What's new

Pakistanis angry with Ex-Pakistan PM's detention by IB at Ajmer.

Originally posted by Indianrabbit

Agree they were doing their job, but some times it is not bad to use common sense. He is ex PM, knowing that he has a valid visa is not very difficult. They could have found out on its own. Papers are their to know if someone has valid visa or not, not for the sake of having papers. Its like someone meets Amitabh Bacchan and ask for ID knowing fully well who he is talking to. (I will agree asking for ID in such situations if there is a high security area, like airport) If there is a very low risk and you know the person why make a fuss?

Yours is the sanest reply on this thread. Anyway majority people over here seem to comment merely reading the thread title or at their best reading only the first paragraph.

The government should issue a very strong demarch by summoning the Indian ambassador to the Foreign Office.

This was a clear case where Indian Intelligence Bureau and Indian Ministry of External Affairs collaborated in order to insult our Senate members and an ex PM and snub Pakistan.

Personally, I have no doubt that this was a deliberate snub.

Indian intelligence organizations routinely check the the hotel rooms and the luggage of Pakistani officials visiting India without their permission. They also place bugging devices in their rooms as well.

While conducting such illegal though routine inspection, they would have found very early that the delegation or Chaudhary Saab has forgotten his passport behind. And after consultation with MEA, would have decided to issue a very public snub.

Such things have not happened for the first time. I sincerely hope that our leaders understand the insincerity of India to further any viable Pakistan - India dialogue, and their effort to treat and place Pakistan at the level of Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan.

Some of our, politicians may not care about this, but the people of Pakistan would never allow this to happen.

Err - so you believe you at a level above Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan? Now, that well and truly is optimism.

None of you have read the article.

He left his passport in Delhi and then visited Ajmer without documents/visa which always mentions the cities any Pakistani is only allowed to visit.

Police officer did his duty as he might have been alarmed by hotel desk about check in of Pakistani nationals. The ex PM wasn't able to produce documents when asked so he was detained till Pakistani embassy sent facsimile of his visa.

@ Ticker you are a clown, few weeks back in a thread where news of tomatoes being bugged by India, you were boasting about your agencies and their practises. Stop your bias. Many people who visit Pakistan I know (Industrial Chemical traders) from Punjab have told many stories about how they are tailed by ISI or whatever agencies in Pakistan. The same has been said by Mani Shankar Aiyer on a Pakistani show. One of the trader was picked up from his hotel in room and scolded for talking about Pakistani women over the phone to an Indian number with his curious friend :tdown:. His Pakistani counterpart (the owner of the factory) was very influential person he got him out after some 'muk-muka'.

There is a difference between a common Indian trader and an ex PM of Pakistan. He was accompanied by a diplomat of the High Commission of Pakistan from New Delhi. This diplomat confirmed his identity to the Indian IB inspector, but quite clearly he had his orders from his high ups in Delhi to deliberately insult and snub Pakistan due to a fleeting opportunity, which could not be let go.

What you are talking is practiced as a routine by Indian IB and RAW in India with all normal visitors from Pakistan. What happens here in Pakistan is a pay back in kind, and will hopefully continue as long as the Indian intelligence agencies continue to follow such aggressive routine in India.

Although I wish that every paranoid Indian visitor in Pakistan is tailed by intelligence agencies here in Pakistan, but alas that does not happen. They have better things to do in life than trail a two penny worth of some Indian trader.

Mr. slapstick comedian, at the level that you are talking about, when such arrests are made, there is no muk-muka as you have wishfully stated, there are only mukkas and much more.

Err - so you believe you at a level above Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan? Now, that well and truly is optimism.

Err, no - we believe that India is a notch below Bangladesh and Bhutan and that is why so much anger here. Now, that was a rather pessimistic glum.

Weren't indians angry when President APJ Kalam was frisked at airport by US airline staff....

Weren't indians angry when President APJ Kalam was frisked at airport by US airline staff....

Err, no - we believe that India is a notch below Bangladesh and Bhutan and that is why so much anger here. Now, that was a rather pessimistic glum.

LOL - I am sure it hurts but let's see some reports of Pakistanis treating Indian politicians this way or even second-rung ministers and opposition leaders. And India too wouldn't treat Banglas, Lankans and Bhutanese this way either. Considering you are not able to do much about a foreign country coming into your nation and bombing you, you would be hard pressed to do anything about this guy either.

I wasn't - everyone should be frisked. In fact I read that Al Gore was subject to frisking in USA and he complied without complaints.

I don't think they would have been - isn't he a Muslim.

LOL - I am sure it hurts but let's see some reports of Pakistanis treating Indian politicians this way or even second-rung ministers and opposition leaders. And India too wouldn't treat Banglas, Lankans and Bhutanese this way either. Considering you are not able to do much about a foreign country coming into your nation and bombing you, you would be hard pressed to do anything about this guy either.

I wasn't - everyone should be frisked. In fact I read that Al Gore was subject to frisking in USA and he complied without complaints.

Arrey itna ghussa sehat ke liye acchha nahin hota.

I heard George Fernandes while visiting the US was asked to remove his clothes, when he was the defence minister. I know, seeing him in his natural outfit would certainly not be a pretty site - but that did make some Indians angry.

Chalo, thapparr maar kar maafi maang li.

The fault is his. Why travel to India of all places. Why not Istanbul or Mashhad or somewhere else? Pakistani politicians going to that country is just dumb. Why make yourself a target?

Got a point.

But then Ajmer is in India , and it is a popular destination for mannats

Forget countries, why this 'ajmer' thing in particular.
I mean I've left conspiracy theories since I was 13, but this THIS has really got me curiosity tingling

Arrey itna ghussa sehat ke liye acchha nahin hota.

I heard George Fernandes while visiting the US was asked to remove his clothes, when he was the defence minister. I know, seeing him in his natural outfit would certainly not be a pretty site - but that did make some Indians angry.

Not true - though he claimed that

the US embassy in Delhi issued a formal denial that Fernandes had been strip-searched,[71] and said that, "Fernandes was not strip-searched but a security wand was waved over him when a key in his pocket set off the metal detector."[72] Subsequently, the then United States Deputy Secretary of State, Richard Armitage, personally apologised to Fernandes over the incident.

:lol: personal apology for waving a wand.

Back
Top Bottom