What's new

Pakistan's minorities minister Shahbaz Bhatti assassinated

no thats wrong there many hindu sikhs christians minister in pakistan cabinet this is a first minister who is killed in minorities

He is also the first minority minister to speak out against the blasphemy laws..

or correct me if iam wrong..i.e., other hindu sikh christian ministers were never targetted even if they had spoken against blasphemy laws?

Pakistan minorities minister shot dead in Islamabad
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12617562
Shahbaz Bhatti had said he had been threatened, but that he would not be intimidate

Pakistan's Minorities Minister, Shahbaz Bhatti, has died after two gunmen opened fire on his car in the capital, Islamabad, hospital officials say.

He was travelling to work when through a residential district when his vehicle was sprayed with bullets, police said.

Mr Bhatti, a Christian, is a leader of the ruling Pakistan People's Party.

In January, he told the BBC he would defy death threats he had received from Islamist militants for his efforts to reform the country's blasphemy law.

The blasphemy law holds a death sentence for anyone who insults Islam, but Mr Bhatti said it had been used to persecute minority faiths.

"I was told that if I was to continue the campaign against the blasphemy law, I will be assassinated. I will be beheaded. But forces of violence, forces of extremism cannot harass me, cannot threaten me," he said.

On 4 January, Punjab provincial governor Salman Taseer, who had also strongly opposed the law, was shot dead by one of his bodyguards.

where was his security detail??

BR Forum reporting following details

He was traveling in a bullet proof car. The car was stopped, he was pulled out and shot. And the assailants had time to scatter fatwas, TTP literature and then saunter over to their getaway car and drive off.

Shocking, I can't believe this happened again.

I thought the ire exhibited at Taseer's killing would be enough to deter repeat actions. This just cannot be buried under the rugs, the Mullahs will have to be fought. I urge all patriotic Pakistanis, Muslims/non-Muslims alike to fight for Pakistan and don't hand it over to these crazy nutjobs killing in the name or religion. With each murder our voices should get only louder. We Muslims believe death is pre-determined, so no point in cowering down after such incidents, stick it up to these Mullahs even harder and fight till you can't.

Otherwise there is no Pakistan and without Pakistan we have no identity.

RIP to him and may God give courage to his family....

Now back to business ......Kick your interior minister .....
I was under impression that Indian ministers are shameless but ... Rehman Malik is head of all shameless ministers in south asia...
with such a worst situation of law and order .. he should be out of job time ago...

He will not be kicked out till he continues to do his job of makeing his daily rants on foreign hand..

The day he starts looking for some one else..he will be kicked out...

where was his security detail??

I wouldn't be surprised if his security tipped off the assassins. Late Salman Taseer was killed by his own body guard who btw has been hailed a hero. These assassins should come forward as well and enjoy their instant stardom. :tdown:

^^^ Maybe sing few holy naatts in police custody {reference to Qadri}

RIP to him and may God give courage to his family....

Now back to business ......Kick your interior minister .....
I was under impression that Indian ministers are shameless but ... Rehman Malik is head of all shameless ministers in south asia...
with such a worst situation of law and order .. he should be out of job time ago...

Exactly. With all this Rest in peace and mourning. A much reasonable post. We missed the most important point. This all happened due to ineptness, incompetence of this govt. If forgot that this blasphemy law is a very sensitive issue and it tried to solve it with typical mitti pao attitude. First late governor of punjab reacted unnecessarily in the Asia bibi case. If he wanted to help her he could have helped her legally in courts but instead he started exhibiting his liberalism through press conferences. Govt also didn't stop him from this. Than later when govt realized the intensity of this situation they deserted him and he was left alone by his party and the govt. The govt also didn't provide him the necessary help which resulted in the death of Salman Taseer. Then govt announced that it won't revise blasphemy laws and practically falsified what Salamn taseer was fighting for. And then it didn't provide proper security to this minister which resulted in this unfortunate incident. The fact it is mishandling by this govt which costed these two lives. And shame on Rehman Malik, he is indeed the most incompetent minister PPP could ever had if we compare him to Naseerullah Babur.

Interior minister should serve his nation not a group of people or just play with emotions of people ... We people (both side of border) are too emotional and always ready to blame other for our incompetency ..

but at the end first he should leave his chair and second GOP should take some strong stand on issue ...

Back
Top Bottom