What's new

Pakistan SLV launch facility recently completed

If it really was a SLV facility (as you call it) it would be all over in the Pakistani media. I'm 100% sure it is not.

Dude that was totally uncalled for. The world used to laugh at us when we started our first SLV program in the 60s but we never bothered about them and despite all odds worked towards achieving that goal. If we cared about the world views back then our Space Program which we are extremely proud of would not had achieved so many milestones and become what it is right now among the leading space research organization in the world. Imagine instead of planning to conduct a human spaceflight, and soft landing a rover on the moon we would have been stuck trying to launch a punny 40-50 kg satellite to LEO with already achieved milestones likePSLV, IRNSS, GSAT, RISAT Mangalyaan and Chandrayaan 1 would have looked like a distant dream and thinking of GSLV with our indigenously developed cryogenic engine would have sounded like the most ridiculous thing in the world.

You guys have Russia to help you, we have Fuking US to stop us. Result is world already know

Your point ???
the point being a dedicated infrastructure is required for manufacture of slv and launch station.
if pakistan attempts such a thing,everyone will know about it instantly

the point being a dedicated infrastructure is required for manufacture of slv and launch station.
if pakistan attempts such a thing,everyone will know about it instantly
:tsk:

Seriously guys, what does it change? Pakistan has nukes too, but I don't see India or the rest of South Asia erased from the map. So what if Pakistan has SLV technology (or not)? Does it somehow impact Varun or Rahul's daily routine?

It makes for interesting discussion, sure, but nothing more.

Now if you were counting on Pakistan not getting towards SLV technology, then to be very frank, find yourself a new hobby. It's one thing to be interested or intrigued by what Pakistan's doing, but to fixate on it and to try and bend the reality to meet your biases is unhealthy, seriously unhealthy. Let it go.

Thats exactly what happened.
It might be for you and others, but development of the SLV was inevitable. We might see a launch in 2-3 years.
Whats the status of Jehlum facility? i thought we r building a launch pad there too or we already have it?

i heard this jehlum and somiani will be our two launch pads.

Anything more than Google Earth? It would be nice to actually here some solid news about this.

Anything more than Google Earth? It would be nice to actually here some solid news about this.

Investing in science is always good.

What the sub continent is free thinking scientists.

My brother hated the sciences because it was taught too rigidly in India. When came to New Zealand, he was allowed way more freedom.

Hopefully the education system will be use the student to create and implement ideas, rather than the rote learning.

I have no idea about Pakistani education system though :-)

Back
Top Bottom