What's new

Pakistan should acquire Altay Tanks from Turkiye?

First of all we dont need to require such MBTs. we are a Nuclear Power we should only focus on deliveries (Systems) of Nuclear warheads in the most sofisticated manner, rather such build up conventional warfare. i.e. by Air - better Jets, cant rely on 18 F16's 52+ (one cannot fight with India, Israel & US with these insane numbers at least 300 top of the line planes a MUST) Sea - Nuclear Subs & Land Missiles, better then Brahamos etc. Finally Army we need only 200K if we have the above (look at France & UK Military Doctorine)

While the Tanks do posses a great value , I think we are better off to work wth Turkey on Digitizing our Communication networks and Military tactical systems so these cannot be jammed or interfered with by Electronic warfare.

I think we should invest in Tanks that remain invisible from Airplane missiles that should be ideal focus for next generation Tanks that Pakistan wants to get

I have seen some research material on such tanks which become invisible to Airplane tracking as they do not give out heat signitures such a modernization would be a wonderful achivemen if we can go that far

Turkish friends have wonderful systems for Miliatry Commadn Center and Field Generals that command a battlefield such tactical awareness systems would be ideal purchase for Pakistan Army to modernie our Military forces

They also have some nice traiing methods

These could be valuable addition to any fighter jet in Pakistan forces

Last edited by a moderator:
Altay is no doubt a very good tank but before anything else the following questions need to be asked.

- We already have Shermans, M47 & M 48 Pattons, T- 59, Al Zaraar, T-80 , Al Khalid and a few more types. Do we really need a new tank & add the associated maintenance & logistic paraphernalia.

- We have spent a lot of time, money and manpower resources to develop Al Khalid. Instead of improving it, must we go for a brand new tank?

- Keeping in mind Pakistan’s fragile economy, should we even consider spending money on a slightly better tank rather than making do with what we have. Wouldn’t the limited amount of money allocated to the Army be better spent on some other essential equipment such as anti-tank helos?

In view of the above, I don’t see any point is debating this subject any more.

Altay is no doubt a very good tank but before anything else the following questions need to be asked.

- We already have Shermans, M47 & M 48 Pattons, T- 59, Al Zaraar, T-80 , Al Khalid and a few more types. Do we really need a new tank & add the associated maintenance & logistic paraphernalia.

- We have spent a lot of time, money and manpower resources to develop Al Khalid. Instead of improving it, must we go for a brand new tank?

- Keeping in mind Pakistan’s fragile economy, should we even consider spending money on a slightly better tank rather than making do with what we have. Wouldn’t the limited amount of money allocated to the Army be better spent on some other essential equipment such as anti-tank helos?

Young man, unless I'm mistaken, all the Shermans & the Pattons were retired quite a while ago & even the T-59s & the Type-85s which aren't upgraded to the Al-Zarrar standard are in storage. So logistically we really shouldn't have any problems right now because the Al-Zarrar package was supposed to bring them T-59s & the Type 85s up to the T-80UD standard & the Al-Khalid shares some input from the Ukrainians ! So to a layman like me it appears as if our Tank force has quite a bit of commonality at the moment.

And I do agree we don't need another tank right now however good it is for the Al-Khalid has ample growth potential ! But some sub-systems by Aselsan & others who part of the Altay program would be something nice to look into.

^^^ i think you are right ,when you will have enough Al-Khalid you can replace all your Al Zarrar with more sophisticated Tank like atley. eventually you will have two Tank to operate Al-khalid I/II and Atley where first one would have some component from Atley .

No disgrace to ALATY, which indeed seem to be a potent machine, i don't think it is what PA need at all.

Al-Khalid design have been very promising and so is its future with AK-I improvements and further AK-II rumors!
They can also hit targets while on the move, have very advance NV and Thermal Imaging devices. The protection system have also been acquired for AK-I and further improvements will come with AK-II.
At best, if we do have ANY problem with fire control system (there are non i know of and the FCS on AK-I is reported to be excellent and PA is completely satisfied), we can go for the Turkish Aselsan's Volkan Fire Control System III for AK-II.

