Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani Action Film 'Waar' Top IMDb Best Of 2013 Poll
NEWS
BY KEVIN JAGERNAUTH
DECEMBER 31, 2013 6:19 PM

680x478

Yeah, we know....it's only hours until the ball drops in Times Square and yes, we'll be getting our party hats on soon. But one more list for you before we say hello to 2014: it's the IMDB Best Of 2013 Poll.

Yep, the comprehensive site of all things movies has released their list of the Highest Rated Feature Films Released In 2013 with the caveat being they had to get at least 10,000 votes. And perhaps speaking to the growing influence of international audiences, the Pakistani action flick "Waar" (an Urdu word meaning "to strike") came out on top with a 9.1/10. You can check out a trailer for the movie below so you can get a sense of what the war on terror themed flick is all about.

Coming in right behind, surprisingly given its C+ CinemaScore, is Martin Scorsese's controversial "The Wolf Of Wall Street" (8.8/10) followed closely by "12 Years A Slave" (8.7/10). Essentially, the biggest and/or most acclaimed of the movies of the year take up the majority of the list, with some random outliers like the mediocre rom-com "About Time" managing to sneak on there.

IMDb Best Of 2013
1. Waar 9.1/10
2. The Wolf of Wall Street 8.8/10
3. 12 Years a Slave 8.7/10
4. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag 8.4/10
5. Gravity 8.4/10
6. Rush 8.3/10
7. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 8.3/10
8. American Hustle 8.2/10
9. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 8.1/10
10. Blue Is the Warmest Color 8.1/10
11. Before Midnight 8.1/10
12. Frozen 8.1/10
13. Prisoners 8.1/10
14. Captain Phillips 8.1/10
15. The Past 8.1/10
16. Star Trek Into Darkness 7.9/10
17. The Best Offer 7.8/10
18. About Time 7.8/10
19. Special 26 7.8/10
20. Blue Jasmine 7.7/10

Pakistani Action Film 'Waar,' 'The Wolf Of Wall Street' & '12 Years A Slave' Top IMDb Best Of 2013 Poll | The Playlist

Also

Meesha Shafi ,Actress of Waar makes it to Hot 100 High Flyers.

The Official Meesha Shafi Page
December 21, 2013
"Though she be but little, she is fierce! Shakespeare's words are apt for hot Pakistani powerhouse, Meesha Shafi, singer, actor and model, who wowed Pakistan with her appearance in her debut Hollywood movie The Reluctant Fundamentalist, then impressed with a Bollywood appearance in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, and this year was dramatic as Laxmi in the fabulous Pakistani blockbuster, Waar. Shafi became an overnight success with Jugni, her collaboration with Arif Lohar on season three of Coke Studio and from then on, there was no looking back. Next year, Meesha will appear in the Hollywood production of The Tournament of Shadows."

Man this nation can't even digest a positive film rating from our nation. :bad:
whats wrong wid the posts ????.....he hasnt offended anybody.
btw....talking abt the film n the hullabaloo abt it here, makes it almost necessary for me to watch the movie.
how can i download this movie.....???

btw....talking abt the film n the hullabaloo abt it here, makes it almost necessary for me to watch the movie.

You can't. Fly to Dubai and watch it. Or wait for the DVDs, etc. to come out and then purchase it. Probably will have to have it sent from Pakistan because I don't see it being released in India.

Since i cant watch movie in Norway i am looking for link to download movie. Can some one help ?

Aray bhai dont ask. I have been trying to watch it online for so many weeks but :( I cant find it. Tried so many sites. Instead watched other movies, different movies, weird movies, movies that should not be watched, movies that should never have been made, movies that should be banned, movies that should have been destroyed, but :hitwall: I cant find it anywhere.

:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom