What's new

Pakistan’s Atomic Dad has decided not to contest General Elections

Cyberian

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan’s nuclear father not contesting vote: party
Saturday, March 30, 2013

ISLAMABAD: The father of Pakistan’s nuclear bomb has decided not to contest general elections in May, but will support his party and its allies on the campaign trail, a party spokesman said on Friday. Many Pakistanis regard Abdul Qadeer Khan, 76, as a hero for building the Muslim world’s first atomic bomb but in the West he is considered a dangerous renegade since admitting in 2004 to selling nuclear secrets on the black market.

He later retracted his remarks and was freed from house arrest in Islamabad in 2009, but he remains under pressure from the authorities to keep a low profile.

Khan last November registered his Tehreek-e-Tahafuzz Pakistan or Save Pakistan Movement (SPM) to contest general elections for the first time and was allotted the symbol of a missile on request.

“Doctor Abdul Qadeer Khan will not take part in the election, but he will continue to befittingly support his party and its allies,” party spokesman Rohail Akbar said in a statement.

“The party candidates and our allies have obtained nomination papers and they will stand for election in all parts of Pakistan,” Akbar said. The party is campaigning on a ticket to end corruption, inflation and power cuts, but is not expected to win many votes. The May 11 vote stands to mark the first democratic transition of power in Pakistani history, which has been dominated by four military rulers. afp

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

It will be embarrassing to have him even hold a government position after all he's done.

It will be embarrassing to have him even hold a government position after all he's done.

what he has done is put a stick on american back because soon iran will be nuclear power and this will be nightmares for all the american investment since 60 years to make its illegal state in the middle east

what he has done is put a stick on american back because soon iran will be nuclear power and this will be nightmares for all the american investment since 60 years to make its illegal state in the middle east

:rollseyes:

what he has done is almost make pakistan a pariah state. He made us to blame if Iran ever misuses its technology.

try to read the story posted by @Slayer786 and dont try to be fooled by the effort of some indians in undermining our heroes

We can agree to disagree my friend, IMHO Dr AQK is not the father of Pakistan's nuclear program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Munir Ahmed Khan and Dr Abdus Salam are in the top of my list They are our real fathers.

AQK only enriched Uranium.

AQK did not invent the bomb, he was just an effective project manager for it. He smuggled things from here n there, stole some tech, bribed the right people, gained foreign expertise... Basically he got the job done. So he does deserve some credit, but there was no inventor of the bomb - the bomb was invented decades ago. It was all a matter of getting the right know-how and the components to recreate what was already invented.

The recreation was a team effort.

I agree with you. Dr. Munir ahmed Khan is my hero. He worked quietly and tirelessly all his life for Pakistan.

Dr. Qadeer Ahmed is biggest SELF PROMOTER who wants to take all the credit away from other Pakistani scientist who worked quietly for Pakistan's nuclear program. He loves to give Interviews to Foreign Reporters. Why does Pakistan's Nuclear Scientist who has Pakistan's most guarded secrets have this burning desire to be in Media Limelight. I cannot understand this man.

There were thousands of Pakistani Nuclear Scientist who worked tirelessly away from their families and kept their secrets till the last day.

This is not to say that Dr, A.Q. Khan did not contribute but he does have the tendency to the hog limelight and not give others credit where credit is due. I respect Munir Ahmed Khan a 1000 times more than A. Q. Khan.

Salute to every one ... who served my homeland..... All the names mentioned above.......
Who was the father who are not...... Let look at all of them with respect..... Why should I be biased....

Salute to every one ... who served my homeland..... All the names mentioned above.......
Who was the father who are not...... Let look at all of them with respect..... Why should I be biased....

Great comment...:tup::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom