What's new

Pakistan to form it's own T20 league like IPL

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was on table long time ago with Abdur Rahman Bakhatir...organizing in Dubai and other states..

no doubt about providing world class security. but, its about foreign players mentality and their mindset that tour will not be safe and they got example of sri lankan team.

you've failed to comprehend my previous post our main focus wouldn't be recruiting high profile foreign player as you have stated, cricket is a religion in pakistan.. there is more then enough demand for such league without the short term hype and bust....
do you think if you say'we'll give you billian dollars if ,by chance you get killed in terrorist attack' and they will say'ok, we'll come and play':lol:
as I said, there is no doubt that you guys can organise the tounament like IPL but the venue will be outside Pakistan till the situation gets normal.

listen you piece of indian.... there is risk everywhere doesn't matter if it's in pakistan, india or america, do you believe after 9\11 people stop working or living in towers... so don't give me your typical indian fear mongering against pakistan...

yes people will be more inclined to come since there would be a solid assurance of security and gaining a billion dollars...if attacked you idiot... not one single sri lanken player lost his life during the lahore attacks, so stop your deception. hey if someone assures that kind of cash with top notch security i would move to afghanistan...

already we have such domestic venues, which are organized by the private secotor but not on a large scale.....

Last edited:
Cricket in Kabul.

Epic joke is epic.
Maybe 20 years from now it would be a good idea though...maybe...

dude we've had 7 millon afghan refugees in pak and they've adopted the game.. the afghan team as i recall even made to a famous world tournament....

and if it was T20 Tournament pathans would dominate the league..
and further proof....

Cricket in Afghanistan is a sport growing in popularity. Afghanistan's proximity to the test playing nation of Pakistan has helped the game to take root.

Afghanistan's playing season runs from September to May. There are 320 cricket clubs and 6 turf wickets in Afghanistan.[1]
Contents [hide]
1 History
2 Governing body
3 Domestic competitions
3.1 Domestic teams
4 National team
5 See also
6 References
7 External links
[edit]History

Cricket was first played in Afghanistan in the mid 19th century, with British troops reported has having played in Kabul in 1839. However, unlike many countries, no lasting cricket legacy was left by the British, and it would be more than a hundred years before cricket returned.[1]

In the 1990s, cricket became popular amongst Afghan refugees in Pakistan, and the Afghanistan Cricket Federation was formed there in 1995. They continued to play cricket on their return to their home country.[1] Like all sports, cricket was originally banned by the Taliban, but cricket became an exception in 2000 and the Afghanistan Cricket Federation was elected as an affiliate member of the ICC the following year.[2]
Afghanistan's 21-run win over Namibia in Krugersdorp earned them official one day international status in April 17, 2009.
[edit]Governing body

Main article: Afghanistan Cricket Federation
Afghanistan Cricket Federation is the official governing body of the sport of cricket in Afghanistan. Its current headquarters is in Kabul, Afghanistan. Afghanistan Cricket Federation is Afghanistan's representative at the International Cricket Council and is an affiliate member and has been a member of that body since 2001. It is also a member of the Asian Cricket Council.
[edit]Domestic competitions

Afghanistan's domestic structure consists of a 25-over Inter-Provincial Tournament, which has the participation of 22 provinces in the tournament. The aim of the tournament is to spread the game across the country and to generate a greater depth of talent for the national team to select from. A further aim of the tournament has been to remove the perception that the game was played almost exclusively by members of the Pashto tribe in the East of the country. The best players from the tournament would be selected players for Afghanistan-A and under-19 teams based on their performance and would be sent for training and coaching to Bangladesh.
Two teams from the 12-team first round will advance to the next round. The top six from the tournament will then contest Afghanistan's main domestic event - a 50-over tournament in Kabul in May 2010.
[edit]Domestic teams
Laghman Province
Wardak Province
Parwan Province
Herat Province
Helmand Province
Nangarhar Province
Kunar Province
Nuristan Province
Balkh Province
Kunduz Province
Khost Province
Paktia Province
Kabul Province
Logar Province
Kandahar Province
[edit]National team

Main article: Afghanistan national cricket team
The Afghanistan national cricket team represents the country of Afghanistan in international cricket matches.

The national team, formed in 2001,[1] played in the 2009 World Cup Qualifier[3] after rising rapidly through the World Cricket League, starting in Division Five in May 2008.[4] They play in the Elite division of the ACC Trophy.[5]

Afghanistan's 21-run win over Namibia in Krugersdorp earned them official One Day International status. Afganistan won their first One Day International against Scotland.

you've failed to comprehend my previous post our main focus wouldn't be recruiting high profile foreign player as you have stated, cricket is a religion in pakistan.. there is more then enough demand for such league without the short term hype and bust....

listen you piece of indian.... there is risk everywhere doesn't matter if it's in pakistan, india or america, do you believe after 9\11 people stop working or living in towers... so don't give me your typical indian fear mongering against pakistan...

yes people will be more inclined to come since there would be a solid assurance of security and gaining a billion dollars...if attacked you idiot... not one single sri lanken player lost his life during the lahore attacks, so stop your deception. hey if someone assures that kind of cash with top notch security i would move to afghanistan...

already we have such domestic venues, which are organized by the private secotor but not on a large scale.....

From your reply looks like it is going to start this year. Please keep the forum posted with development.

Regards,
Hero

Theres no point in organizing a PPL other than the T20 games we used to have locally before (even before the IPL) between the cities, we already have a tournament, except that foreign players were never invited.

T20 format would be adopted... yeah i know about our local tournment but it isn't orgainized in a proper fashion.. they haven't even crowned the champoin yet.. it's severly Dysfunctional.. We don't need the hype of foregin player we should play on the regional Rivalries, which exist in our country...

