What's new

Pakistan: The undeclared ban on playing music lingers on

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Sir their is no such thing as matter of ALLAH and Muslims Sir ALLAH has told in Quran and sunnah what is haram and what is halal Sir and music is forbidden in Quran and Sunnah -
Fascinating. Yet the proofs listed are all hadiths, right? Nothing in the Quran itself?

I was just reading up on Arab music yesterday. It sounds dull and difficult to the Western ear but that's in part because the scale is based on quarter-tones, not halves, so there are twice as many notes in an octave. The other key influence the authors traced to the absence of representational imagery in Islam, which was reflected in music that also follows, like much Islamic art, scalar repeating patterns.

Yet nowhere was it mentioned that all this music was somehow forbidden.

So it depends on which sect or "school of thought" one prescribes to? But the sections which do consider it to be haram, what reasons do they furnish their opinion with?
@Hyperion @Oscar @Aeronaut is the following dialogue then factually incorrect?

Opinions are based on the interpretation of certain sayings of the prophet. Some interpretations draw odd conclusions based on singular events.. others do not. I follow an interpretation that does not consider music haraam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care much for Zarvi or his posts, however, it getting 6 thanks by people who I thought were "normal", confuses the crap out of me. :blink:

Oh well, more of em for target practice.... :pop:

Maybe it means yr not a ''normal'' person anymore.:azn:

I don't care much for Zarvi or his posts, however, it getting 6 thanks by people who I thought were "normal", confuses the crap out of me. :blink:

Oh well, more of em for target practice.... :pop:

Lol- bring it on- but be careful for your own sake- some may mark you as a target- :D-

Only if you knew me and the good deeds I have done..... :D

I was thinking how would their minced meat, packaged inside their own intestines look like? Kuch janwaron ka bhee bhalla ho jaye ga -- all malnourished doggyz could be fed for months at end! :P

Lol- bring it on- but be careful for your own sake- some may mark you as a target- :D-

Only if you knew me and the good deeds I have done..... :D

I was thinking how would their minced meat, packaged inside their own intestines look like? Kuch janwaron ka bhee bhalla ho jaye ga -- all malnourished doggyz could be fed for months at end! :P

I pretty much figured it out when mafiya bhai posted the initials- lol-

That isn't even the start of it.......... had several of them for lunch just before my Nikkah...... thousands more to go..... :woot:

Yes that is worth is being shown in India in every 30 minutes I am referring to Delhi bus case and other cases like that the west which you are following will make sure life turns hell for you

So all milli naghmay/ sufi songs are haraam too in islaam? What a retarded though you got

First--My intention is not trolling..I came to the news that there is some kind of undeclared ban on song by TTP by the news above..then I dig up the news in the top..is TTP is so much powerful that their diktat left so deep wound in Pakistan's Music Industry???also,"the Punjab lawmakers passed a bill in 2012 banning music concerts in educational institutes"--what kind of ch*tiyagiri is this???

Well the answer to your question is that there is no ban on music at least here in Karachi. A lot of new singers are emerging every other day and the things are going well if not perfect. Yeah not a lot of concerts are organized but that has more to do with general law and order situation of Karachi and not Taliban. Pakistani music industry is overall growing despite challenges here in Karachi or even in Punjab and Islamabad. Even a lot of new singers from KPK and FATA have emerged and are very famous countrywide like the famous duo of Zeb and Hania. As your article itself says some singers do complain of threats and persecution just to get some support from the foreign donors NGO's. Here in Karachi many new singers even from the minorities have made it big and are now famous countrywide. Latest example might be Zoe Viccaji, a Pakistani parsi. A few months ago she had a concert in Agha Khan university where my cousin is studying. A large number of audience was present there according to my cousin. So it is wrong to say there is ban in Pakistan on music. In FATA and KPK, to some extent yes but not in allover Pakistan. Taliban obviously have issues with music. Well what else you expect from Taliban, the same guys who even bomb funerals. Otherwise there is no ban on music in Pakistan.

That isn't even the start of it.......... had several of them for lunch just before my Nikkah...... thousands more to go..... :woot:

You make it sound like Pakistan is winning the war on terror- :lol:-
Reality check?-

Nahin yaar, that's not the problem. The foreigners are easy to identify, yet locals who have been corrupted need some attention. The problem is to do them or not, a question pops up..... One day I think, there will be no other choice but to do them, however, if and when that day comes, it's consequences will spill over to rest of Pakistan...... anyhow, let's see......

You make it sound like Pakistan is winning the war on terror- :lol:-
Reality check?-

on1jx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom