What's new

Pakistan will implode if the US does not leave Afghanistan

That was not mistake to send troops in tribal area, in Musharraf presidency the international world forgot to say that Waziristan is part of our country and they used as independent state and the same situation raised at that moment with other tribal region so it was our national interest & strategically important to send troops & work with them against the enemies of Pakistan and it can’t be called as MISTAKE.

That certainly was a mistake to send troops into the tribal areas, because it is not in Pakistan's interest to make enemies within its own territory.

The problem within the tribal areas will be solved by development. Other methods have always failed.

Thank you for clarifying. I don't know why @Hutchroy thought that I was for a perpetual conflict with India.

As long as the “thinking” that Indeed, in some NY Times Comments, a few perceptive Americans manage to point out that the road to Kabul lies through Kashmir (of course these are in Pakistan’s opinion “Correct Thinking) the conflict with India will not only remain in force but also increase. This is only my opinion and is not a “line etched in stone”

However this helps the USA to placate the Pakistani Army and encourage it to pay mote attention to countert terrorism thereby aiding the WOT.

We may be getting off-topic but just as it is in Pakistan's interest to have a stable, prosperous Afghanistan it is in India's interest to have a prosperous, stable Pakistan. IMHO, there can 't be two opinions about it. Your neighbors are most important. This is not even some Rodney King like 'Why can't we all just get along?' simplicity. It is just common sense.

The statement is absolutely correct but Pakistan wants to maintain Afghanistan as its “Strategic Depth” i.e. to shelter its Air Force Assets in Afghanistan in any outbreak of War with India. However, Pakistan has maintained and supported factions in an effort to “Destabilize” India.

Specifically and personally, as a blue-blooded Pakistani, it is hard for me to accept LOC=IB especially when I see evidence of a significant estrangement inside Indian-held Kashmir. This is not my call to make though. HOWEVER, if the Indian PM Manmohan's 'Borders can be made irrelevant' and that 'within Indian constitutional limits, the sky is the limit' as far as the autonomy for Kashmiris is concerned then I am quite open to any ideas.

The crux of the matter is that every Pakistani expects India to make concessions without any movement in that direction by Pakistan. After all it takes two to Tango.

What cannot be allowed to happen is that the whole 'mainstream' Pakistani society becomes radicalized because of Kashmir. What cannot be allowed to happen is that India uses the waters out of Kashmir as some strategic weapon. On the latter, I am hopeful that that will not happen because of severe consequences for not only Pakistan but also India eventually.

Kashmir is the only excuse that enables the Pakistani Leadership to radicalize the whole 'mainstream' Pakistani society. Kashmir is also the raison d'être of the Pakistani Armed Forces, particularly, the Pakistani Army to arm Pakistan to the Teeth.

Water is the new thing. The Indus Water Treaty “BINDS” India to ensure that the “Agreed” Waters are received by Pakistan. If India so much as makes one small step to deprive Pakistan of the “Agreed” Waters then be sure that the whole World and its Brother wll come down very hard on India.

Enough rambling thoughts by me. But I finish it off by saying that Taseer's murder and the subsequent cheering of the killer has been a tectonic event for me. And I am not the only one who are beginning to question so much which we held as the final truths.

All one say is “May his soul rest in Peace” and this incident may open the eyes of the “so-called” whole “mainstream” Pakistani Society.

No sir. The reason they are going through this chaos is the very same attitude. Attitude of indifference. We should not alienate them anymore. Need of the hour is to integrate them. Just because insurgency is going on in FATA, it doesn't mean that we should abandon them. They need our help. I think we will gain more by integrating them in the mainstream Pakistan.
Appreciable concern towards fellow countrymen, lady. But do ask yourself this: can you possibly integrate them? After so many years of being radicalized and being a closed tribal society, are you willing to take the chance that they would accept the more ubran concept of city life and peacefully integrate with the rest of your country? Are you confident that they would be willing to break their tribal code and accept civil national law as a common law, especially considering that they are quite rigid about their tribal and religious views?

These are the question you and your government must ask. There is growing radicalization as recently witnessed even in your metropolitan and quite advanced cities right now. Would you be able to add this extra load of extremely conservative people and modernize them alongside the newly growing radicalized sections of these cities?

I always enjoy your practical comments and hence would be glad to know your perspective. :)

Back
Top Bottom