What's new

Pakistani Army Fighting The Taliban (VIDEO): Amazing Footage From PBS

Horrible how these little girls are compelled to grow up in fear so young.

I note that the P.A. and villagers employ one of the same techniques the Israeli Army does: they destroy the houses of the families of the terrorists, so they don't have a home to return to. The world criticizes Israel for it, "because they punish people who are not even accused, let alone convicted, of a crime.” Actually, while the Israelis usually destroy just one home, Pakistanis are making sure to destroy ALL the homes owned by the families of the terrorists. Perhaps Israel should take a page from the Pakistanis' book?

Hold on a minute. Pakistan is destroying the homes of miscreants that are well within Pakistani territory. I highly condemn this kind of brutality. It's inhumane. Also, what do you mean by the Israelis/PA destroying one or multiple homes? Have you actually counted how many homes are being destroyed? That's just a ridiculous justification for causing more suffering and misery. The Israelis are snatching Palestinian land and committing war crimes against innocent people. There is a stark difference between both. Please draw the line.

if Pakistani army is doing good work

then why USA is asking question of ISI and Taliban relation

why every one asking this relation or equation between ISI and Taliban

That girl's father, Yusufzai (16:00), is a brave man. I wonder if I would have had the courage to secretly educate my daughter had I lived under the Taliban's rule?

It seems support for U.S. drone attacks has grown with the successful assassination [finally!] of Baitullah Mehsud.

However, Pakistanis still share the popular delusion that U.S. support for the effort to oust the Soviets from Afghanistan means the U.S. is responsible for the "global jihad" movement - confusing the Islam pushed by the Saudis with the CIA and conveniently ignoring the fact that the U.S. left the scene afterward when Pakistan nurtured the Taliban plus Pakistan's long history of supporting "non-state actors".

You can take a tribal to hell with love but you can't take him to heaven with anger, he loves music and holds musicians in contempt, he loves to fight but hates to be a soldier, he's a very good friend and a very very bad enemy...he is governed more by his traditions than by laws.
- FC Maj. Gen. Tariq Khan

Last edited:
Hold on a minute. Pakistan is destroying the homes of miscreants that are well within Pakistani territory.
No, the video makes it clear the homes of relatives and helpers are being destroyed as well.

what do you mean by the Israelis/PA destroying one or multiple homes? Have you actually counted how many homes are being destroyed? The Israelis are snatching Palestinian land and committing war crimes against innocent people. There is a stark difference between both. Please draw the line.
Every couple of years the Israeli Army will enter an Arab village to bulldoze the home of a terrorist. (It has nothing to do with "snatching land".) In Swat the P.A. and villagers are destroying dozens at least, maybe hundreds and perhaps eventually thousands, of houses in an effort to convince themselves that the Taliban can never return.

Last edited:
Loe Sam in Bajaur was completely bulldozed over after the militants were defeated there in October 2008. That included a lot of homes belonging to IDPs displaced to NWFP camps.

Taimikhan,

If an area is fully secured, it doesn't need to be cleared. You'll note that these men threw grenades and fired into rooms before entering. Old-style room clearance that shows no regard for civilians.

My guess is that those men expect no civilians but it doesn't mean that they don't expect SOMEBODY behind those doors. I think it more likely that your initial units may not have completely cleared all the village or that it requires periodic sanitation to remain cleared. In point of fact, that location will likely need to be garrisoned if the intent is to "clear, hold, and build".

If simply sweeping through, that property will be again reoccupied by the taliban upon the P.A.'s departure.

Thanks.:usflag:

No, the video makes it clear the homes of relatives and helpers are being destroyed as well.

Every couple of years the Israeli Army will enter an Arab village to bulldoze the home of a terrorist. (It has nothing to do with "snatching land".) In Swat the P.A. and villagers are destroying dozens at least, maybe hundreds and perhaps eventually thousands, of houses in an effort to convince themselves that the Taliban can never return.

Who is denying that the homes aren't being destroyed? I've already condemned this act. I don't understand your question.

Well, you're talking as if you decide the policy of how the Israeli army operates. Just because you wish that the Israeli army should destroy more homes of innocent civilians doesn't mean it's actually going to happen. The aggression that you so happily endorse has everything to do with snatching more rights and territory from the Palestinians. I don't endorse the PA for destroying the homes of families of those that resort to terrorist activities. Those are innocent women and children that shouldn't pay for the crimes of others.

