What's new

Pakistan, Russia to up anti-terror cooperation

No dude u r wrong ... Our relation with Russia not that weak ...

They already share their best technology with India (Pak Fa)

It will be beneficial for Pakistan to have good relations with Russia! there are few things to clear first though..

1) When Russia lent her hand in 1948 to PAK, to become strategic partner we refused and our PM flew to US instead. Interesting point is that Russia offered it to PAK first and not to India. However we could't grasp that opportunity.

2) In the collapse of USSR PAK played vital role.

3) India did very well on this front and developed solid ties with Russia and i should say their politicians were far sighted in this case and knew US couldn't be trusted. Russia gave them all the tech specifically for their defence needs and never showed their back, unlike USA which has used PAK on numerous occasions and still embargoed.

Now thats the past! and i sincerely hope its time to wake up in the name of Pakistan and if there is any chance we should mend our mistakes and create better ties with Russia. Although it may not be easy since India can pressure Russia otherwise.

China can play vital role but only if India doesn't interfere which they will and Russia has every reason to listen to them.

No dude u r wrong ... Our relation with Russia not that weak ...

They already share their best technology with India (Pak Fa)
Who you replying too....Who said India Russia relations are weak....this thread is about Pak-Russia relation.

good point! this news may create further disturbance in the minds of indian military and GoI in choosing MRCA because whatever they choose they are in big time trouble.

I think this is all an Indian game plan to hoodwink Pakistan, who will do whatever to please Russia to have its dream of future arms purchases..
Now Russia will ask in India's behalf..the terrorists and even Dawood :D .Pakistan have no choice other than obliging, because they think with US playing more active part in giving hight tec arms to India..Pakistan have to warm up with Russia..because they know they can't rely on sub standard (untested in actual war) Chinese stuff..and the JF17 engines we all know came from Russia.

But...Russia is not USSR anymore..is a weak country, economically.

Yes we use all available options we have like RD93 and so on + our economics ties

What's the general view regarding Pakistanis among the Russian masses ?

That u can just imagine...they think u people are stooges of Americans..they still remember ur army men dressed as taliban downing Soviet heli's with stinger missiles..now since ur relations with US seems to ebb..they (along with India) is trying to fiddle you thru backdoor

I think this is all an Indian game plan to hoodwink Pakistan, who will do whatever to please Russia to have its dream of future arms purchases..
Now Russia will ask in India's behalf..the terrorists and even Dawood :D .Pakistan have no choice other than obliging, because they think with US playing more active part in giving hight tec arms to India..Pakistan have to warm up with Russia..because they know they can't rely on sub standard (untested in actual war) Chinese stuff..and the JF17 engines we all know came from Russia.

But...Russia is not USSR anymore..is a weak country, economically.

:hang2::hang2: do you think russain friendship is only for arm purchases!!!!! you are wrong.
This friendship will benefit both countries thus dictation is not possible..
so you keep dreaming and scratching your head which MRCA to be purchased.!!;)

Last edited:
Yes we use all available options we have like RD93 and so on + our economics ties

yes u will have to..this world is getting smaller and smaller...those who have ECONOMIC clout will dominate the world...Time is running out for Pakistan they will have to focus beyond INDIA, and Pakistan have advantages too Russia is in shambles economically, they will sell NUke plants etc maybe they will hesitate to sell military eqpt to Pakistan initially.

u just sit tight there, wait and watch....
this is just the beginning!:smokin:

You misunderstand me i actually russians help in any time rather than america they are building huge mega nuclear plant in India and they are ready to share their nuclear fuel us.

If you make dealing with russians there would be less electric problem like in India but that deal not america give you:)

As Russia says the terrorist attack on Russia originates from Pakistan - Afghanistan region. Russia is doing it to stop terrorist attacks.

As India also do with Pakistan.

What's new in this?? What's to be happy about? Where is the sign of new found friendship etc.

i dont know y pakistanis are expecting too much frm this.
neither ruskies will forget their time in afgh ,nor u.s will let them to do so.
i think this is enough.

good point! this news may create further disturbance in the minds of indian military and GoI in choosing MRCA because whatever they choose they are in big time trouble.

No way! If we don't buy MRCA from Russia, India still largest buyer of Russian weapons and the lead country in various defence R&D. Still India will invest, contribute and buy much more weapons than Pakistan if we don't go for MiG-35.

Its good to see Russia and Pakistan working on terror but your cooperation will not work the way you are talking. Just few example...

1) 270 MKI
2) ~1600 T-90S.
3) 2 Akula-2
4) Vikramaditya with MiG-29K
5) 6 Krivak stealth ships
6) Brahmos versions
7) PAK FA
8) MRTA transport aircraft

and many more...

good that both countries have agreed on co-operation against terrorism.
this way world should get together...even China and India have come closer..examples BRIC and increasing trade ties.

;)

Back
Top Bottom