What's new

Pakistani Army Fighting The Taliban (VIDEO): Amazing Footage From PBS

ajpirzada

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The footage was captured by a reporting team embedded with a Pakistani army group working along the country's volatile border with Afghanistan. The documentary, PBS says, will address the question of whether, by sending 30,000 more U.S. troops to Afghanistan, has the U.S. mistaken the real target?

The footage will be shown as part of the network's "Targeting The Taliban" documentary, set to air at 9.30pm (EST) Friday

For video plz go to this link: Pakistani Army Fighting The Taliban (VIDEO): Amazing Footage From PBS

I read one of the comments in comments section and I nodded my head in agreement.

why in the HELL is this reporter wearing bright red???? I mean honestly. He is putting himself at risk, he is putting our troops at risk. What is this nonsense?

the video itself was well edited, well produced, and gives a good picture of the type of environment we are dealing with here. Wide open rugged areas; haven for guerilla fighters.

I can't help but sympathize with the Yemeni Army, as it is fighting a somewhat similar type of enemy in very similar geographical climate --where distinguishing friend from foe requires that you basically wait until you are fired upon, and rely a lot on local population for ground intel.

Check out 00:53. Looks like the same firebase depicted in this photo back in May.

Why is that photographer wearing red, is it because the photographer thinks that since he's so visible and thus gives away the PA's movements the Taliban won't shoot him? I suppose the only reason why the soldiers put up with that sort of thing is because they were ordered to.

"Why is that photographer wearing red..."

It's hunting season...:lol:

Thanks.:usflag:

I don't appreciate media running around in such a gunbattle. Its just unnecessary headache for the Pakistani troops

Check out 00:53. Looks like the same firebase depicted in this photo back in May.

Why is that photographer wearing red, is it because the photographer thinks that since he's so visible and thus gives away the PA's movements the Taliban won't shoot him? I suppose the only reason why the soldiers put up with that sort of thing is because they were ordered to.

The pic you referred to was a fire base in Malakand/Swat Operation, somewhere in the Buner/Dir area. And the one shown in this video is somewhere in SW. Guns are same, but crew is different. These are Chinese 130/122mm guns. The pic guns are manned by PA troops and the ones firing in the video are the para-military forces FC troops & PA troops.

And as for the reported he is wearing body armor, and this video is a PR thing, so after consolidating the area, meaning capturing the heights and securing it fully, then the troops move into the compounds.

So there is no harm to the reporter as these are not the troops who are at the start of the offensive on the front line. Rather these troops are clearing the compounds in those areas which have been fully secured.

Hmm Nice Video.Awesome Artillery shots.The reporter is American of Indian Origin but looks like he is doing good job and not biased.

Hmm Nice Video.Awesome Artillery shots.The reporter is American of Indian Origin but looks like he is doing good job and not biased.

Not only snake but also flying , still you think harmless :lol:

Horrible how these little girls are compelled to grow up in fear so young.

I note that the P.A. and villagers employ one of the same techniques the Israeli Army does: they destroy the houses of the families of the terrorists, so they don't have a home to return to. The world criticizes Israel for it, "because they punish people who are not even accused, let alone convicted, of a crime.” Actually, while the Israelis usually destroy just one home, Pakistanis are making sure to destroy ALL the homes owned by the families of the terrorists. Perhaps Israel should take a page from the Pakistanis' book?

Back
Top Bottom