What's new

Pakistan's disappearing temples and churches

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why the hell shud we even care ideally, for something in Pakistan. you are responsible for your heritage. Stop your age old habit of begging outside and not take responsibility of your house. Indians actually dont care what happen in Pakistan. As i said we talk bout hindus only coz you leaving all that happening in Pakistani social circle, focus on Indian muslims. As simple as that.

So you Indians are just using name of Pakistani Hindus for satisfying your bruised ego and hiding behind excuses viz a viz sorry state of your own minorities. :)

quiet macho ;)

There are 400 to 500 Hindus left in Peshawar, even if they protest no one will take it seriously......:P

There is one mandir which got opened recently and good thing about mandir in Peshawar is that they are safe and secure from radicals ...... :cheers:

Before partition Hindus are close to 10000 , I think ..... :P

I dont believe in disappointment laden ideas :) i believe even 4 individuals protesting together will be the fist and right step.

Oh BTW everyone listen, you need to stand up.

Peshawar people are open minded about our other brothers and sisters. I visit mandir near my office just as solidarity with my people. Though due to security reasons there are hurdles in visiting but then have to use connections.

On the other hand it pains me that in my province historical Hindu and Buddhist heritage of Pakistan is going unnoticed.

I am desperate to even beg (if thats what Indians call it) , for preserving it.

i dont think so. Its all about commitment both on the part of the oppressed and the oppressor.

Actually it varies with one's perception how we interpret our own version of oppression. Just for example, a runway extension project in Calcutta has been delayed for decades for a small 110 years old mosque close in. Authorities had to redraw maps and spend extra money to carry on the project as the locals did not want the project so close to the mosque. People hardly come to know such facts and only bend to stress upon the fact that India is a country that destroyed Babri.

I dont believe in disappointment laden ideas :) i believe even 4 individuals protesting together will be the fist and right step.

Oh BTW everyone listen, you need to stand up.

Peshawar people are open minded about our other brothers and sisters. I visit mandir near my office just as solidarity with my people. Though due to security reasons there are hurdles in visiting but then have to use connections.

On the other hand it pains me that in my province historical Hindu and Buddhist heritage of Pakistan is going unnoticed.

I am desperate to even beg (if thats what Indians call it) , for preserving it.

Oh .... that is Great !!!!! :tup:

Attitude should be like that, Executing the task is whole different thing.

Good to know the attitude of you regarding minorities, Pakistani Govt. is taking steps to preserve temples and Buddhist heritage ...... a welcome sign :).

Actually it varies with one's perception how we interpret our own version of oppression. Just for example, a runway extension project in Calcutta has been delayed for decades for a small 110 years old mosque close in. Authorities had to redraw maps and spend extra money to carry on the project as the locals did not want the project so close to the mosque. People hardly come to know such facts and only bend to stress upon the fact that India is a country that destroyed Babri.

Well 110-year old could have been sacrificed for development that is an entirely different case. Even in my city Peshawar which is considered conservative by majority, we had removed an older shrine and relocate it also we relocated mosques for widening roads..

Babri Mosque was entirely different case. It was destroyed and NOT Razed for any development work.

Also it was destroyed by religious fanatics , if the Indian govt had razed it for some constructive, development purpose then the entire world would not have associated it with Hindu fanaticism in India.

Intolerance in Indian society too has increased with two main political parties making it as a vote bank politics but in Pakistan its not related to votes its utter neglect and govt apathy as well

Oh .... that is Great !!!!! :tup:

Attitude should be like that, Executing the task is whole different thing.

Good to know the attitude of you regarding minorities, Pakistani Govt. is taking steps to preserve temples and Buddhist heritage ...... a welcome sign :).

Not at the pace it should have been. i dont see much is happening on this front.

Intolerance in Indian society too has increased with two main political parties making it as a vote bank politics but in Pakistan its not related to votes its utter neglect and govt apathy as well

before i dint study the topic, i was also one of those ignorants who have no knowledge about their own heritage irrespective of the faith. And i believe Pakistani govt lacks knowledgeable people as well as our institutions .

Being from one of the living cities, i can say with conviction Peshawar once was a home of Hindus and Sikhs. We have some historical temples and sites, need to preserve

Let me tell you . Give us permission and you will see millions will be pouring in for preserving historical mosques in India from common Pakistanis.
Let me tell you another thing, what others do is not the yardstick we measure ourselves with. Foreign Christians can do what they like.

We believe in lending actual support too.
We have seen the support your Army has given to certain cretin, no thanks!

My point is that if you are pained for historical Hindu sites in Pakistan you must genuinely work for it also genuinely put pressure on Pakistani govt to do so. These historical Hindu temples in shambles in Pakistan are also a religious heritage of your, you must work for highlighting it not for scoring points.

Why are you washing your (Your Establishment's) hands off this issue? Has Pakistan become so defunct that, unless someone whips some back, no action is taken?

And then you conveniently only want to highlight the point scoring and nothing else.. :)

Youre about a year late. This news has been posted before.

Not at the pace it should have been. i dont see much is happening on this front.

before i dint study the topic, i was also one of those ignorants who have no knowledge about their own heritage irrespective of the faith. And i believe Pakistani govt lacks knowledgeable people as well as our institutions .

Being from one of the living cities, i can say with conviction Peshawar once was a home of Hindus and Sikhs. We have some historical temples and sites, need to preserve

Peshawar area is highly tolerant one and has well maintained temples and churches, pathans are big hearted peoples anyway. its not same in other parts specially Punjab i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom