What's new

Pakistan's child brides married off for 'honour'

And what do I want? You seem to be under the false impression that I have come on this forum for something?

And Mullahs wholeheartedly support child marriages etc, if all mullahs simply refused to do nikah of children then this problem will be solved. How is this not about religion?
Coz its not just Mullahs but people's mindset as well...The "jirga" isnt any mullah but an under exposed pimp....

So no this is not religion but a backward mindset some with some backward customs

Coz its not just Mullahs but people's mindset as well...The "jirga" isnt any mullah but an under exposed pimp....

So no this is not religion but a backward mindset some with some backward customs

I haven't blamed religion, I have blamed the religious clergy who have facilitated this jahalat. If mullahs, who claim to be the guardans of self righteousness and so vigorously champion other mundane things, like holding rallies for banning facebook etc, I'm sure if they acted as vigorously for the abolishment of this practise, it would not take very long. Because in a country like Pakistan, the religious clergy is one section of society that most people respect and follow. So I was merely pointing out that if the most influential and powerful section of society led the campaign against child marriages etc then this problem can be seriously tackled.

There is a huge difference between religion and religious clergy.

I haven't blamed religion, I have blamed the religious clergy who have facilitated this jahalat. If mullahs, who claim to be the guardans of self righteousness and so vigorously champion other mundane things, like holding rallies for banning facebook etc, I'm sure if they acted as vigorously for the abolishment of this practise, it would not take very long. Because in a country like Pakistan, the religious clergy is one section of society that most people respect and follow. So I was merely pointing out that if the most influential and powerful section of society led the campaign against child marriages etc then this problem can be seriously tackled.

There is a huge difference between religion and religious clergy.
Agreed...then again there are some scholars who say out right this is wrong...sadly many come out and start calling them kafir and western puppets...

But the Mullah is not the most influential...they have some influence only how much one lets them...

Back
Top Bottom