What's new

Pakistan made significant progress under Musharraf: PML

Zeeshan S.

Reaction score
This is true, no other government could do as much as what Musharraf government has done. It has leaded the country to the prosperity!

Go to Karachi and see it by yourself!

Pakistan made significant progress under Musharraf: PML (Q)

NEW YORK: Pakistan has made significant progress in the fields of economy, politics, security and defence during the seven-year tenure of President Gen Pervez Musharraf, said Muslim League (Q) US leaders here.

The PML (Q) US leaders were speaking at a ceremony held in connection with the seven-year tenure of President Gen Pervez Musharraf. Mian Zakir Naseem said that Pakistan had made considerable progress with a new spirit and commitment under President Musharraf. "Pakistan has emerged as a strong economic power," he added. He said that the Assemblies would complete its tenure due to the stable democratic institutions in the country.

He said that sustainable and correct economic policies paved the way for investment in Pakistan.

Malik Sikandar Aziz said that the incumbent rulers instead of making tall claims had done practical work.

He said the PML (N) tried to celebrate October 12 as a black day, which was rejected by the party workers. He said the opposition should bear it in mind that the future of Pakistan could have been at stake had the step of October 12 not been taken.

http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?157565

Look who's saying all this PML...lotas.....who made the most progress

*robbed the poor of pakistan 100-130 billion rupees via the sugar scandal (hiking the price overnight 50% ) with impunity.

*Had their bank defaults to the tune of billions...frozen/forgiven or simply taken beyond the reach of the law of the land.

*stole with impunity relief goods meant for the starving and freezing in kashmir and nwfp....in some cases asked their relatives in the army to help steal ( using army trucks to steal such things as blankets meant for quake people ).

Skeptic i was in Pakistan that time.

Government via government shops were giving people sugar for much less.

Come on guys, give the government some credit when its due!
Country is progressing is its in much better shape than six years ago.
FDI, Forex, Export, GDP, GDP/pc...and many other parameters are all time high!
WB, ADB, IMF, Multinationals and International Banks, all have acknowledged our economic U-turn.

This government did it's bad deeds and it's good deeds. Like everybody else

This government did it's bad deeds and it's good deeds. Like everybody else

Its true Thunder!
What I like most about this government is fully transparant when it comes to finances and development projects.
Unlike our socalled democratic leaders who plunderd Pakistan during their 11 year reign Musharraf is not corrupt and a true chauvinist, a patriot!

SUGAR !
Is sugar enough for the poor?
Come on guys. Give me a break!
Kashif

True, but it's just a example, staple foods in pakistan can be cheap one day, then litterly have a huge price the next. I clrealy remember how there we used to buy a chicken for RS.150-200. For us desis living abroad or those rich families living in pakistan, RS:200 might not be alot of money, but for you're average pakistani working man who makes somewhere from RS:3000-5000 a month, having a chicken for dinner every day is something rare.

True, but it's just a example, staple foods in pakistan can be cheap one day, then litterly have a huge price the next. I clrealy remember how there we used to buy a chicken for RS.150-200. For us desis living abroad or those rich families living in pakistan, RS:200 might not be alot of money, but for you're average pakistani working man who makes somewhere from RS:3000-5000 a month, having a chicken for dinner every day is something rare.
I get your point, but this phenomena not unique for Pakistan but occurs in all developping countries.
The gap between demand and supply causes the inflation and supplies in Pakistan are'n a stable factor, hence the hike in price.
The sugar crisis was mainly caused by corruption indeed.
But again, these are minor setbacks. See the perspective, we've come far under this governmet.

Back
Top Bottom