A mix of AK and ALTAY is what PA need at max (if they do need any) as AK have done its job quite well!

With all the economic situation, the last thing we need is to import a system that we can produce very well at home and is internationally competitive!

Multiple variants means multiple workshop and overhauling plant. Which only gives extended expenses. Rather you should have just single multipurpose Tank chassis that you can also use in making AFV, ARV, APC etc.. should cost less and easy to maintain. Thanks..

I think Pakistan army should procure altay and IFV along with the latest armour vehicle's for it's special China specific division.

I think Pakistan army should procure altay and IFV along with the latest armour vehicle's for it's special China specific division.
Steady on mate I see you have fetish for armored vehicles. The tank will have to be put through trials and if it passes PA trials then why not!

Altay No but IFV and APC and Anti Tank weapons for sure

Bro, Otokar unveiled a new vehicle for Turkey's anti-tank missile carriage vehicle program.

Tulpar-S
CEOsiY_UkAEXyrU.jpg:large

Anti-tank missile launcher system
Aselsan_shows_latest_technology_of_anti-tank_remotely_controlled_weapon_station_at_IDEF_2015_640_001.jpg

Remotely controlled and stabilized Weapon Platform carrying 4 Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (HELLFIRE. JAVELIN. KORNET-E, Mizrak-O )

Altay MBT

qY8YAQ.jpg
0qNky8.jpg
3DjaAA.jpg

Aselsan Akkor hard-kill radar/launcher/munitions are introduced.

1-jpg.218755.jpg

Akkor hard-kill detail informaton:

-Akkor radar C band, 70 degree coverage.
-Altay will have 4 Akkor radar to be installed on turret corners.
-Launchers are going to be installed on two cross corners of Altay turret
-Capable of engaging HEAT munitions, ATGM, RPG
-Trials are proceeding, will be ready in 2018.

FNSS also introduced a new vehicle called Kaplan for Weapon carriage tender.

Bro, Otokar unveiled a new vehicle for Turkey's anti-tank missile carriage vehicle program.

Tulpar-S
CEOsiY_UkAEXyrU.jpg:large

Anti-tank missile launcher system
Aselsan_shows_latest_technology_of_anti-tank_remotely_controlled_weapon_station_at_IDEF_2015_640_001.jpg

Remotely controlled and stabilized Weapon Platform carrying 4 Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (HELLFIRE. JAVELIN. KORNET-E, Mizrak-O )

Altay MBT

qY8YAQ.jpg
0qNky8.jpg
3DjaAA.jpg

Aselsan Akkor hard-kill radar/launcher/munitions are introduced.

1-jpg.218755.jpg

Akkor hard-kill detail informaton:

-Akkor radar C band, 70 degree coverage.
-Altay will have 4 Akkor radar to be installed on turret corners.
-Launchers are going to be installed on two cross corners of Altay turret
-Capable of engaging HEAT munitions, ATGM, RPG
-Trials are proceeding, will be ready in 2018.

FNSS also introduced a new vehicle called Kaplan for Weapon carriage tender.

It can be good to replace our old M113 and SAAD and others

NO Altay!

Turkey can help us design and develop a new turret and other sub systems for AKs.

There are many other Turkish defence products that we can procure.

I still want us to ditch vipers and go for ATAKs.

I say put Altay through the PA trials see what the capabilities are and I am sure it will not disappoint. Plus upgrades can be applied to AK series like the way Leopard 2 has been.

Akkor hard-kill system

ads%C4%B1z-jpg.219031.jpg

-Green: Radar of AKKOR
- Red: cameras
- Yellow: LWR
- Black: NBC sensors
- Blue: Launcher of AKKOR

Munition/Launcher and Radar

qY80JD.jpg

Altay will have 4 Akkor C band radar to provide 360 degree protection.
2gNdaj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom