What's new

Pakistan is attracting chinese by using Buddha

Status
Not open for further replies.
pakistan is proud is it's history and heritage which includes buddhism.

You know me very well Justin - right? and i feel no ashame to say that Buddha is one of my favourite personalities after the "Islamic Prophets" in the world. I was personally very much inspired with Buddha and his ideology and believe he was someone really special and trust me majority of the Budhists do not believe him as God.

There are always two sides of the coin, Wherever Muslim's conquered If the History was written by a Muslim you often find written "they protected all the Temples and the places of worship as well as the womens and childrens of its city" and you find different version of the same story if written by Non-Muslim authors saying they destroyed/demolished everything. I am not going into such debate but all i am trying say is me being a Muslim and mostly reading the books influenced by the Muslim Historians can say that we Pakistanis try to preserve our civilization and history better or equally compared to India. We have hundreds or even thousands of Non-Muslim places of worships including Temples and Churches and trust me they are well being taken care of. I have visited some of the temples myself and trust me i was very impressed with the way GoP has preserved these sacred places.

Come out this ilussion that Musilms are like Hitler and they have nothing better to do than demolishing those sacred places of Non-Muslims. Budha is very well respected among many Pakistanis (those who know about him) and for your kind information he is probably the only Non-Muslim personality that we read in the primary schools of Pakistan praising him like a hero. I can still remember i read about his life (very briefly) in my Primary school in Pakistan and some Muslims even consider him as a Prophet of God.

We have every right to use his name or link him with the History, heritage or civilization of Pakistan.

I think you dont know the reality of the subcontinent's history and the destruction of muslim invaders inflicted upon it's riches and culture... if you get some time try to google ..destruction of temples in India by Muslim invaders...
and you dont have to rely on some history books for that.. you go to any temple in South India..you will find the defaced sculptures and/or a muslim shrine built inside a temple complex... and whole world knows ..what the islamic invaders did to the non islamic people during the invasions...

I think you dont know the reality of the subcontinent's history and the destruction of muslim invaders inflicted upon it's riches and culture... if you get some time try to google ..destruction of temples in India by Muslim invaders...
and you dont have to rely on some history books for that.. you go to any temple in South India..you will find the defaced sculptures and/or a muslim shrine built inside a temple complex... and whole world knows ..what the islamic invaders did to the non islamic people during the invasions...

just what i was saying in my post......... there are two sides of the coin........... i am well aware of our subcontinent's history and i do know what Anti-Islam has to say about destruction of these temples and the way you have made your last 3 posts in this thread has already proved the poor level of knowledge so i ain't going to argue with you :no:

Best wishes

Hyipocrite who the heck are u to preach us OUR history>?Watever still our heritige is ours not indias or indians is it?or do u call our forefathers ur fathers?coz even ethnically we arent similiar also Buddha statues arent destroyed to neglected by Pakistan maybe ur misunderstanding Pakistan with the destroyed bamyan buddha stautes...so get knowedge or get a life.

Ranting gets you no where buddy.Unless some common sense prevails.

Before jumping and barking,you should know the life cycle of people in the sub-continent and thier origins.

Muslims in the sub-continent didnt just fell from the sky. they were once converted hindus.Conversions were on peak during the mughal rule.People who lacked balls kneeled to the mughals and got converted,others for money.
Now go and re-take your ancient history class and figure out how these millions of muslims in the sub-continent showed up.You might get an anser to your ancestral origin as well. No flaming intented,but only facts.

The whole sub-continent right from the begining was hindu by religion divided by so many sub-castes like kshatriyas,vyshas,brahmins and sudras. All these trubes were given these castes based on the nature of their work ,but not due to birth.

In those hay days, when people gathered and shared the duties for bringing an organised society,the persons who took the job of ruling these folks termed as kshatriyas lateron,while the ones who do rituals and offerings to god were termed as vyshas,people who teach lessons(vedas in those days) named brahmins and the ones who did all sort of jobs from growing crops to guarding borders were called sudras. Since people failed to change according to the changing years on the callendar,they had to get carried away with this akward caste system(which infact was a pretty minor thing now).

Later came in other faiths of Buddhism,Jainism in the sub-continent.These new faiths are mainly about non-voilence.
The hindu faith dont care about voilence and non-voilence,all it says is one has to follow his karma(which could be killing or get killed in short)
While christianity started spread with the arival of portugese in the late 1400`s,while spreading os islam happened in the late 9th century. Though many scholars put thier words that those early conversions were of those economically backward and buddhists.

Today if you are talking about history of pakistan means, you are indirectly talking about history of ancient India. Pakistan as a nation is only 60+ years old,while Bharat(named after the might king Bharata) is milleniums old :cheers:

Infact muslim invaders were a black spot in the history of india.they ravaged the Bharatiya culture. Demolished all temples and shrines and built mosques on top. If today people in the sub-continent still fighting for religion means, the blame has to go upon to mughals who even taxed for growing beard and offering hair.....lol

Hyipocrite who the heck are u to preach us OUR history>?Watever still our heritige is ours not indias or indians is it?or do u call our forefathers ur fathers?coz even ethnically we arent similiar also Buddha statues arent destroyed to neglected by Pakistan maybe ur misunderstanding Pakistan with the destroyed bamyan buddha stautes...so get knowedge or get a life.

dude.. CALM DOWN!!.. Take a deep breath.... now listen...no body "peraches" history... History is a fact that happened previously.. and believe me nobody would want to claim you or your fathers, forefathers.. and I know where "were" the Bamiyan statues... first you need to know your history from a neutral source before asking me to to get some "knowledge" .. cheers!

just what i was saying in my post......... there are two sides of the coin........... i am well aware of our subcontinent's history and i do know what Anti-Islam has to say about destruction of these temples and the way you have made your last 3 posts in this thread has already proved the poor level of knowledge so i ain't going to argue with you :no:

Best wishes

Bro... I'm talking about the History that I can see with my eyes.. not the "written" History which can be the manipulated...

