What's new

Pakistan’s middle class defies ‘conservative’ stereotype

General sir, we desi people really dont appreciate our local food, we only realise them when we dont get them :(
you can eat biryani, nihari, for one 3 days continuously , but you cant eat pasta, pizza and other westren food for ever 2 days ..

Pasta and Pizza made at home is not that bad but boss,maida maida all the time is crazy,

Atta beats everything and Makki/Bajra is even more awesome.

This article is giving a wrong impression regarding Pakistani middle class.
Pakistan middle class is around 35 million, 19.2% of total population which is very small compare to other countries.
Upper Class = 7.8% Middle Class = 19.2 % Lower Class =72.5 %

It's shrinking middle class due to PPP government, Pakistan should focus on economy to increase middle class from 19% to 50% in next 5 years.

Dont know about other provinces but here in KP specially Peshawar is having growing foodstreets. even in residential areas we are now faced with expanding plazas with growing business of fast and desi food. and on top of that Lahoris are having all these .

how is the availability of Vegetarian food? I suggested in my company tht we should open an office in Pak. I will come there if they open, but the look given to me suggested , "not now". :(

biryani.jpg

images

images

images

Do we have Fat Burger in India anywhere? What McDonals serves in biggest insult to what a good burger should be.

i think pak has good prospects with a growing middle class. lahore and karachi will be 2 cities to invest in the future. large popolation with money to spend. i hope indian it opens centres tehre.

Do we have Fat Burger in India anywhere? What McDonals serves in biggest insult to what a good burger should be.

There are street burgers in Pakistan that kill western style burgers.

how is the availability of Vegetarian food? I suggested in my company tht we should open an office in Pak. I will come there if they open, but the look given to me suggested , "not now". :(

What kind of veg food you like?

Here also. I cannot eat McDonalsd. But my friends who have been abroad say that in US the McDonalds are totally different to what we get and like our proper burgers. But what we get is disgusting flat white patties with no texture. And the size is like for a Barbie doll.

We have a large number of such items locally since not everyone go for beef-mutton-chicken everytime.

Specially the areas where most of the offices are they order mixfood with a good number of vegi dishes from such outlets

This is a famous veg burger in Karachi.

And look at our Pakistani people, still eating the burger by breaking off the bun like rotii. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

What kind of veg food you like?

paneer based, north indian stuff, rice based stuff.. indo-chinese, south indian like dosa-idli. i love to try newer foods. you?

paneer based, north indian stuff, rice based stuff.. indo-chinese, south indian like dosa-idli. i love to try newer foods. you?

I eat everything except pork, and shrimp.

The reason for pork is religious and although I like seafood shrimp is a bottom feeder.

In my village home we mostly eat veg dishes unless it's special occasion or guests come.

In city home it's complete opposite with kebab and boti being on the menu daily.

Personally my favorite dishes are beef/goat karrai. Chapli and seek kebab. Nihari, kerala ghost, and saag.

Interesting thing my grandmother used to do in village is she would take chana dal and mince into a keema. That was pretty good substitute for meat.

This is a famous veg burger in Karachi.

And look at our Pakistani people, still eating the burger by breaking off the bun like rotii. :rofl:

Tu Baaz Nahi'n Ayega :lol:......what can the poor chaps do, the burger looks like something between an omelet and a runny daal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom