What's new

Pakistan's first sovereign debt default

But you are missing out on 10% worth of double counting that probably happened during the time of Musharraf that gave an impression of economy doing well in his time

Double-counting: GDP overestimated, may be slashed by 10% – The Express Tribune
Its not about that, it is being argued that the Army rule always saw a better economy. That has happened for a number of reasons, in case of Musharraf it was the US funding and we can take examples of previous army rules too..

So, my point being, how is it that people can say that their economy is bad just because of PPP and not because of the power hungry Army which never allowed democracy to take roots and fix accountability?

@Abhimanyu

Double counting happened in Zardari period. Besides, youre bringing out a Express Tribune link? B&%#* please.

I doubt it since in Zardari's time the Pakistani economy has barely grown at 2-3 % every year.. Not much scope for double counting. It was only in Musharraf's time that the economy grew at a unreal speed. Also in a dictatorship, there is not much transparency and is much easier to fudge data

@Abhimanyu

What do you mean "unreal"? Pkistan has always been growing like that. Sorry to wake your sorry self up :wave:

@Abhimanyu

What do you mean "unreal"? Pkistan has always been growing like that. Sorry to wake your sorry self up :wave:
And care to explain the wars you guys were involved in for which you guys were getting funding from US?

@Abhimanyu

:lol:.. With hindsight, its pretty obvious that Musharraf not only subverted the constitution of Pakistan but also defrauded the country by fudging numbers :)

35hiczp.jpg

@samantk

US Funding only goes to the military NOT to the govt. Get that in your head. Even if US had given funding to GoP you cannot handle 8% growth with the aid US gave us.

@Abhimanyu

Fail chart.

@samantk

US Funding only goes to the military NOT to the govt. Get that in your head. Even if US had given funding to GoP you cannot handle 8% growth with the aid US gave us.

The funding during his time went to not just military, unless you can prove that. The major investments came from US.

He put up a reliable source, do you have a better source?

800px-Pakistan_gdp_growth_rate.svg.png

@samantk

I already said, that if the US had even given all of it's aid to Pakistan, you still cannot clock 8% growth....

@Abhimanyu

You would have known that real GDP rate - inflation = GDP growth rate. There was huge inflation during Zardari tenure. Don't bring up conspiracy theories please. :)

800px-Pakistan_gdp_growth_rate.svg.png

@samantk

I already said, that if the US had even given all of it's aid to Pakistan, you still cannot clock 8% growth...
The graph you posted also had only one year of 8% growth the average was around 5%

@Abhimanyu

You would have known that real GDP rate - inflation = GDP growth rate. There was huge inflation during Zardari tenure. Don't bring up conspiracy theories please. :)

Dude, the graph i posted in IMF / World bank Date, which is net of inflation.. I will take that over FBS of Pakistan any day.. Specially since the revelation of fudged up numbers upto 10% of GDP came tumbling out of the closet ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom