What's new

Pakistan's Historic and Rich Architecture.

0750faec2198a0d7f2cf228f9736b175.jpg

Karachi during rush hour

38febba9bc357c76929e2c9e18a292db.jpg

Main entrance of the historic Badshahi Masjid, built in 1673 by the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in Lahore

c6e617fcfe83a5a8b93f6872b35fb796.jpg

A closeup of the Shahjehan Masjid built in the reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan. It is located in Thatta, Sindh province of Pakistan. It is included in the UNESCO World Heritage and has been to preserved since its entry.

2ff307479a4d12fe317dc2bb205f33cb.jpg

Karachi Expo Centre, Karachi

Pictures of Taxila. Taxila is an important archaeological site in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It contains the ruins of the Gandharan city of Takshashila (also Takkasila or Taxila) an important Buddhist centre of learning from the 6th century BCE to the 5th century BCE. Alexander the Great walked through Taxila and also left his mark. In 1980, Taxila was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site with multiple locations

55a9d15ca47eef899f7b85f5630284ba.jpg

762c9856ceba04e3a3426f85352947e3.jpg

84e4dc9c595405936452dabe544d2af5.jpg

The Dharmarajika stupa, Taxila.

29d3e91c086fe4f88d10771498302281.jpg

f2eeb7a684aeac4e202418af18466433.jpg

An ancient monument depicting seven earths and seven skies. It is located in one of the archaeological sites near Taxila.

Jaulian, a World Heritage Site at Taxila

a000245f711792e76efe9f079022f49c.jpg

A coin from 2nd century BCE Taxila

d91cab6dcee867d046ec8822f89324bd.jpg

Ancient Stupa base at Sirkap, decorated with Hindu, Buddhist, and Greek temple fronts in Taxila.

Last edited:
Yes all of them are under construction except for Mubarak Centre, which is a proposed plan..but I dont think they should build too much modern buildings in Lahore because Lahore is the cultural hub of Pakistan and is known as the Mughal capital. Its architecture is influenced by the Mughal empire, and I like its architecture the way it is.

Karachi is the economic hub of Pakistan and Islamabad is the capital so it makes sense to build new modern buildings in those cities.

You can learn more about these new delopmental projects here List of tallest buildings in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mubarak center is approved and underconstruction, but at a really slow pace. They started digging.

bd03343b29d78029ae0be2aa917633b8.jpg

Taxila Museum, 35 km from Islamabad
Taxila was excavated by Sir John Marshall, who's personal residence is near the present day museum. Sir John was one of the most dedicated Colonial archaelogists.

I remeber this museum, i went there when i was like 8 or sumthing, theres a skeleton of a whale in there, thta wt i remeber abt it :):victory::victory::pakistan:

Omar thanks for the lovely pictures.

Last edited:
Any photos of Pakistan's indegenous architecture?

All the photos on this thread are Pakistan's indegenous architecture. To see all these places you must visit Pakistan. All of them still stand today in Pakistan, except the ones that are planned projects for future architecture of Pakistan, which are undergoing construction. Pakistani Archeologists along with the help of foreign archeologists have done a great job preserving these historic architecture in Pakistan.

And if you dont believe me, you can do a research of these places. I provided the name of each place in my posts along with the pictures.
All these places are in Pakistan :pakistan:

Last edited:
All the photos on this thread are Pakistan's indegenous architecture. To see all these places you must visit Pakistan. All of them still stand today in Pakistan, except the ones that are planned projects for future architecture of Pakistan, which are undergoing construction. Pakistani Archeologists along with the help of foreign archeologists have done a great job preserving these historic architecture in Pakistan.

And if you dont believe me, you can do a research of these places. I provided the name of each place in my posts along with the pictures.
All these places are in Pakistan :pakistan:

:lol: Yes, I'm quite sure that all these buildings are in Pakistan.

What I'm saying is that do you have any pictures of pre-Islamic architecture in Pakistan.

You have posted mostly Islamic and Colonial buildings, and a few modern ones.

:lol: Yes, I'm quite sure that all these buildings are in Pakistan.

What I'm saying is that do you have any pictures of pre-Islamic architecture in Pakistan.

You have posted mostly Islamic and Colonial buildings, and a few modern ones.

I have posted many pictures of architecture from Indus Valley Civilization and Taxila found in Pakistan. Go to the first page to see pictures of architecture from Indus Valley Civilization and there's pictures from Taxila also posted in this thread.

I have posted many pictures of architecture from Indus Valley Civilization and Taxila found in Pakistan. Go to the first page to see pictures of architecture from Indus Valley Civilization and there's pictures from Taxila also posted in this thread.

IVC is Ancient, and so is Taxila. What about architecture between say 300 AD and 800 AD. (Middle Ages)

Back
Top Bottom