Last edited:
any way what does the reporter means by saying SWOT
were they SSG troops taking part in that COIN operation?

I don't understand your question.
Should the Israelis do what Pakistanis do and destroy the homes of terrorists and their supporters on a large scale, or should Israelis continue with the occasional demolition as a deterrent?

Well, you're talking as if you...Just because you...The aggression that you...I don't endorse the PA for destroying the homes of families of those that resort to terrorist activities. Those are innocent women and children that shouldn't pay for the crimes of others.
Don't you think that's a policy to take up with your fellow citizens and your government, not I?

Should the Israelis do what Pakistanis do and destroy the homes of terrorists and their supporters on a large scale, or should Israelis continue with the occasional demolition as a deterrent?

Don't you think that's a policy to take up with your fellow citizens and your government, not I?

What has PAs destruction of homes have anything in common with the Israeli conflict? I don't understand why you're so eagerly trying to make this connection. Secondly, the Israelis should sincerely negotiate for peace and not opt for excessive force. Hamas wouldn't fire any rockets if more settlements were built on their native land. Hamas wouldn't fire rockets if Israelis stopped building an apartheid wall. Hamas wouldn't fire rockets if the Israelis stopped harassing the citizens by laying more checkpoint after every meter. Hamas wouldn't fire any rockets if the Israelis stopped bulldozing Palestinian homes and orchards. Every action has a reaction.

Well, you're the one that keeps posing the question. I just answered it by admitting that I oppose the destruction of the homes of innocent women and children. You're contradicting yourself.

Solomon the isreali do destroy palistenian homes regularly ala the Gaza War and even before that.
As Far as this bomber goes it shows that AQ has a really good counter intelligence system which should be a cause of worry inside the CIA and ISI.

Loe Sam in Bajaur was completely bulldozed over after the militants were defeated there in October 2008. That included a lot of homes belonging to IDPs displaced to NWFP camps.

Indeed. However after the population was asked to leave and only after initial attempts were met by fire from these houses and localities. Secondly, it was not the entire town of Loi Sam that was bulldozed, it was the structures that run along the main road.

Taimikhan,

If an area is fully secured, it doesn't need to be cleared. You'll note that these men threw grenades and fired into rooms before entering. Old-style room clearance that shows no regard for civilians.

While not doubting that some civilians may have been injured or even worse killed, the Army publicized and asked the population to evacuate before moving in and in turn got blamed for giving the militants time. There is no right or easy way of going about this.

On to the point of room clearance, the first one is a compound. Not exactly a room. You enter the houses and the area immediately in front of you is an open space. The only way to protect upon dynamic entry is to throw the grenades in. There were instances with troops entering and getting exposed to militants hiding in the rooms at the back of the open area. Certain things are being done by way of experience. If the house opens immediately into rooms then the troops do go in for room clearance on a room by room basis. Its a matter of situation. If you are receiving fire from the building, you are bound to be more cautious.

My guess is that those men expect no civilians but it doesn't mean that they don't expect SOMEBODY behind those doors. I think it more likely that your initial units may not have completely cleared all the village or that it requires periodic sanitation to remain cleared. In point of fact, that location will likely need to be garrisoned if the intent is to "clear, hold, and build".

The footage is from Makeen upon the initial take over. I doubt other units have gone through before 57 PR went in there as they were taking fire during the filming and the journalist is ducking for cover. I think moving forward they are garrisoning troops as much as possible. The area is vast and hard to get to and maintain troops in strength but that is what they are hoping to do.

If simply sweeping through, that property will be again reoccupied by the taliban upon the P.A.'s departure.

Thanks.:usflag:

Agreed. This realization is there, however the other factor that the Army has to be mindful of is whether them being there incites this insurgency further. This is the hard balancing act.

solomon2...Because Pakistan Army also under takes rehab of these people whose males members were involved in terrorist activities unlike jews we do care about those who are displaced and not involved...how and where we relocate them and how they are taken care of Pak Army however is not Jewish Army to leave villagers left alone the construction of those sites are underway just google it now don't troll on threads where you don't belong or can't input positively or you can take a one way ticket to swat i welcome you if your a man...bring your camera with a red jacket for hunting seasons is not over yet bring your pet s2..

Last edited:

No, not really, thats the Indian media's job.

because US is loosing war, and they r just too ashamed to admit it, so therefore they are blaming it on ISI(Pakistan)....

Back
Top Bottom