What's new

Pakistan wins it's first OSCAR award!

'Horribly disfigured'

The observational documentary was filmed entirely in Pakistan, primarily in the centre of the country and in the cities of Rawalpindi, Karachi and Islamabad.

The practice of acid attacks in Pakistan leaves victims - who are mostly women - horribly disfigured in the face.

Although thousands are affected by acid attacks, in a country where women are often the victims of numerous crimes, the problem has often been been under-reported.

BBC News - Pakistan's Oscar triumph for acid attack film Saving Face

Great work. I really appreciate Obaid Chinoy for her work, this is a great achievement for her & for Pakistan, that Pakistan is getting recognized for its arts.

I'd like to say one thing though, & I don't know if I'm being "over-sensitive" about this or not. But winning the Oscar will be a nothing achievement as compared to the achievement of the reduction of such social evils from our society. I hope her film helps in doing that in some way, because winning the Oscar is really nothing compared to this.

It is extremely important, that this film does not appeal to only the liberal/moderate section of society (where such problems aren't as prevalent), but more importantly to the people where this problem actually exists more. For that, we need to make sure our efforts are "all-inclusive", rather than alienating others, & only appealing to a certain section of society.

why the fuckking hype,dude get over it

director: american
topic: bad bad pakistan

WTF???

I agree on this. Some American Indian film makers made films on the poverty & social evils of India , like child marriage, Sati & so on, and showcased them abroad. They know these topics are a surefire way to award

WTF???

To all the skeptics

talk-to-the-hand.jpg

Congrats to the people of Pakistan in achiving such mile stone in your Cinema industry.

WTF???

And Altaf bhai holds the British Passport and you still follow him. Amazing, whenever I go back to Karachi I miss my early days.

To all the skeptics

talk-to-the-hand.jpg

for all hypocrites out there, lanat

why you guys cry when some liberal facist insults the country and call him traitor and when he wins some american award then hailed as a hero?

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

And Altaf bhai holds the British Passport and you still follow him. Amazing, whenever I go back to Karachi I miss my early days.

thats some different topic i dont even want to discuss here, i support mqm for some genuine reasons,you can debate with me all day, but doesnt mean im not skeptic about them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom