What's new

Pakistan vs India: WC Semifinal - March 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread shows that there are good Indians as well.

^^^^^^
There are plenty already.. If you go out looking for one you will find thousands.. :lol:

no they won 50 crore :lol::lol:

I was only joking, but it didn't take long for reality to dawn..

India (Ind) vs Pakistan (Pak): Furore in Pakistan as minister warns against fixing

Imran Khan
Former Pakistan cricket captain Imran Khan interacts with the media during 'Keep Cricket Clean' campaign in Kolkata on Monday. (PTI Photo)
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's interior minister Rehman Malik has always been something of a loose cannon when it comes to public statements. Even so, he took aback many by warning his country's cricket team on Monday against match-fixing, saying the government would closely scrutinize all players during their World Cup semifinal against India at Mohali. The statement was immediately criticized by former cricketers, including World Cup winning captain Imran Khan.

"I've warned them that there should be no match-fixing. I am keeping a close watch. If any such thing happens, we're going to take action," Malik told reporters in Karachi. He described the current team as comprising clean members but added, "It's necessary to monitor the players because we can't take any chances after the ICC banned Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer for spot fixing. We keep an eye on people who meet our players, with whom they talk to on telephone..."

Malik's statement left Pakistan's cricketers flabbergasted, with World Cup winning captain Imran Khan questioning Malik's English language skills. "I am more worried about Malik than the cricket team. For all who might know, Malik was absconding from justice until very recently," he said.

"The minister does not have a very good command of the English language so he must have meant something else. No one in the Pakistani team will even read that statement. They've better things to do."

Nevertheless, speaking on cricket and corruption, Khan said, "If one wants to stamp out corruption, the cricket boards and ICC must get more vigilant... Spot-fixing is very difficult to detect."

Another former Test player Zaheer Abbas rubbished Malik's remark, saying it was inappropriate. "Rather than boosting the morale of the players, the interior minister is trying to demoralize them," he said.

Former opener and now a commentator Aamir Sohail said, "The minister should have conveyed his message to the team personally rather than through the media. However, there are fears of match-fixing in the semifinal."

For good measure, Malik added, "They (cricketers) should concentrate on their practice and must go to bed early. They should ensure discipline and rise up according to their schedule. I advise them to dedicate themselves to the game for Pakistan."

This is getting very tedious indeed. Wait for the damn game.

What did the spectator miss when he went to the toilet?

The entire Pakistani Innings.

Lolll

Damn!!!.. either he was constipated and took 4.5 hours or the stadium hadn't had any toilets so he had to go to his house in kolkata (this is the name now right? :P)

Sorry to cut in, but I heard about the MMS's invitation to Pakistan, how did it come out? Are you guys going to accept that invitation?

Sachin 100 karay takay India haray lol jis match may sachin 100 karta hey India woh match haar jata hey :P lolz

oye jaldi khatam karoo Semi final 12 saal ka bachay kah rahay hain hamara blood pressure high horaha hey tension ke wajah say LOLZzzzz

Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal appealed to the local residents to spare rooms for the visiting Pakistani guests since hotel accommodations were completely sold out. :)

Punjab govt officers association already invited Pakistani fans to their homes.

I am sure black kar rahe honge good will k naam pe... I know very well my fellowmates.

I am sure black kar rahe honge good will k naam pe... I know very well my fellowmates.

kabhi black karte ho kabhi white karte ho

ticket bech bech kar apna batua tight karte ho.

on topic no i m sure its a good will gesture.

this shows that when you get rid of this cloud of animosity, there are just kind and good people in both country's who share the same values and morals. In the end, we are all humans.

Of course it is otherwise they would be blacking it only to indians...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom