What's new

Pakistan needs serious investment in Space Program

Education first all else would follow automatically.

Don't they need a Big budget for that.

Thəorətic Muslim;4851740 said:
There will always be 9 planets. The International Astronomical Union can suck on it.

There are 8 planets in solar system.
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune

Pluto is counted in dwarf planets and total number of dwarf planets are 5.
Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, Eris

Hence 8 planets.

For these things,you need to start from scratch. A good schooling system,good universities etc.
A good space agency doesn't come up in a day or two.

We have way too many Engineers and Doctors and not enough qualified IT personnel or Economists. These are the areas we need to improve on. It is amazing the most young men in this country take up business studies yet the country has so few Economists and level of Economics knowledge among the general population is very poor.

Thəorətic Muslim;4851740 said:
The only thing the US did in the Cold War was Compete with the Godless Soviets and their satellites.

Everyone need someone o compete against.

Hell, I competed against Arnold Shalwars-engger when I was 15-17 years old in weight training. He beat me though. :cry:

When a nation decides to make ' competing' with another as its sole aim it ends up floundering .

Example : USSR.

And What about Research and technology sector? should we leave it until we achieve 100% literacy rate , and then nation cry when researchers start to leave their country as their is no one to fund any sort of research project. Basic Education and Research Education are 2 different matters, please don't mix them with each other.

For doing quality research and development quality scholars are required which are only produced by quality universities and to be honest, we have none recognizable on global level.

Space Program is must for Pakistan and converting a Missile into Space Vehicle is not that hard process.

We are good 100 years behind in Ship manufacturing , I mean people will building Titanic in 1900's while we can barely make
small ships size of bus ....

Space is no different most of the stuff we sent in space either malfunctioned or fell out of orbit

It falls down to LACK OF VISION and ambition.

Our Governments ambition is Loan , and Bail out
Our Youth's desire is foreign country visa.

I don't even know if we have a single Astronomy Building in country
There are private Astronomy clubs but not a single "Astronomical Research Faclity"

SuperStock_1566-538938.jpg

For doing quality research and development quality scholars are required which are only produced by quality universities and to be honest, we have none recognizable on global level.
But Most of Universities are recognized over the quality of research , Once our cream students gets an equal funds for their respective research and then promoted according to their work then whats gonna stop your universities to get in a top positions , Now don't tell me that Pakistanis don't have enough potential , Pakistani researchers do have potential but they don't get enough support from society like a journalist , Actors , Soldiers , Politicians etc gets. Their is no scope in any field of research here , trust me Mate , Here lots of things are banned even If civilians want to conduct research at their own.

if the governments are not interested nothing can happen.. if it is due to lack of funds then please take some out of nuclear program and invest in this.. we need our own compass.. our own GPS.. our own satellites for research and spying.. SUPARCO has become too much dependent on China but beware that china will prove worst than USA in future.. as far as education is concerned.. research and education go hand in hand..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom