What's new

Pakistan to overtake Britain as world's fifth largest nuclear power

But what is the point of having that much nukes? even fewer nukes can ensure paksitan's safety against any agression.

You know what and I bet many Pakistanis are thinking this ( the educated lot here) and going - "this is nothing to be proud of we need economic investments and not have the military once again suck the country dry"..

you only need 1/3 of what you have to blow up India and India only needs 1/3 of what it has to blow up Pakistan.

* shakes head* the IMF board upon hearing this must be thinking- what are they doing?

where are the brave voices on this forum and in Pakistan calling out stupidity like this from the military?

Im sure its only Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore are the 3 main citites only to hit, most of Pakistan is full of mountains and ice and beautiful scenary "I believe"

But what is the point of having that much nukes? even fewer nukes can ensure paksitan's safety against any agression.

This is a sensitive question, which I personally won't answer.

Are we talking about number of weapons or about the actual megatonnage of the warheads? I have little doubt that the UK is considerably ahead of Pakistan in sheer nuclear firepower and of course its submarine force with Trident offers a range and degree of security that Pakistan lacks. The major issue for Pakistan is surely the threat of an Indian first strike to disarm its opponent. How does Pakistan create the secure second strike capability that it needs?

About ur first doubt,no it is not about tonnage capacity,it is about number of warheads.

About second,Pakistan does not have and does not require second strike capability.

The reason,ur conception was wrong,India had declared no strike first policy.

why does US need so many nukes, when 'few' nukes can do the jobs easily

they had to take care of the whole world and most of their nukes were built during the cold war, now they have reduced it. but paksitan only need to worry about india.

Congratlagions to Pakistan it's not matter of pride I agree but it's very good to have these nukes as a deterrent against any aggression

they had to take care of the whole world and most of their nukes were built during the cold war, now they have reduced it. but paksitan only need to worry about india.

Maybe that was the case 20 years ago, but in today's world Pakistan has a lot more to worry about than just india.

I'm glad Pakistan is building more nukes, so many countries have their eye on Pakistan (and not in a good way). Its not only india anymore that sends its intelligence agencies to create problems for Pakistan and Pakistanis.

Maybe that was the case 20 years ago, but in today's world Pakistan has a lot more to worry about than just india.

I'm glad Pakistan is building more nukes, so many countries have their eye on Pakistan (and not in a good way). Its not only india anymore that sends its intelligence agencies to create problems for Pakistan and Pakistanis.

Depends on how far Pakistan missiles can go, can it go to Europe?

US and russia has nukes to destroy the world multiple times, pakistan has enemity with india only, but afghanistan, iran, russia US israel and europe even australia pose a threat to pakistan in future..(aussie pm said it would want to invade pakistan, US cia networks and arming india with nukes, europe also backs india, israel wanted to destroy kahota plant, afghanistan wants to take KP) etc

The world is trying to reduce its stockpile. why do you always follow the worst of others and never the best? The US is not broke like pakistan too.

US and russia has nukes to destroy the world multiple times, pakistan has enemity with india only, but afghanistan, iran, russia US israel and europe even australia pose a threat to pakistan in future..(aussie pm said it would want to invade pakistan, US cia networks and arming india with nukes, europe also backs india, israel wanted to destroy kahota plant, afghanistan wants to take KP) etc

there is great thread here called Pakistanis see conspiracy everywhere or something like that in another forum here.

Back
Top Bottom