Actually IPL would not have been as famous as other regional games if the non-South Asian teams were any good at T20 and would've seriously promoted the game.

Improving our national tournaments is very important today given that the trend of restricting Pakistani cricket is growing. Historically India was Pakistan's closest ally in cricket, but this particular incident is definitely going to damage ties and the next given chance Pakistan would screw them over too, so expect even less cricket for Pakistan except for world cups, champions trophies and Dubai sponsored games.

I couldn't agree with you more regarding improving our domestic circuit, this why we need to start such a league which would provide an avenue for talented youths to exhibit their skills and earn some serious $$$, cricket would support not only a few dozen players but a handful..

i remember a few years back soccer league started in North america and people said it would become defunct and so on... all of the franchises currently are netting profits and growing.. and they don't have huge number of high profile players, except for one..

even cricket at our national stage would significantly improve due to the fact talented youths would be identified and this cricket Cronyism would die down

Getting one or two international caliber players would be good in these national teams but I see the Indians trying to mess it up, by organizing the IPL at the same time or putting it in their lucrative IPL contracts that they can't play for Pakistani leagues, and other cheap shots like that.

of course we need to compete against them... and make our own contracts regarding IPL...

Last edited:
Pakistan must start its own cricket league , if we could not conduct matches in Pakistan for some time then we can do it in Dubai and sharja.

So we can get sponsors from Arabs and it will break the strength of IPL.

Regards:

From your reply looks like it is going to start this year. Please keep the forum posted with development.

Regards,
Hero

With definite Certainty we can confirm from your response your newbie indian troll....

please keep your trolling to yourself or your fate on this form will be quite uncertain

learn to freaken read it was response to your fellow Indian's typical fear mongering against pakistan, which i am very familiar with...

With definite Certainty we can confirm from your response your newbie indian troll....

please keep your trolling to yourself or your fate on this form will be quite uncertain

learn to freaken read it was response to your fellow Indian's typical fear mongering against pakistan, which i am very familiar with...

What is wrong with message. If you don't have answer don't reply. I know it is pakistani site. Please let us know when ppl is going to start.

I mainly see the following two factors that could hamper the idea of a Pakistani T20 league-

1. Scheduling- With the FTP in place and with IPL the cricketer's schedules are already packed. There are talks of burnout of cricketers with non-stop cricket. Any new tournament on the calendar would have to vie for a place against IPL and other well settled leagues and tournaments. This seems difficult unless the ICC relents or the players themselves display a wish to go and play.

2. Fears associated with Pakistan-The truth is that international cricket teams (apart from SL) are fearful of going to Pakistan. And without holding the games in Pakistan, the organizers wouldn't be able to attract the crowds. There's no point in holding a PPL if at least a few of the matches are not in Pakistan. But thats where international names dont wanna go.

If the above two factors are taken care of, there is every chance that PPL could be a success. Good luck to PCB.

What is wrong with message. If you don't have answer don't reply. I know it is pakistani site. Please let us know when ppl is going to start.

if you want to learn about PPL or when it's going to start, open a new thread and stop vandalizing this forum with your trollish and offtopic comments..to confirm your A-typical indian self

and PPL is taking place right now

your not answering anything or adding to the debate rather insulting pakistanis and pakistan on a pakistani forum if such actions persist you will be meted with an appropriate verdict

I mainly see the following two factors that could hamper the idea of a Pakistani T20 league-

1. Scheduling- With the FTP in place and with IPL the cricketer's schedules are already packed. There are talks of burnout of cricketers with non-stop cricket. Any new tournament on the calendar would have to vie for a place against IPL and other well settled leagues and tournaments. This seems difficult unless the ICC relents or the players themselves display a wish to go and play.

again i've stated it before which you seem to ignore and keep babbling your folly.. pakistani cricket league would compete directly against indians.. since already pakistanis have been unofficially barred in IPL, there is no need to worry about players being lost to IPL

2. Fears associated with Pakistan-The truth is that international cricket teams (apart from SL) are fearful of going to Pakistan. And without holding the games in Pakistan, the organizers wouldn't be able to attract the crowds. There's no point in holding a PPL if at least a few of the matches are not in Pakistan. But thats where international names dont wanna go.

I will, disprove indian lies and deception which they spread online.. team consists number of players and uninmous decisions are taken if one player objects in regards to personal safety.. then decision stands for the entire team... No player would be forced at gunpoint to sign contracts with pakistan, it's up to them.. our last coach was an Australian and many others foreigners live in pakistan... Yes there is disdain for americans none of the high level cricket super stars are american.. and the lahore attacks were planned by indians and carried out by them... the players should be worried about indians not pakistan

If the above two factors are taken care of, there is every chance that PPL could be a success. Good luck to PCB.

yes we will consult indians and follow their directive regarding our own cricket league.. without them what will we do... or more appropriate, what can't we do

Which financial Giants in Pakistan ?

There are number of companies, organizartions and people who are intrested to finance for league teams!!!!!!!
Pakistanies living in America, Abu dabi, Sharja and ofcourse few in Pakistan also intresed that.

Not only that there are number of local clubs, banks and corporate sector formed local league tournaments can put their money .....If any thing PPL gets start like IPL.

Dont u know, who's the owner of "Lahore Badshahs" in the competition of the Indian Cricket League (ICL)?

The entire domestic circuit in pakistan is organized by the private corperate sector
:yahoo::yahoo:

what is IPL worth, generous guess 1.8 billion, since we're 1/3 the size i'm pretty sure we can come up with 540 million.. how much did it cost to start ipl??? 4 to 5 hundred million Correspondingly it would cost around 100 to 200 million, which is alot of money for pakistani players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom