the saudis were afraid that sadam might attak the royal family and i thought that the ssg guys were there to protect the kabah during the hajj. i also want to know whether the paksitani army has troops in saudi arabia at this point in time i heard they had an entire regiment there could be wrong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Pakistan

Don't know about that but here is something interesting: The Pakistani military's close ties to the nations of the Middle East are based on a combination of geography and shared religion. The closest ties are with Saudi Arabia--a sporadically generous patron; much of the equipment bought from the United States during the 1980s, for example, was paid for by the Saudis. The smaller Persian Gulf states also have been sources of important financial support. The flow of benefits has been reciprocated. Beginning in the 1960s, Pakistanis have been detailed as instructors and trainers in Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Libya, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates. Pakistani pilots, sailors, and technicians have played key roles in some Persian Gulf military forces, and Arabs have been trained both in their home countries and in military training establishments in Pakistan.

We had a Div presence during GWI. Prior to that, Pakistan maintained a Bde level strength in KSA. Supposedly there is another agreement in place for renewed Pakistani troops presence in KSA.

yeah i heard that pakistan is sending another 15000 troops tp KSA. i also read in the NYT that pakistan has troops in more than 22 different countries. does any body here has a list of those countries. it was printed in New York Times so it must be true

yeah i heard that pakistan is sending another 15000 troops tp KSA. i also read in the NYT that pakistan has troops in more than 22 different countries. does any body here has a list of those countries. it was printed in New York Times so it must be true

NY Times is no doubt a very respectable paper but it is very right wing and they are expert 'Spin Doctors'. I have read James Buckley articles in the 70's when working for Esso in New York.; I would take any news they print with a pinch of salt.

It is however true that UN and foriegn deputation is favoured by PA officers and men due to a multiple jump in their emoluments. I asked one of my cousins about it and was advised that foreign postings were so popular and financially rewarding, that one has to forego seniority in service if selected for UN expeditions abroad.

I HAVE HEARD ABOUT SSG TRAINING..............THEY ARE REALLY SPECIAL........!

I have seen guys training near mangla.

Pakistan's foremost CT outfit, SSG's Zarrar company, is based in Tarbela (Mangla) and there are considerable facilities (like Kill-houses) built in Mangla for the training of the CT operators in the company. In the future, they may be moved over to Islamabad/Pindi area so they can be dispatched from a more central location in case some CT opportunity arises anywhere else in Pakistan.

a good question from my personnal account i had to walk 2 miles for santry duty in saudi but the saudi troop were depending on there wealth i guy use to come from santry duty in a caprice.
SSG protecting the royal family is another credit for the SSG's supermacy

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom