What's new

Pakistan vs West Indies - March 23rd, 2011 - Cricket World Cup 2011

pakistan should drop riaz & take akthar, riaz hasen' performed yet. & why the hell ajmal is not playing he is a far good spinner esp in subcontinental conditions. plus pak has to think abt their batting. opening is a big worry for pak. above all afridi(anne wah shot maran wala) has to bat properly. when pak won t-20 championship, afridi played very well in semi final & final. when he can bat that sensibly then why he goes for lappe.

Thats what i m yelling about since few days now i can't understand the logic of playing with stop ballers rather than wicket takers, i don't know what the team management and captain is thinking , i hope Akhtar will be playing in next game

No matter hwatever the conditions will be i want Pakistan to bat first because by batting first we will have 3 advantages

1)We are not good chasers so by setting total our weakness will automatically be disappeared

2)We have bowling to defend total

3)WI are also not good chasers and we have seen that in last two matches they played

I agree with you if Pakistan bat first & make above 240 than match will be 100% winning match, if Pakistan bowl first than its 50 50 chance. Just pray after every namaz, i think the world cup is ours.:pakistan:

No matter hwatever the conditions will be i want Pakistan to bat first because by batting first we will have 3 advantages

1)We are not good chasers so by setting total our weakness will automatically be disappeared

2)We have bowling to defend total

3)WI are also not good chasers and we have seen that in last two matches they played

One positive aspect is that we have won last two matches by chasing the score unlike WI who lost to England and Bharat batting second. We have chased a target against a team like Australia, obviously it wasn't a very comprehensive chase but at least we have won matches while batting second unlike WI who have only won matches against minnows.

So the chances are in favor of Pakistan unless team green something highly outrageous which they are famous for. :lol:

Strengths and weaknesses:

PAKISTAN

Strengths:
* Lower middle order has highest average runs per batsman (31.2) at healthy strike rate (90.3)
* Best bowling economy rate during powerplays (4.2, with an 3.7 during powerplay one); good average (22.8)

Weaknesses:
* Lowest opening batting average (14.8), lowest strike rate (68.5)
* Lowest average during powerplays (28.7) and run rate (5.0)
* Most number of extras conceded (9.3%) relative to total score
* Lowest number of catches taken (19) alongside England.

WEST INDIES

Strengths:
* Good bowling performance, especially during powerplays; best average runs per wicket (18.0), decent economy rate (4.7)
* Fast bowling has best strike rate (22.8), second best average (16.9)
* Least number of extras (5.4%) conceded relative to total score

Weaknesses:
* Weakest batting performance, alongside Pakistan. Lowest average runs per wicket (26.5). Run rate (5.2) only better than Pakistan's.

Pakistan should use xtra spinner. . .Gayle and others have no answer against spin. . . England showed it. . . Anyway 98% of the crowd will be supporting Pakistan in the ground. .. So best of luck. .

World Cup XI

Mohammed Hafeez (dont play across the line)
Kamran Akmal (play for more than 15 overs = goal)
Asad Shafiq (stay at the wicket, with good strike rate)
Younis Khan (singles and doubles - cream spinners)
Umar Akmal (needed up the order to keep up the strike rate)
Misbah-ul-Haq (safety net, needed to slog and accumulate up to 40-45 overs)
Abdul Razzaq (needs to play up the order, takes time to slog)
Shahid Afridi (immediate slogger or play as floater depending on overs left)
Umar Gul (the best pace bowler in the team)
Shoaib Akhtar (only bowl 5-6 overs, rest is taken by Razzaq/Hafeez)
Abdul Rehman (best spinner, dries up runs, Akhtar takes wickets)

Gul 10 overs
Afridi 10 overs
Rehman 10 overs
Hafeez 7 overs
Akhtar 7/6 overs
Razzaq 6/7 overs

Wounderful analysis....
But I must say ...Ajmal shld play this game ...Windies are not good against Spinners.....

I think there is no wrong if we drop umer for one game....a kind of rest for his for Semis against AUS

This should be worry for Pakistan

Pakistan vs WI (World Cups 1975-2007)

Played 8
PAK won 2
WestIndies won 6

I think it is a gamble at this point to play Ajmal, Rehman is doing fine.

There is no room to play an additional spinner.

Rehman and Ajmal both shld play......Wt goes wrong if we drop Umer or Hafeez for one game and replace Saeed Ajmal.

There is no wrong, if Kamran and umer opens

• Kamran Akmal (play for more than 15 overs = goal)
  • Umar Akmal (needed up the order to keep up the strike rate)
  • Asad Shafiq (stay at the wicket, with good strike rate)
  • Younis Khan (singles and doubles - cream spinners)
  • Misbah-ul-Haq (safety net, needed to slog and accumulate up to 40-45 overs)
  • Abdul Razzaq (needs to play up the order, takes time to slog)
  • Shahid Afridi (immediate slogger or play as floater depending on overs left)
  • Umar Gul (the best pace bowler in the team)
  • Shoaib Akhtar (only bowl 5-6 overs, rest is taken by Razzaq/Ajmal)
  • Abdul Rehman (best spinner, ns, Akhtar takes wickets)
  • Saeed Ajmal (best off spineer)

I think, this u want .......u wanted Saeed Ajmal to play...Kamran and Misbah shld come up to improve the strike and flow of run.
I must say Hafeez shld be rested now for next games

Gail and Chunderpaul will play against Pakistan

Pakistan wins when they are expected to loose and looses when they are expected to win so lets wait for the result.

Pakistan to stick with winning combination
Updated at: 1731 PST, Tuesday, March 22, 2011

DHAKA: Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi indicated on Tuesday he would retain the side who defeated Australia in the World Cup group stages for Wednesday's quarter-final against West Indies.

Pakistan took the field for the Australia match without fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar and opened the bowling with left-armer Abdur Rehman as the defending champions were beaten for the first time at a World Cup since 1999.

"We want to go with the winning combination. We will see, but I think we are happy with this winning combination," Afridi told a news conference.

Afridi said the victory over Australia had given the 1992 champions a welcome confidence boost before the knockout stages.

"We worked hard before this World Cup. We are taking the practice sessions very seriously," he said. "I think we are feeling more confident now, it's a good sign before the quarter-final."

Afridi paid tribute to his bowlers, signalling out pace bowler Umar Gul for particular praise.

"He was struggling a little bit with his ankle before but I think he is 100 percent fit," Afridi said.

"He is doing a great job with the ball, especially with the new ball."

Hafeez has been doing a fine job for us. No need to change anything.. just stick with current team and possibly replace Ajmal with Abdur Rehman maximum... rest is ok and should remain intact

Ajmal is a wicket taking bowler and also very economical
Abdur Rehman is only economical but you don't expect him to run after the opposing teams and strike every now and than.

Back
Top Bottom