Bro... I'm talking about the History that I can see with my eyes.. not the "written" History which can be the manipulated...

i did understand before also - but i always wonder why some people forget these Idols are not god - so they come up with an expiry date - once they are like 100 or even 1000 years old they reaches its expiry date and gets broken itself ;) As per Indian members these are only source of your worship to god. It helps you imagine the god in mind and you offer your prayers accordingly

I am not saying Sultan Mehmood Ghaznvi didn't break idols i do admit he did break idols in the "temple of 100 minarates" popularly known in both India and Pakistan but it does not mean he was holding a shovel or sword in his hands and was demolishing each and every temple as portrayed by Non-Muslim historians in the books of history :lol:

Anyway lets get back to topic now - and its my time to sleep :)

^^^
i did understand before also - but i always wonder why some people forget these Idols are not god - so they come up with an expiry date - once they are like 100 or even 1000 years old they reaches its expiry date and gets broken itself As per Indian members these are only source of your worship to god. It helps you imagine the god in mind and you offer your prayers accordingly

Having seen your posts in other threads .. I was under the impression that you are really an "Elite" member... but am sorry to say that.. this post of yours have proven me wrong... May truth prevail....Cheers!

Well he is part of the shared history of the subcontinent that ties Afghanistan, Pakistan India and even Tibet together. Lets celebrate the shared history rather than denying each other these claims.

While there were bad muslim rulers, there were also good ones. And why not refer to them as mongol or turkic invaders? When Alexander invaded NW India, he was no less brutal. When the non-muslim mongols invaded Afghanistan and present day Pakistan they had created mountains of dead bodies. Its another thing that after they vanquished various muslim and buddhist kingdoms in their path the mongols converted to Islam themselves.

Islam does not permit destroying religious places and Al-Beruni himself refers to Ghaznavi as uncouth and a savage. And hence it was the sufis with the true message of Islam that were instrumental in spreading this faith rather than the muslim rulers who more often than not were worried about their power just like any other king of that time except for the few good kings everynow and then

The Berzin archives are quite interesting and it seems to show the overall Islam-Buddhist interactions in positive light written by a Buddhist scholar. Thanks to Justin Joseph for linking this site.
------------------------------
The Historical Interaction between the Buddhist and Islamic Cultures before the Mongol Empire ? 18 The Ghaznavids and Seljuqs

Al-Biruni, the Persian historian who accompanied Mahmud’s invasion of the Indian subcontinent, spoke favorably of Buddhism and wrote that Indians referred to Buddha as a “Prophet.” Perhaps this indicates his familiarity with the Middle Persian term burxan, meaning prophet, used for “Buddha” in Sogdian and Uighur Buddhist texts, and earlier in Manichaean texts for all prophets.
It may also indicate, however, that the Buddhists were accepted as “people of the Book” and, along with the Hindus and Jains, afforded protected subject dhimmi status after the initial destruction.

Further evidence to support this second conclusion is that the Ghaznavids did not persecute Buddhism in their earlier holdings in Sogdia, Bactria, or Kabul. In 982, Buddhist frescoes were still visible in Nava Vihara and the colossal Buddha figures carved in the cliffs of Bamiyan in central Afghanistan were still undamaged. Al-Biruni reported many Buddhist monasteries still functioning on the southern borders of Sogdia at the turn of the millennium.

Like the Samanids before them, the Ghaznavids promoted Persian culture. Both Persian and Arabic literature, from the ninth through the twelfth centuries, abounded with references to the beauty of the Buddhist monuments, indicating that monasteries and mosques functioned peacefully, side by side. For example, Asadi Tusi described the splendor of Subahar Monastery of Kabul in his 1048 work, Garshasp Name. Persian poetry often used the simile for palaces that they were as beautiful as a “Nawbahar” (Nava Vihara).

Buddha images, particularly of Maitreya, the future Buddha, were depicted at Nava Vihara and Bamiyan with moon discs behind their heads. This led to the poetic depiction of pure beauty as someone having “the moon-shaped face of a Buddha.” Thus in eleventh century Persian poems, such as Varqe and Golshah by Ayyuqi, the Pahlavi word bot, deriving from the earlier Sogdian term purt, is used with a positive connotation for “Buddha,” not with its second, derogatory meaning as “idol.” It implies the ideal of asexual beauty, and is applied equally to both men and women.

It is unclear whether the Arabic word al-budd derives from the Persian or was coined directly at the time of the Umayyad conquest of Sindh. Originally, the Umayyads used the term for both Buddhist and Hindu images, as well as the temples that contained them. Occasionally, they used it as well for any non-Muslim temple, including Zoroastrian, Christian, and Jewish. Later, however, it too came to have both a positive and a negative meaning as “Buddha” and “idol.”

All these references indicate that either Buddhist monasteries and images were present in these Iranian cultural areas at least through the early Mongol period in the thirteenth century or, at minimum, that a strong Buddhist legacy remained for centuries among the Buddhist converts there to Islam. If the Ghaznavids tolerated Buddhism in their non-Indian lands and even patronized literary works extolling its art, it seems unlikely, then, that their long-term policy on the subcontinent was one of conversion by the sword. As with the Umayyads, the Ghaznavid manner of conquest was not the same as their manner of rule.

Some Hindus consider Buddha to be an avatar of Vishnu. So in that sense, he is a god whom they worship.

And to say that idols are not god's themselves is technically correct, but it does not give any ruler of any religion the right to break or damage them. It is similar to burning religious books which are not god either, but people's sentiments are hurt by these actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom