What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

1.553 Bn SEK = US$157.23m

Lets see who comes up with the details of this order :D

Well, but work is to be performed outside Pakistan, so if it had to be a follow up order, PAF already has achieved the capability to integrate the systems on the aircraft, so 2 scenarios come to my mind;

1)Customer is not Pakistan,
2)Customer is Pakistan, BUT there is something new here that has not been in PAF inventory before hence no integration at Kamra.

"The industry’s nature is such that due to circumstances concerning the product and customer, further information about the customer will not be announced.

It is based on the Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with Saab’s airborne radar Erieye and a range of other sensors."​

Definitely customer is Pak.
only PAF & RSAF operates saab 2000.
only PAF has large number of saab 2000 aircrafts.
RSAF operates only 2 saab 2000 aew
So these belong to Pakistan you think ?

Well, but work is to be performed outside Pakistan, so if it had to be a follow up order, PAF already has achieved the capability to integrate the systems on the aircraft, so 2 scenarios come to my mind;

2)Customer is Pakistan, BUT there is something new here that has not been in PAF inventory before hence no integration at Kamra.

"The industry’s nature is such that due to circumstances concerning the product and customer, further information about the customer will not be announced.

It is based on the Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with Saab’s airborne radar Erieye and a range of other sensors."​
What can be new sensors ?

So these belong to Pakistan you think ?

What can be new sensors ?
Customer is Pakistan.

Definitely customer is Pak.
only PAF & RSAF operates saab 2000.
only PAF has large number of saab 2000 aircrafts.
RSAF operates only 2 saab 2000 aew
Consider theirs ours as well IA, lets see who can point out why I am saying this. :D

ELINT/ESM, SAR/GMTI and EO/IR.
It has to be one or, some, or all of the above. What we would like to know is how many systems?:D

Pakistan...???

18 May 2020
Saab has signed a contract and received an order for the Airborne Early Warning and Control solution Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C. The order value is 1.553 billion SEK. Deliveries will be made between 2020 and 2023.
The industry’s nature is such that due to circumstances concerning the product and customer, further information about the customer will not be announced.
Saab 2000 Erieye AEW&C is a complete AEW&C system with multi-role and multi-mission capabilities for both military and civil needs.
It is based on the Saab 2000 aircraft equipped with Saab’s airborne radar Erieye and a range of other sensors. The solution gives the user detailed situational awareness and can be used for tasks including border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations.
Saab will carry out the work in Gothenburg, Järfälla, Linköping, Luleå and Arboga, Sweden.
For further information, please contact:
Saab Press Centre,
Ann Wolgers, Press Officer
+46 (0)734 180 018,
presscentre@saabgroup.com
www.saabgroup.com
www.saabgroup.com/YouTube
Link to the news:
https://saabgroup.com/media/news-press/news/2020-05/saab-receives-airborne-surveillance-order/

Customer has to be pakistan..saab2000 is mentioning is a practical give away ..no other country will choose saab2000 platform ..it makes no sense to choose an out of production plan..
And PAF has been go picking any and every saab2000 it can see..

Both thailand and UAE operate saab340.
UAE Just purchased a upgrade for their saab340 and are going for global eye..so thailand is a possibility but saab340 is different from saab2000

I would imagine any new customer to go for bombodier

Last edited:
Consider theirs ours as well IA, lets see who can point out why I am saying this. :D

It has to be one or, some, or all of the above. What we would like to know is how many systems?:D

Janes is reporting that based off of the time frame it is for 2-3 systems

Three years is a long time to deliver a single system, and the press release clearly states "deliveries", i.e. more than one. I can't see the PAF ordering any more Erieyes at the moment.

Three years is a long time to deliver a single system, and the press release clearly states "deliveries", i.e. more than one. I can't see the PAF ordering any more Erieyes at the moment.
True but saab2000 doesnt make any sense either

It's further says border surveillance along SAR I feel for Navy too

Back
Top Bottom