What's new

Pakistani mega hit film ‘'Waar'’ | Reviews & Discussions.

If the budget of the movie is indeed over $2 million then it still has a long way to go before breaking even. From the trend the first week should be about $1 million and the lifetime should be twice of that. So the movie should be able to recover its cost at best, that is assuming there is no entertainment tax on Pakistani movies. The revenues from home videos and abroad won't be huge. It's still a great move forward business wise. I think Pakistani cities need more screens to sustain movies with relatively higher budget.

Pakistan need alot screens But the problem is in the past their wasnt a big scope for the lollywood so no one really cared about the movies there are only few of big cinemas in Pakistan which can buy the original movie Rest just Put the print from pirated dvds If Pakistani film makers keep making these movies Their will be a major change in Cinema and it will generate tons of money

Is this movie released in Australia?
None of the cinema's in Brisbane are showing it...
It is yet to be released all over Pakistan. I personally know a few people who went to Islamabad from Mansehra (almost 3 hours drive) just to watch the movie.

Can't blame you for not understanding the saying since you are non-Punjabi dravidian from Banglore. So no harm done.

No... he is an Indian ...its funny how Pakistanis try and point out regional differences within India.

Coke studio season 6 is out and now this, brilliant time for entertainment industry.

1393096_553069178098979_1433373207_n.png

At my previous job I was fortunate enough to work at the start of the project with Jami and his team, Jami is a very down to earth guy and it was awesome experience :) I was Head Of I.T & Projection for Mandviwalla Entertainment at that time and provided technical consultation to the movie

Great to hear that you have worked with Jami. What are your views about the film? Is it good? or bad or whatever.

that i wouldn't be able to comment upon as i gave technical consultation at the start of the project, things like resolution (2k, 4k) conversions, bit rates, aspect ratios etc etc etc to ensure perfect post production for cinema distribution.

395765_10151089063090206_1843778146_n.jpg

that's me welcoming Jami to Atrium's first anniversary :)

If the budget of the movie is indeed over $2 million then it still has a long way to go before breaking even. From the trend the first week should be about $1 million and the lifetime should be twice of that. So the movie should be able to recover its cost at best, that is assuming there is no entertainment tax on Pakistani movies. The revenues from home videos and abroad won't be huge. It's still a great move forward business wise. I think Pakistani cities need more screens to sustain movies with relatively higher budget.

In Pakistan Tax is too much.in the first 5 days till sunday

The Gross estimate is 10.9Crore
While net 7.1crore(When tax included)

In the next 2 days or First week Net(including tax) is expected to reach 10crore or almost 1million dollars

I think in the next 1-2 weeks it may very easily get to the mark of 18-20crore or 2million dollars in Pakistan alone.

Since it is releasing in 25 more countries as per the official it may atleast earn Net 1million dollars from foriegn countries.

It does has the capability to earn between 3-4million dollars overall which is great considering Pakistan.

The biggest Problem in Pakistan is the lack of Cinemas.there are no cinemas in 2 big provincs KPK and Balochistan and the have combine population of 30-35million people.

All this is earned in only less than 60 cinemas.If we had atleast 200 cinemas.it may have atleast touch the mark of 4million dollars in Pakistan

Waar (2013)

Quotes

Mujtaba: There's only one thing that stands between him and Pakistan, me.

Mujtaba: We do not know how many lives we've lost in the name of terrorism... But we do know how many lives we still need to save.

Mujtaba: As long as history will be written by hunters, lions shall never be glorified.

[from trailer]
Mujtaba: There's only one thing that stands between him and Pakistan, Me

[from trailer]
Javeria: You know what will be really nice? If you could stop focusing on yourself for a change and start focusing on the country, because if it is as serious as we think it is, I assure you, it will be devastated .

[from trailer]
Ehtasham: So let's tell them that this night is their last night.

[from trailer]
Zoya: Arrangements for that have already been made

Mujtaba: Death is a seven letter word but I will make it very long for you.

Waar (2013) - Quotes - IMDb

As a police compound here comes under terror attack, an ‘Indian female agent’ cum social worker in Pakistan is dancing with a mercenary celebrating their success. This is a scene from ‘Waar’, a film doing roaring business here. Said to be the most expensive Pakistani film ever to be made,

the film is rumoured to be partly funded by the military, a charge denied by the film director Bilal Lashari.
The film is about Pakistan’s fight against terror but seems to lay the blame for everything bad happening in the country at India’s doorstep.

The script revolves around a plot by ‘Indian agents’ to carry out the biggest ever blast in Pakistan.Waar opened on Wednesday on 42 screens across Pakistan and set a new record of box-office collections pertaining to Eid openings.

After a first day opening of `11.4 million the big budget flick earned a total of `42.6 million till Friday night, breaking all previous records of Eid collections.

Waar has also broken first day record set by King Khan’s Chennai Express that had earned around nine million rupees on Eid-ul-Fitr. The film bizarrely suggests that even the dreaded Pakistani Taliban is controlled by India.

“The entire patriotic narrative that RAW is backing Khawarij, political traitors and terrorists in Pakistan has been depicted well. #WAAR,” r. :yay::yahoo:

Pak film Waar depicting 'Indian terror' does roaring business - Hindustan Times

Actor Shaan has once again proven that he remains the unbeatable, true star of Pakistani cinema as his much-hyped action thriller Waar broke all records against estimates.
Waar opened Wednesday on 42 screens across Pakistan and set a new record of box-office collections pertaining to Eid openings. After a first day opening of Rs11.4 million (exact figures: Rs11,397,930.00), Bilal Lashari’s big budget flick earned a total of Rs42.6 million (42,606,655.00) till Friday night, breaking all previous records of Eid collections. Waar has also broken first day record set by King Khan’s Chennai Express that had earned around nine million rupees on Eidul Fitr. If this remains to be the trend then Waar is expected to earn a total of Rs60 million or more in its first week, which will also beat Chennai Express‘s all-time high first week collections by a few millions.
Waar‘s first week on the box office will be considered of nine days since the collections from this Wednesday (first day of Eid) to next Friday will be collectively calculated. If Waar continues doing great at the box office then it is expected to earn an overall total of Rs120 million. However, an important trend has come to the fore. While Main Hoon Shahid Afridi covered the total business of Chambaili just in its first week similarly, Waar will supersede MHSA’s total business in its first week of running. But, Waar’s business is expected to face a major decline Monday onwards due to the end of a long weekend. Nonetheless, if it maintains its first-weekend run in the following weekends as well, then it will be considered the second blockbuster of modern-day Pakistani cinema, after Bol.

Waar scores biggest Eid collection in Pakistan – The Express Tribune

Back
Top Bottom