What's new

Pakistani youth favors Sharia Law over Democracy.

With democracy we will eventually progress if we clean some of out the dirt(Corrupted politicans)

With just Sharia, we`ll go backwards, Economy will suffer; See Iran. We dont have huge oil recources so we`ll be doomed.

With a bit of Sharia(Some things need to be changed according to the situation today) and Democracy then it would be a good mix.

I hope Pakistan follows the Turkey model.

You just slapped the silent majority who does nothing of the sort you have posted above.

They are silent because unki yeh sab bolne se, excuse the language, phat-ti hai. Their silence in these matters is criminal and deserve slaps.

I don't understand how sharia law and democracy are related to each other, arent, they different things like apples and oranges? What does , what does law have to do with the type of government you have...????

There should be a thorough discussion on Shariah. If people in Pakistan want it they must have a model in mind. Is it Saudi Arabia or a state of Afghanistan in the 1990s? Or would it be something else.

In my opinion, Pakistan's constitution is compliant with Islam, but if people want another system, its their prerogative.

I don't understand how sharia law and democracy are related to each other, arent, they different things like apples and oranges? What does , what does law have to do with the type of government you have...????

They really don't.

The opposite of Shariah in our context would be Secularism, not democracy.

So why are the youth choosing between Shariah and democracy?

To top it all off, the youth doesn't know what Secularism is, either. Secularism is a gaali in Pakistan. There will come a time when they will be going like Teri maa Secular, tera Khandaan secular! :D

Problem is they equate secularist with heathen/atheist - which is also not the case, you can be a tahajjud guzaar and still be a secularist, which is simply the adherence to one small principle. Separate governance from religion.

This simple thing is either not understood or they don't want to understand.

To top it all off, the youth doesn't know what Secularism is, either. Secularism is a gaali in Pakistan. There will come a time when they will be going like Teri maa Secular, tera Khandaan secular! :D
Why?
Problem is they equate secularist with heathen/atheist - which is also not the case, you can be a tahajjud guzaar and still be a secularist, which is simply the adherence to one small principle.
So if a person is an atheist what is the problem? Why do Pakistani youth think of being an atheist as a gaali? Any particular reason?

Why?

So if a person is an atheist what is the problem? Why do Pakistani youth think of being an atheist as a gaali? Any particular reason?

It's a big topic to discuss on its own and we would deviate, but atheists is believed to be (by them) anti religion. Secularism is confused as anti-Islam.

It's a big topic to discuss on its own and we would deviate, but atheists is believed to be (by them) anti religion. Secularism is confused as anti-Islam.
Sir every thing which is other than Islam will be considered Anti Islam or easily kufr any system which is not Islam even if it is secular is not considered right as a matter of fact considered kufr

Sir every thing which is other than Islam will be considered Anti Islam or easily kufr any system which is not Islam even if it is secular is not considered right as a matter of fact considered kufr

so for a kufri, islam is wrong and for an islami a kufri is wrong.
its like im a foreigner for u and u are a foreigner for me

This is what democracy is, majority rules. If majority wants Sharia, be it. btw Sharia law and democracy are not mutually exclusive systems.

Nor are those who favor it...

I am thinking about this survey's result as a no confidence in democracy rather than support of Shariah. Because of the lack of a better alternative and the equating of this government to democracy, people chose Shariah. If you would have given them some other third option, they would have taken that as well IMO.

Regardless of the position or circumstances, my post stands the trial of time, reason and circumstances. Shariat is the law of Allah and His law is supreme to all Muslims. Support or otherwise is a clear case that draws the line b/w those who are actually Muslim at heart and those who think they are Muslims!!

They are silent because unki yeh sab bolne se, excuse the language, phat-ti hai. Their silence in these matters is criminal and deserve slaps.

Not taking matters into their own hands is not a sign of phat-na! Law abiding citizens avoid taking law into their own hands, simple.

Back
Top Bottom