What's new

Pakistani FM Hina Rabbani arrives on Friday to invite PM Hasina

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Hina Rabbani arrives on Friday

Hina Rabbani arrives on Friday | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Wed, Nov 7th, 2012 6:56 pm BdST

Dhaka, Nov 7 (bdnews24.com) – Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will arrive in Dhaka on Friday to invite Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the D-8 summit to be held in Islamabad.

"She will be meeting the Prime Minister and have a meeting with Foreign Minister Dipu Moni during her trip of about 12 hours," said a source in the foreign ministry.

Rabbani was originally scheduled to come on Oct 25, but it was cancelled due to some 'unavoidable circumstances'.

There would be an opportunity to discuss Bangladesh-Pakistan unresolved issues during the visit of the Pakistani foreign minister, the source added.

Bangladesh has long been demanding unconditional apology from Pakistan for the genocide it had carried out during the Liberation War in 1971, repatriation of stranded Pakistanis and sharing of wealth of undivided Pakistan.

This is first time that a senior Pakistani minister is visiting Dhaka during the incumbent government's regime.

Bangladesh-Pakistan bilateral engagement in the last four year was limited to visit of Bangladesh Education and Commerce Ministers to Islamabad and foreign secretary-level official consultations in Nov 2010.

bdnews24.com/ssz/nir/1620h

Can anyone confirm whether PM Hasina has changed her position to participate in the D-8 summit as earlier it was indicated she wont attend it in Pakistan. If it would be negative then I guess Hina would not visit Bangladesh. So are we looking another change in BAL policy after BNP's changed policy wrt India!!!

Now it seems BNP has become pro-India and BAL pro-Pak :girl_wacko:

Talk what with the fm of pakistan? Hopefully some fashion tips!hina rabban is fit andknows how to carry herself. In fact i am willing to offer sahara, dipu moni and a couple of cows for her.

Talk what with the fm of pakistan? Hopefully some fashion tips!hina rabban is fit andknows how to carry herself. In fact i am willing to offer sahara, dipu moni and a couple of cows for her.

She is an educated so you can talk about some important bilateral matters. Its time for you too to move on and accept some realities. as far as fashion tips well hassina is now too old for those and also when Khalida is given importance by India, Hassina has to take some political decisions and not fashion moves

Dhaka expects brief review of ties with Pakistan during Hina's tour

Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha (BSS)

DHAKA, Nov 8, 2012 (BSS) - Bangladesh expects to review in brief the ties with Islamabad including the outstanding issues as Pakistani foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar is set to arrive here tomorrow on a one-day tour, officials said here today.

"This will be a brief tour of hers (Hina) in Dhaka while her talks with our foreign minister Dipu Moni could last as high as 45 minutes if her flight schedule remains unchanged," a senior foreign ministry official familiar with the situation told BSS.

She said Hina's meeting with her counterpart was "certainly expected to review the bilateral issues including the outstanding ones" like sharing of pre-1971 assets and repatriation of stranded Pakistanis and official apology from Islamabad for the 1971 atrocities and current security issues.

But, she said, the two countries currently also have a vibrant economic relation with a Pakistani investment worth US$1billion employing some 10,000 people while Pakistan recently bought a Bangladeshi built ship and wants to procure more.

After talks with Moni the Pakistani foreign minister is scheduled to call on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina when she would formally invite her to the D-8 summit in Islamabad.

Hina is to be the first such high profile Pakistani figure to visit Dhaka since the Awami League-led grand alliance assumed office after the December 2008 general elections while a special aircraft is to carry her to Dhaka.

Bangladesh's education and commerce ministers, however,visited Islamabad during the period.

Hina's Dhaka visit was originally set for October 25 but was postponed to what officials said "unavoidable reasons".

The incumbent government has been demanding Islamabad's official apology for the Pak troops atrocities during the 1971 Liberation War while repatriation of several lakhs Urdu-speaking people who claim them stranded Pakistanis and sharing of wealth of undivided Pakistan remained to be outstanding issues in bilateral ties.

Deep down I have a feel that Khar is going to feel embarrassed! I hope it doesn't end that way..

Good for Bangladesh. A balanced foreign policy cutting across party lines is a sign of a mature country.

Hina is going to blast that Bangladeshi Tabloid that revealed her love affair with Bilawal Bhutto

I am dumbfounded to even think that the tabloid was not sued.. seems both parties want to keep it under wraps ;)

Indians are truly short on girls... i wonder how you behave when you see any western movie ?

Deep down I have a feel that Khar is going to feel embarrassed! I hope it doesn't end that way..

Clearly she is ill advised... it will prove diplomatic blunder.

Back
Top Bottom