What's new

Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft launched

And what's the opinion if they got the Type 037-II .
Now i guess someone will say these will pose an even bigger target...:lol: Easy to hit.:D

b002.bmp

b005.jpg

No No i'm not joking ,520 ton displacement they can go for it.

The vessel is armed with six YingJi-8 anti-ship missiles (two groups, each with three launchers), which use active radar homing and is powered by a turbojet (with a solid rocket booster). The anti-ship missile has a range of 80~120km and approaches the target in sea skimming mode at a speed of 0.9 Mach. The 165kg shaped charge warhead has time delayed impact proximity fuses.
Guns: 2 Type 76A 37 mm (II x 1) and 2 AK-230
Also got a sophisticated C3I system.

type037ii_houjian_01.jpg

And the Houbei class

Anti-ship missiles: 8 C-801/802/803 in friction stir welded aluminium missile launch containers or
Land-attack missiles: 8 Hongniao missile-2 long range land attack cruise missiles.
Surface-to-air missiles: FLS-1 surface-to-air launcher with 12 QW class MANPAD missiles
1 × licensed copy of KBP AO-18 6-barrel 30 mm gun (AK-630) by ZEERI

Last edited:
These Gun Boats wud be Very Much in Pieces in Front of Indian Navy's Modern Surface Fleet
:cheers:

if you think that PN would be fighting the whole war with this than you are wrong,cause for that we have this:
Frigates
F-22P Zulfiquar class
F-251 PNS Zulfiqar
F-252 PNS Shamsheer
F-253 PNS Saif
F-254 (under construction & expected to be delivered in 2012/2013)

PNS Zulfiquar delivered August 2009
PNS Shamsheer delivered December, 2009
PNS Saif is delivered to Pak Navy on 15 Sep 2010 and commioned on 11/11/2010.

Tariq class
F181 PNS Tariq
F182 PNS Babur
F183 PNS Khaibar
F184 PNS Badr
F185 PNS Shah Jahan
F186 PNS Tippu Sultan 6

MRTP-33

* PNS Zarrar
* PNS Karrar
MRTP-15

* P01 PNS ?
* P02 PNS ?
Agosta 90B class submarine

* PNS/M Khalid
* PNS/M Saad
* PNS/M Hamza

2 Agosta 70

* PNS/M Hasmat
* PNS/M Hurmat

PNS Alamgir 1
1 acquired in Aug, 2010.[35]

for more info on how PN can beat the sh*t outta you refer to this:Pakistan Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :pakistan:

These Gun Boats wud be Very Much in Pieces in Front of Indian Navy's Modern Surface Fleet
:cheers:

Yes Im sure..
after all.. the idea of littoral warfare is beyond you.
The fact that such craft are excellent hit and run combatants..
That they use the coastal areas effectively to deny the enemy early detection..
Beyond you.

And what's the opinion if they got the Type 037-II .
Now i guess someone will say these will pose an even bigger target...:lol: Easy to hit.:D

b002.bmp

b005.jpg

No No i'm not joking ,520 ton displacement they can go for it.

The vessel is armed with six YingJi-8 anti-ship missiles (two groups, each with three launchers), which use active radar homing and is powered by a turbojet (with a solid rocket booster). The anti-ship missile has a range of 80~120km and approaches the target in sea skimming mode at a speed of 0.9 Mach. The 165kg shaped charge warhead has time delayed impact proximity fuses.
Guns: 2 Type 76A 37 mm (II x 1) and 2 AK-230
Also got a sophisticated C3I system.

type037ii_houjian_01.jpg

And the Houbei class

Anti-ship missiles: 8 C-801/802/803 in friction stir welded aluminium missile launch containers or
Land-attack missiles: 8 Hongniao missile-2 long range land attack cruise missiles.
Surface-to-air missiles: FLS-1 surface-to-air launcher with 12 QW class MANPAD missiles
1 × licensed copy of KBP AO-18 6-barrel 30 mm gun (AK-630) by ZEERI

I am expecting few structural and system changes like in the case of F-22P.

Looks good a cost effective alternative to the Milgem for littoral operations. Does it have ASW capability or is it surface attack specific ?

any image of the ship?

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Yes Im sure..
after all.. the idea of littoral warfare is beyond you.
The fact that such craft are excellent hit and run combatants..
That they use the coastal areas effectively to deny the enemy early detection..
Beyond you.

what is littoral warfare? :smitten: never heard of it. how will it help against indians?

any image of the ship?

---------- Post added at 07:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

what is littoral warfare? :smitten: never heard of it. how will it help against indians?

Littoral warfare is also called as costal defence and brown water tactics.These boats lack the range and are usually small hit-and-run ships. These boats must not be underestimated as they carry a lot of fire power. These are usually used to protect the coastline from landing ships and also from the surface ships to get close.

These are usually boats used against surface fleet. There is minimal ASW capability in these boats.

Looks good a cost effective alternative to the Milgem for littoral operations. Does it have ASW capability or is it surface attack specific ?

It's a missile boat :no torpedoes or ASW rockets.

Read this:

Naval Institute Guide to Combat ... - Google Books

The pics posted above is of 771 (and a model of 772).....and 770 to 773 were based at hongkong.

First batch was of 6 Type 037-II (from 770 to 775).
The next one which we are getting will be more formidable and it starts after 776.
Modifications are
New Russian gunmount,Radar fire control system and defensive armaments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom